Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

honestly jack's an okay character and honestly kind of fun in some of the fate/grand order stuff that just writes her like a goofy kid who wants to be friends with alice, but her design is p. bad so big rip

judging from the pv she seems to be a messy eater with a big appetite like chris. that's five points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Fangz posted:

Are people hyped for Made in Abyss on the basis of the manga?

yeah, me. the manga owns. stuff gets twisted later but it has a rather gradual progression into the darker content so I don't think it should dissuade anyone from testing the waters w/ the anime

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
everything you mentioned is just military fiction with near-zero intrinsic political slant except the GATE source material that apparently some goons liked to sit in a circle around and bash. it's not like the AoT kids finally get in the basement and it's the Italian fascist manifesto or a framed photo of Hirohito.

oh wait, Mahouka depicts all on-screen Chinese people as evil terrorist caricatures that the MC wants to purge. maybe that's part of what you were looking for

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Horizon also has one of the best anime OSTs. I haven't even watched it yet but whew

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://u.nya.is/btbxha.webm
first-name basis...

Hina Logic seems like a good show w/ Precure-esque simple vibrancy to the setting and chars. It feels like "animate a kids show, but in a late-nite time slot" is catching on fast.

it's a story about a princess who runs away from home to enlist in a school for magical girls so she can meet the girl she saw on TV and developed a crush on. if that sounds cute, check out ep 1. it's by Doga Kobo so it's full of charming animation

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jun 25, 2017

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Julias posted:

I'm surprised, did Episode 1 got an early preview?

Anyways have a cool image from the website.

This is not Hina Logic!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Guy Goodbody posted:

What's the relationship between Luck & Logic and Hina Logic? Is it like Fate/Zero and Prisma Ilya?

Multimedia franchise between Bushiroad, Doga Kobo, and some other companies. There's a TCG and the now two anime that seem to take place in the same world. i tried the first one but ep 1 didn't do much for me and no one was selling it up. This one tells a different story with new chars.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it's Hinako Note and there's no way Namtab would renounce that show.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Namtab posted:

Hina logic sure has a lot going on.

does doga kobo's power level rise inversely to the number of boys in their shows

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
please edit your post to rhyme with billy mays

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the anime design is true to kuroboshi's style so it'll be very good. so much so that they'll have to level-up the studio name to 4hz, for foreheads

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
nothing horrible about izetta, but definitely dull in a lot of the wartime drama/action where it could've been exciting which is a complaint i've heard about some of the writer's popular works. it was worth the watch for me because I went in expecting girls expressing their love for each other while riding an anti-tank rifle

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Summer Season 2017: Multi-track Drifting!?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
sorry, the titties are already paid for under Blank Constructs name

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Wark Say posted:

The one thing about Shaft that I'm glad to see is Akiyuki Shinbo kinda stepping away and letting other people direct things.

i too am glad for a thing that happened over a decade ago

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

so no person has ever been waiting their whole lives for some lovely instant curry.

hi

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the plot's nothing special and it's not like anyone is playing the TCG so it's just a matter of whether or not you have a soft spot for silly chars with squishy faces, or think the main pair are cute, or want to see the redhead blow stuff up a lot

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm honestly not sure who that show's aiming to sell itself to, tbh. Most "serious" Girls Love fans I know actively hate the premise,

ah, the yuri scotsmen

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

ep 1 was super pretty

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

AnacondaHL posted:

Hina Logi is surprisingly charming, if you're into that. The teachers are awesome and the post-credits sequence with them after each episode owns.

Ep 2 kind of put me on a snooze and then the next ep was crazy and fun. Everyone's cute though, including the lady from Anti-Skill

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Why don't you like mahiro... blhue wtf??

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
It helps to have a fluffy bunny friend you can rub and mofumofu when times are tough

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i have zero clue what the context for comparing those 3 shows is

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Wark Say posted:

He's currently watching/following those two shows while referencing a third one from last year, using supposedly bad soundtrack as a comparison point. While also having a former best girl as an AV. Seems pretty straightforward.

no i just couldnt parse the two separate thoughts at first and thought he was comparing the OSTs of all 3

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Davincie posted:

it looked very 00s with the backgrounds

i loved this. it was really unexpected and cool to me how just the main girls are in Kuroboshi Kouhaku's cute style and everything else has that earthy look like they're in a show from a decade ago. the first ep's story threw me off guard a few times and its self-contained nature is a great way to highlight the main chars via contrast.

also the Japanese girl is my favorite for sure and she has all of the best outfits, the highlight being her school uniform with the Kimono-coat hybrid.

Princess Principal will be good, is my prediction

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Xelkelvos posted:

Well there's also the "even talking about this is illegal" sort of thought policing which spooks me a little.

agreed. so, about this season's smash hit Tenshi no 3P! . . .

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
c'mon, i fell asleep halfway and now i'm being spoiled before i can finish...

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Hina Logi,, Symphogeah

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Centaur worries ep 2 was good. The occasional pause in dialogue evokes a laid-back atmosphere like the early manga does similarly. There's decent char animation with cute faces, and the focal chars in shots are consistently on model. Everyone's cute imo and I especially enjoy how they casually set up the social acceptance in this world.

The best scene is the one midway through that opens up with a devil girl snuggling up to her fluffy bf,

introduces two lesbian chars (and the class prez bullying),

and wraps up the 'comfy angel wings' bit by using these two dudes

it's a good primer to the world-building aspect of the series and there's a lot of background details in this ep so I'm eager to see more like it. i might make a thread since i'm pretty sold on this adaptation

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
they should, it owns hard. though i think a lot of people knew that from the manga

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
thats using a haymaker to Protect Women. win-win

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the sequel will come. I pray every day for WW3.

uh, not like that

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Wark Say posted:

Yeah, that looks very doubtful at this point.

is what they said about Shana S3

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
hina logi has the best next-ep previews since sasami-san@ganbaranai. the teachers go out to the bar for drinks and gush about finding dates while scenes from the next ep play in the reflection of a pint of beer or on the wall-mounted tv or in the vice-principal's glasses

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jul 22, 2017

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
It was real fun for me. In some ways a middling show but I thought there were lots of fun little animation details and a lot of the arcs resolved with cute, warm moments. It's basically one of those high school LNs with superpowers where it becomes really boring the more the superpowers are actually involved

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
That seems to be the case with a lot of decent LN shows. *glances at volume 2 of phantom world*

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah i've written every english synopsis on myriad colors phantom world on the internet, in preparation for this day. get loving rused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

she's so blue

• Locked thread