Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
most hype: Princess Principal, cos 3Hz's other recent anime original, flip flappers, was my favorite anime last year, soundtrack by yuki kajira so at a minimum should have good music
Kakegurui: safest pick this season

curious for: 18if: different director every episode, which gives this potential to be experimental and cool like space dandy. or it might be poo poo we'll see
Made in Abyss: like the unique art style, and especially the background art.
The Reflection Wave One: stan lee apparently made an anime w/ the director for mushishi. why not
Vatican Miracle Examiner: pope

maybe: Restaurant to Another World: after gazillionth seasons of hell girl and monogatari this is apparently what japanese nerds voted as their most anticipated anime this season. maybe they are onto something?
NTR: Netsuzou TRap yeah why not

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
they put out another pv for 18if and its decently :catdrugs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2TR-BNRL6U

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i think princess principal has real potential to be a good show that does really badly commercially just like flip flappers

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
if you're wondering what an anime trainwreck looks like watch handshakers, a series that hosed up everything

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Who's ready for Fate/Apocrypha and Kakegurui in the morrow?

does kakegurui premiere tomorrow

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
gently caress kakegurui is licensed by loving netflix? so have to wait for fansubs i guess. gently caress netflix is just the worst at this

raws are out for turbo-weebs and other japanese speakers though

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

What, does this mean there's a Junji Ito anthology series coming?

Yes actually it was announced a couple days ago

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
out of severe boredom i watched Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu and its an all right action show but it does have some real impressive background art, i'll give it that

the only innovative (i assume, i haven't seen this before)thing it does is the next episode previews appearing as a vn

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

dogsicle posted:

there's also the thing with Amazon where they aren't really licensing stuff themselves and just gladly accepting whatever shows Sentai will throw at them. hopefully HIDIVE is a stronger service next season and Sentai sends more/all their stuff there.

i saw hidive getting a real good line up this season, at least for shows i want to watch this season, and they even have a handful of shows amazon picked up but are just airing them in the rest of the world outside of amerikkka

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
having watched it now kakegurui owns and is probably going to be the hit anime of the season

cast has a serious case of the tanya face

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Personal_Nirvana posted:

It's really not that great.

Watch Akagi for a decent gamble anime without Kakegurui's weirdness

dunno why the gently caress id watch anime if i was looking for stuff w/o weirdness

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhW81Ekacf4

what if its actually good

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
my old rear end japanese law prof told me whale is p good but also that the people that actually eat whale still are old fucks like him that grew up eating it

in non whale news they released a new pv for s2 of kekkai sensen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD9zDA8Ih0U

i really liked the first season, it was stylish as hell, but the story was a bit incoherent. looking forward to this season and hope they fixed that issue

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
NTR is about exactly what you would expect

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
18if is pretty visually ambitious but the narrative is a bit incoherent and it was somewhat boring despite looking interesting. like a mediocre flip flappers. it may have potential, or might be wildly uneven since its supposedly doing the thing with a different director and i think screenwriter for each episode with relative autonomy

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
is the castlevania show worth watching at all

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
im getting mixed signals here

made in abyss owns btw

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i watched the first episode of hina logi and it seemed painfully generic magical girl poo poo tbh. good art design tho

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
senpai.moe claims it should be up on amazon prime by now but i dont have their anime subscription. that op/ed is rad though

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
princess principal owns

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Did Centaurs Worries get picked up for streaming?

crunchyroll

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

kater posted:

Also I didn't realize that the last YowaPedal was the loving finale! Bad sports anime, you are supposed to run forever. Also what a bad spot to end.

they already announced another season so sounds like it is?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

Watching princess principal makes me miss darker than black. Though it's not a bad show, the visuals looks great, and I like how it doesn't merely ape steampunk conventions, but actually hammers in the privation and destruction of the human spirit during the Victorian age. And I knew from the opening sequence that the magic rock that powers the magic steampunk tech had better be polluting as gently caress.

A fan of the main character lying constantly, not a fan of character designs going too cutesy.

made a thread for it

i kind of like the bizarre mix between art styles because for me at least it highlights the "just roll with it" of the premise

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
I guess tanya the evil was isekai technically, and it owned

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
does anyone else want to make a thread for made in abyss, or should i? because i think that show is gonna end up needing one

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i like what studio lerche has been doing lately production values wise (especially scum's wish but to a lesser extent magical girl raising project) so that should be very pretty at a minimum. im not familiar with the manga

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb_AKZfO7BE this looks cool

e: also new violet evergarden pv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Zdfcdl3mg

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Aug 11, 2017

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Knorth posted:

Houseki no Kuni has a neat look to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL3vytC1140

Same with Children of the Whale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrKzNx2uy2c

I think Dav posted the Girls Last Tour trailer in here earlier, I really like the manga so I hope the anime is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u_2PbMgwR8

This woman has flowers growing in her hair, so that seems pretty swell

these + kekkai sensen 2 are what i plan to watch barring any dark horse breakouts or w/e. particularly last girls tour looks like my poo poo

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
so apparently this happened a couple weeks ago but i just learned, studio bones confirmed at a screening a new mob psycho 100 anime is going forward

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i was real worried about your name after fuckin hating 5 cm per second but the movie really owned, imo

Fangz posted:

So we stop talking about these horrible horrible things I just saw Your Name.

It was very pretty but my issues with Shinkai's storytelling are still present. Characters babbling exposition endlessly, over-reliance on a romance plot, lack of clear motivations, no real character development, the resolution being unearned, bullshit contrivances...

the resolution seemed earned to me? they did terrorisms to save the people of the town and then wandered around for half a decade searching for eachother and poo poo. the only thing that didnt really make sense to me was why mitsuha's friends so uncritically accepted her assessment of the comet impact (even before finding the evidence that this has happened before) but maybe they did b/c of her families history of magic freaky friday dreams. but w/e you also complained about a romance movie having a romance plot

still need to watch a silent voice

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
after this interview with the director i am somewhat intrigued by this fall 2017 show:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/interview/2017-09-13/amica-kubo/.120872

mainly cos women so seldom get to direct anime when they actually do its because they are real fuckin good (eg blood blockade, michiko and hatchin) and the pv looks interesting. her philosophy on the design elements sound promising too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzzXyRcGFw

the manga being adapted seems pretty bare boned and as the interview implies this seems like the series is gonna be borderline anime original too, which is always interesting. i have hopes for this show and will definitely keep an eye on it

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i should watch the weird cambodian genocide episode of 18if at some point

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Homura and Sickle posted:

i should watch the weird cambodian genocide episode of 18if at some point

follow up: i did, it was really good actually

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Wark Say posted:

You know what I really want? A second season of Drifters. That's what I want.

well its in production so grats

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

an actual dog posted:

I'm pretty sure that's just a tourism ad, not a PV

lmao

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
is the fall season thread going up soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
kakegurui ended up being only okay and certainly not an anime i will ever recommend to ppl

• Locked thread