Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Man I need to hurry up and finish Symphogear so I can be ready for the new season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Plotting is honestly one of the things I value least in a series.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

I think a lot of the idea that Code Geass is a train wreck is just people mindlessly repeating the memetic circle jerk from 4chan or wherever back when R2 was airing. With stuff like Symphogear it's just a way of pretending that you don't like it unironically. With gross stuff like Cross Ange it's often a way of pretending you don't fap to it.

Why are people scared of liking Symphogear unironically? I only just recently watched it so I missed previous opinions on the show but I thought it was legitimately good and fun. Was the premise just too silly for them? Was it that really bad scene with Fine and Chris in season 1?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Colonel posted:

show about magical girls powered by singing wearing revealing outfits broadcasting in 2012, not a cool thing to like on older adtrw

From what I understand of older adtrw I get they'd dislike the outfits or whatever but what's wrong with things powered by singing. That owns!

E:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Wasn't season 3 the one with "do these look like swords to you?"

Yeah it was. It ruled.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

If you want to be stepped on, Kakegurui has got you covered.

Well, guess I'm watching Kakegurui.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

All I hear is that whale tastes real bad and is very expensive so nobody actually eats it. Not that even in Japan i've ever seen any place that sells it.

Whale isn't really a staple of Japanese cuisine.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

I haven't seen that, but I wasn't joking, the main character of Dive is gay. Not in a sports anime way, like, in a genuine real life way

Sounds like Yuri on Ice then. Rangpur wasn't joking either i'm guessing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

My backlog is too crazy to get on board right now, but out of curiosity is this a sequential series where I have to start from the first Symphogear, or are they PreCure-ish standalones?

Nothing standalone in Symphogear. Season 2 wouldn't make sense if you hadn't started from the beginning let alone season 4. Also, season 1 is my favourite Symphogear so it's very worth watching, even if animation wise it's way below the rest of the series.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

I and most people I've seen thought Princess Principal really picked up in its second episode, so it might be worth giving that a shot.

I thought it had a pretty good 1st episode too tbf. Though episode 2 was really great and dropping the show before watching that episode would be kind of a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If Sunshine season 2 is as much of an improvement over season 1 as season 2 of og Love Live was over its season 1 then it might be aoty. If it's just as good as season 1 then it will still probably be one of the best of the season.

• Locked thread