Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I hope at least some people watching Centaur's Worried get blindsided by how upfront the author is with his politics in this cute-girl slice-of-life show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Rangpur posted:

For real though, the premise that a world full of assorted monster people probably wouldn't end up with an identical set of laws and cultural norms is one of the reasons I liked the manga. As for what it says about the author's politics... Eh, I'm reminded of the people who said Attack on Titan shows the author's endorsement of fascism.

There's this weird undercurrent. Most cute shows would focus on the girls & their activities, but there are chapters devoted to bloody civil wars or the struggles of a girl with a deadbeat single dad.
The schoolteacher says "Unity is sometimes more important than our individual rights, more important than our very lives" and then is thanked by a man in a military uniform.

These are the things that make the manga really interesting though! I'm looking forward to the anime.

HellCopter fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jun 23, 2017

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Are there any Isekai where the protagonist really, really doesn't care about this fantasy garbage and just wants the fastest ticket out?

e: Not counting Sword Art Online or any other show where something is actively trying to kill them.

HellCopter fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 27, 2017

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Wark Say posted:

Chinese Anime (Chanime? Chiname?) Studio based on Shanghai. Their projects so far have been on the less-than-stellar side of things.

Looking at their Wikipedia page, that might be due to lack of material more than anything else.

I'm gonna be upset if they cut out the freaky stuff though.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Did nobody pick up Made in Abyss? How y'all watching it?
Want to simulwatch with a torrent-phobic friend.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I hear the LWA subs on Netflix are bad, or something? But anime fans are chronic complainers so can I get an educated opinion on this

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Wait they're making a real-deal Ancient Magus' Bride anime? That's great news.

The UQ Holder anime looks insanely low budget. I don't know why it's so hard to get a good anime adaptation of Negima.
The legacy stuff doesn't show up until like 100 chapters in so the anime will probably stand on its own.

Negima is worth the read anyway, it owns and is a lot better than UQ Holder IMO.

HellCopter fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Sep 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
They animated the wrong sleepy princess

• Locked thread