Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
real dickish of you to prefer a second season of nichijou to world loving peace. leave my sight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
[obligatory post bringing up nichibros because the names are alike]

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
drat, i must be faster next time

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
granblue anime needs idol crossover eps

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Cake Attack posted:

Tfw you're cool and smart and everyone likes you

thanks i appreciate the compliment

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKRSIs_FIOg

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I've read that doujin

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Eela6 posted:

where nearly every episode seems to have some part where the comedy drops out completely so a teenaged girl can browbeat her own dad for not being an effective provider.

the scenario in question happened in literally one episode, not "nearly every episode", and this is unfairly reductive of a genuinely interesting family situation the show puts time and care into expanding on

Manami, the class rep char, owns. she 's a talented and diligent student who's being sought after by extracurricular groups but she pushes personal opportunities away so she can work a side job and take care of her younger siblings. we see her emotional motivation for this in ep 4 which also sets up the parallel between her grandfather and her father; he wants to be a painter but doesn't have enough faith in himself to make it his job. on the other hand he doesn't drop his hobby to focus on being a single father of five kids and support them all financially. instead he works part-time and relies on government welfare that comes in because of his youngest child's medical condition.

if her dad worked full-time, Manami wouldn't have to take a part-time job and could take interest in extracurricular activities, but she loves her family and is completely fine with taking care of everyone while he chases his dream of painting. she has a problem with him sitting on the fence because it's not helping either of them and that's an understandable conflict, not 'browbeating'. it's a realistic portrayal of an imperfect but loving household. we also see how they drop the conversation when the young kids wake up, and every other scene with the family shows Manami and her dad being loving and patient with the triplets and it's cute.

I think it's cool to see the interplay between large-scale worldbuilding, local drama, and cute slice-of-life content, and Manami's family is a good example of the show tying these aspects together.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
nothing about it bothers me. the inherent comedic value of "the main character is a horse below the waist" punctuating the depiction of otherwise ordinary highschool girls exploring the idea of body image, is good. the anime sure had fun with the camera pov in that scene, too.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

amazing. i'm torrenting the show now

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i'll watch it all and this one especially

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sakurazuka posted:

Centaur Hitler for page 69

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/blend_s_anime/status/905234353206079490

interesting-looking workplace comedy about a girl who roleplays as a sadist at a themed cafe where other character waitresses are offered, such as Imouto, Onee-san, Tsundere, and Idol(♂)

no but really, this guy is voiced by the same seiyuu as Nico from Love Live.

the cast seems balanced between boys and girls, servers and chefs/managers, so it seems it'll be similar to Working! as a workplace comedy. The anime will be handled by A-1 Pictures, and directed by the ex-gainax animator who did the Gurren Lagann Parallel Works short where Viral is the protagonist and fights bandit-lord Kamina

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

El Burbo posted:

Fall 2017: Absolute Kino

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://a.pomf.cat/nzemea.webm

Hina Logi trip report: the ship has sailed

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
watching this show start out as CGDCT and end up at actual romance has been my single greatest joy this season. thanks as always doga kobo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

dogsicle posted:

they use their stacks of monstergirl cash to license some genuinely good stuff outside that genre so I'm glad to support them

yeah this is definitely why im going to buy out every monstergirl manga

• Locked thread