Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

AnacondaHL posted:

how many of you actually clicked this and watched this?

"yo we gotta teach these old money fuccbois a lesson, you can't give archangel the satisfaction B"

this was an actual line of dialogue spoken about halfway through the video. I feel like someone should have pointed this out, so now I have pointed it out. Thanks for reading.
i subtly pointed it out, and what makes it better is that im 90% sure that's mero saying it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Fall Comes In Like A Lion

this isnt even funny, i just want more people to talk about 3Gatsu

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
mike toole is cool, but im still gonna watch it, sorry mike

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i will do it.

i don't expect it to be good, but i will do my service for this community.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Legend of the Galactic Heroes is probably one of my favorite anime and the second anime I ever watched and sought out on my own and I'm def excited and thankful for this new anime, but yeah the designs are a bummer.

Kircheis is definitely my biggest issue too. He wasn't like, typical bishonen, but still attractive in his dorky, nice way in the OVA but he kinda looks like a complete prick in the anime

vs

How is Reinhard supposed to idly play with Kircheis' hair like he does in the OVA if it this greasy mop?? I wonder if it's just Kircheis or if they're just excising all curly or voluminous hair. Like I wanna see Dusty and Julian now. I feel confident Ruental and Mittermeyer will look fine

and yeah long hair'd Reinhard is the hottest anime man and def got me on the Huh, Looking Feminine Is Way Cooler, I Wanna Look Like That tip

But I'm super excited for a new Galactic Heroes for others to see, I'm really hopeful. I wish Production I.G. wasn't making it cause I'm absolutely dying for Season 4 of Haikyuu

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 21, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I've seen other people say it's supposed to be a straight second adaptation of the books, but I can't find a source of that? I have no idea how many episode numbers there are either, so I assuming it's doing like the old OVA and doing 26 24m episodes to cover the first season/first two books, but this is total speculation.

The old anime is still 100000% watchable today for anyone who's interested, I watched it when I was 15 - 16, like getting ready to get my learner's permit in 10 minutes watching it on my phone, so like, anyone can do it, even tho the episode count is daunting.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 21, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
LoGH being a Normie Anime is a super weird thing, but going by the Reccomendation Thread thread title i get it i guess

Davincie posted:

24 eps/ 12 ep season 1, 3 movies containing 4 eps each for season 2
Oh weird, ty

Everything Burrito posted:

no amount of pretty men will get me to try to watch LOGH again
the boys are pretty and it's very gay if that sweetens the pot for anyone

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I loved Punpun as a late teen but now I wonder how much of it has aged into Cliche Sad Boy Just Wants To Cum Meaningfully, i need to buy more of the english volumes

otoh, Berserk and JoJo are on the top manga list so it nailed that

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

I don't think even sensuous buttfucking could make me interested in space war and I'm p sure it's not that gay
It's not like Utena or Oniisama e... levels and they don't kiss on screen but holy moley is there queer "sub" text

Here's gifs from like five episodes really early on

The book goes into a lot more detail of the blond playing with the red's hair idly when alone and their time teasing and complimenting each other as teens

there are three other heavily gay coded relationships between five central characters too

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 21, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The Colonel posted:

i once saw a guy recommend legend of the galactic heroes to someone based on them liking kyousougiga and then attempt to further justify it and i'm pretty sure that's the exact moment reccing lotgh became a joke
oh my god this sucks yeah i totally why some have just no respect for it now

but hey if you're at all interested, it's real good imo!

lmao at saying it's not that gay tho when i know two queer people who have started an episode analysis blog and are re-watching it with a queer lens

VostokProgram posted:

if the new series is an independent adaption from the books i'm still excited for it but i'm also saddened that we won't get to see dusty again

rest in peace old friend
christ i forgot dusty was an anime original character

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

to clarify I was saying it wasn't "the dudes literally have sex on screen" levels of gay not that it had no subtext at all and also I watched whatever movie it is that covers the first two episodes and was bored to death so it's really not a show for everyone and it gets kind of old when people try to sell it super hard (i.e. the meme is a meme for a reason)
in hindsight, i realize I totally read "and im pretty sure it's not that gay" as a separate thought and you were saying its not that gay as just as a general statement, that was totally my bad im sorry

yeah no i totally get why people just say it's boring. It's entirely people talking with repeated footage of realistic space battles set to classical music and that just does not click with people

im sure people are annoying and lovely about it, im definitely being that, but there's also the other side where I feel there's a reason people sell it super hard. it's it's own thing tho and there's no reason to bring it up after someone says they liked aria or whatever

LoGH Is The Wire Of Anime with every negative thing that also implies

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Sep 21, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I have two episodes left of it and while I can't recommend it to anyone, I actually enjoy it. It's not perfect and I'm checking my phone through some parts, but there's enough odd references to east coast, boujie and hip hop culture that I'm entertained and some line deliveries from Jaden and the odd gag can get me. (Toblerones are name dropped in every episode, everyone knows what a hikikomori is)

It's totally fine, I'm having a bit of fun, but I'm guessing most people don't care enough about east coast or hip hop culture to get anything out of it and that's fine

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
how did i not make the connection that that was jason schwartzman jesus

the art honestly doesn't bother me at all, I have no idea why so like, aside from that there's really not much I much dislike about this show other then it's thin and kinda all over the place.

The setting itself kinda fits into the weird reference stuff that I like, this show calls someone an "herb", references a "chop cheese" in an insult and says things like "Coco Chanel, may her memory be blessed." It's this weirdly specific and modern thing that also seems to be reflected in the people in it, with Jaden Smith, Desus Nice and The Kid Mero playing the central male characters, rather than just typical Reference Humor

i'd check a second season yeah, but i also get why people just wanna dunk on it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that makes sense, I have a weird thing where I read the subtitles first in anything so I don't look at faces too much

And yeah I haven't gotten there yet exactly, but even early the alternate universe stuff is neat with like Battery Park being flooded and Magistocracts being a thing which is a really good word. My favorite is that apparently my home state was renamed to North Cackalackia, when North Cackalacky is already a dumb nickname for North Carolina that no one from there actually says

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 23, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Toblerones in general are a running gag

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Darth Walrus posted:

It's got no credited writers or director, and reads a lot like an ego-project for its star. I wouldn't make too many assumptions here.
it was created by Ezra Koneig with Konieg, Nick Weidenfeld and Alexander Benaim writing, what is this conspiracy you made?

Jaden hasn't even really done anything since The Get Down over a year ago which a lot of people like, what the hell Vanity Project poo poo is this

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah go be mad at him if you want, that actually makes sense, but saying the REAL mastermind is the famous teenager who says silly things on twitter is behind this is wild as hell

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Oh huh, weird. I trust Mike Toole too, that is weird. I can see how people think this Jaden's Brand, but nah all he did was voice act, and his delivery sometimes is the best part of a scene

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I haven't finished it yet, but Kakegurui is def the most buckwild thing I've seen in a while and I watched all of Neo Yokio. It is hard to reccomend considering from what i can tell, MAPPA actually added more sexual scenes than were in the manga and some people have compared it to Eromanga Sensei in terms of :siren::siren::siren: which I def don't agree with but w/e. It's fun and will probably make my #5 this year.

It easily wins best OP this year so far, i want a gif of Midari in the OP as an avatar but she has credits like right over her face

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I keep up with reading One Punch Man and I wasn't at all excited for a second season, but now I'm actively worried about it. Pretty sure it was supposed to air 2017 too, hope everything's good over there

hope bones is doing alright with mob psycho season 2

• Locked thread