Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I've seen people talking about Inuyashiki, but I can't for the life of me remember if what they were saying was good or bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I contemplated an anime rom-com set in China Mieville's Bas-Lag setting for a moment, and then realised it would just be Centaur's Worries with slightly more overt Marxist subtext.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Davincie posted:

when will there be an anime brave enough to give us the human x bugwoman sex scenes we deserve

Nipponophile posted:

Yeah, El Hazard was pretty good.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Knorth posted:

Oh I still haven't managed to see that yet, what's it inspired by?

Perfect Blue, I would assume.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Indiana_Krom posted:

For a show that was all about people writing stories and getting the audience to accept them, it is sad that the best episode of Re:Creators was the recap episode because it broke the fourth wall trash talking the main plot, character designs and production schedule.

There's something uniquely sad/funny about a badly-written show about the writing process.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Araki posted:

Hina Logi was good. Did anyone here watch the original Luck & Logic series last year? I might check it out if it's similar in tone to Hina Logi.

It was dull but pleasant, with the occasional bit of memorable visual flair.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Motto posted:

YA fantasy is popular

One YA fantasy is apparently more popular than the other, though.

Wark Say posted:

You know what I really want? A second season of Drifters. That's what I want.

Could do with less of that awful humour, though. Especially those interminable gay jokes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The ANN early review of that Jaden Smith anime is impressively savage - especially since the reviewer was clearly trying to be as charitable as he could.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So, any of the goons who said they were gonna watch Neo Yokio come back with a trip report?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dogsicle posted:

no, because he has no involvement with the actual production. he was just tapped to voice act

It's got no credited writers or director, and reads a lot like an ego-project for its star. I wouldn't make too many assumptions here.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Moltrey posted:

it was created by Ezra Koneig with Konieg, Nick Weidenfeld and Alexander Benaim writing, what is this conspiracy you made?

Jaden hasn't even really done anything since The Get Down over a year ago which a lot of people like, what the hell Vanity Project poo poo is this

Sorry, got it from the ANN review article - Mike Toole is usually a reliable source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Gimme more animes where people kiss.

Ore Monogatari/My Love Story?

• Locked thread