Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
my favorite part of gamers is how the entire first half of the first episode is the show snickering and saying "HEY, GET READY, THIS CHARACTER GETS TOOOOTALLY SCREWED"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
is it even possible to judge a sequel as terrible when every episode is going to be 1 1/2 minutes of nothing

i can't even tell if it's actually bad because there's so little to see

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
gyaruko is a better gyaru show than this season's

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

AnacondaHL posted:

I looked this up expecting to see something from the mid-00s, but it aired last year?! I'm sensing red flags here...

it's just a short anime about a gyaru hanging out with her friends. it's pretty good and the manga has nice art

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
goofy sex jokes is a bit different from teen girls hanging out and talking about the differences between pads and tampons

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's short adaptations of the manga that iirc is written by the squid girl guy so it'll probably be funny

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
e; i'm going to change this post to say

princess principal is pretty good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
symphogear is goofy and over-the-top?! what the fcuk

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ok i'm on board

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
he's a huge fan of western super hero comic stuff

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm extremely angry mitsuboshi is being made by the exact same staff as nichijou and came from a portal to another dimension to steal nichijou season 2's place in our world, ensuring a second season of nichijou will never exist entirely because of mitsuboshi colors

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
18if is weird cause every ep is a different director and from the sounds of it episode 3 is like, far and away, leagues above the first two

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ep 1 of princess principal is basically just to set the tone, rather than actually being a very good introduction to the central cast like episode 2 and 3

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's very sweet and actually pushing it to be one of my favorite shows this season

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the 2015 idolmaster show is really good actually

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

How many im@ses have crushes on the producer, and is that okay?

i don't remember if any of them did but the producer is cool in cg cause he's just an awkward but sweet dude who wants people to be able to be happy with their jobs and nobody's development really gravitates entirely around him outside of his own interactions with the rest of the cast, where he constantly fumbles because he's bad at talking to people and it's an actual thing he has to improve at

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
smart phone isekai villain who runs a network company

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
in other news, kakegurui doesn't come out on netflix until next year lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
netflix is getting lots of good shows but gently caress they're terrible at the whole actually releasing them fast enough for anyone to care to watch them part

lwa's been finished for a while and the only announcement about getting the second half is this month, and it's from netflix france

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Waffleman_ posted:

Netflix US released a video of their entire August release slate, and LWA was nowhere to be found, so unless it's a surprise...

frankly if netflix doesn't release it soon i will never forgive them for depriving people of my favorite show of the year for another month

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i have no idea about the subs but i heard that at least the dub is really good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
netflix's subs are bad if they don't overlay the subs on every individual monitor reflecting the shot in that one scene in the back half of the show

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the back half of delta is really bad and i kind of slowly slid off it until i ended up just not watching the last two episodes, but the front half is the most fun i've had with macross

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't really care about parodying jrpg tropes or whatever but guru guru has fun energy and i find the way all the characters bounce off each other really funny and actually kind of sweet

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
digibro is a dumbass

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm gonna say the discourse digibro leads to is anything but interesting or insightful and in fact does very little to educate people on anything about the industry or studios or the actual problems with how creators are paid

i watched his old video about pacing in anime and while i totally disagreed with what he said about kekkai sensen it wasn't a bad video but it sounds like more recently he's gotten really lovely and basically all i ever hear from people in relation to his videos is complete poo poo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Xelkelvos posted:

Who needs youtubers to tell them anythign about anime

well it's cool when a guy can actually tell you how studios work and also explain the background and history of notable animators who get zero attention from the general public

it's dumb when it's just a guy making a several hour long video series on why sword art online is bad

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

I should probably actually watch an Ikuhara show at some point

utena is pretty good

i hope people don't act like his new show is the savior of lesbians

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
aguri is the best part of gamers

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
houseki no kuni will be interesting cause it's a full production by studio orange, who are known for doing actually nice-looking cg

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kater posted:

Was Blood Block Battle good or did people just lose their minds over the ED?

it's the best anime of 2015

i dunno if the new season will be as good cause the director of season 1 just had a loving amazing sense for visual flair and timing and pacing and she's not returning for this one, but the later stuff in the manga is supposed to be really good so it will probably still be good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Eela6 posted:

If I want to dip my toes in the idol thing in preparation for the season of idols where should I start?

The only thing I've seen remotely along those lines is Symphogear.

idolm@ster: cinderella girls, locodol or love live: sunshine

og love live is ok but it's full of pretty limp drama and i don't think it really goes for anything to make it as especially fun or interesting

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
watch it because it's a really well-directed and well-written show, also

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you can only watch idolm@ster after you watch xenoglossia, or the experience is forever ruined

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
e; on second thought i'm just gonna say this week's princess principal is insanely good, but i guess that doesn't mean much cause i say that about every episode cause princess principal is really good

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 22, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
did you know ufotables had to make a public apology because a guy who worked on a single scene in the new episode of touken ranbu drunktweeted that he intentionally drew a horse's face to look like a dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

paragon1 posted:

well now that just doesn't seem like something to apologize for.

you'd think, but apparently people got extremely upset over it

• Locked thread