Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really hope the new Tylor anime is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
these are the shows I'm definitely going to at least watch the first episode of

Welcome to the Ballroom
Centaur's Worries
Dive!!
Fate/Apocrypha
Restaurant to Another World
Cleanliness Boy! Aoyama-kun
Made in Abyss
Owarimonogatari 2nd Season
Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ
The Irresponsible Galaxy☆Tylor

there might be too much anime

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a Fate thread?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If Saber isn't a good character, why are there so many Sabers?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
there's only so many hours in the day to watch anime

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It came out a few years ago, I don't think heterochromia was as played out then as it is now.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sindai posted:

actually the premise of Girls Und Panzer

That's not true. The tank battles were because tank battles are an excellent way to teach womanly virtues to girls, and the schools were on boats because children learn better when schools are on boats

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gundam Wing is unironically good

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What's the relationship between Luck & Logic and Hina Logic? Is it like Fate/Zero and Prisma Ilya?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RME posted:

eat that space parfait

She's eating fast because it's literally vanishing in front of her

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Isn't that what the Leftovers is about?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
A bunch of people get stuck in an MMO, but the show is about the game's developers. They need to release a new update, but they don't know what will happen to the people trapped in the game during maintenance. They want to tweak the balance but they're worried that if they nerf a popular build, people might die

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sindai posted:

this, but all the developers are women with an incredibly complicated web of unrequited crushes on each other

this, but the crushes are requited

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fangz posted:

Ugh. They could at least base the narrative around being able to Google everything or something.

There's an American Isekai where the fact that the main characters brought a high school chemistry text book with them becomes incredibly important

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hate Yowamushi Pedal now

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wark Say posted:

The Hot-Blooded cycling manga?

the anime, I haven't read the manga

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
My initial post was humorous exaggeration of my feelings about Teshima losing, but on reflection this season actually was kinda lovely

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If they actually stick with the new Hime song, that might be enough for me to call Yowapeda permanently ruined

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

kater posted:

I could just tell I was going to be pissed last week. It was such a good moment and of course they just shat all over it. This ep felt like it tried as hard as possible to make the bullahit right, but nah gently caress it.

Also I'm still just as confused as I ever was why any of the stage results matter.

Stage results matter in real life too. winning a stage in a big race like the Tour de France is a big deal. Stages let people other than the overall winner get victories and be noticed. And they change the nature of the race, as they create more goals than just get to the end the fastest

Think of stages like individual games, and the whole race as a season. Imagine if nobody cared about the outcome of individual football games, the only thing that mattered was who won the Superbowl

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stairmaster posted:

oh apparently fate/apocrypha goes to poo poo in the middle

Will the anime get to that part?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
that's the fun of an adaptation, it can make changes for the better

I'm optimistic about all the anime this season, I don't think any of them will be trainwrecks

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't really understand what people mean when they call an anime a train wreck.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spiritus Nox posted:

A bad anime.

Usually one that tries to do a lot of things.

But the anime I've heard most often described as trainwrecks are Code Geass and Symphogear

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wark Say posted:

Symphogear is rad. Symphogear Season 2 was just as much (if not more so) radder. S3 was when things were not as rad (still plenty fun, though). I have high hopes for S4.

Wasn't season 3 the one with "do these look like swords to you?"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wouldn't call Code Geass a "fun mess" I'd call it a fun good anime. It kinda stumbles a bit at the beginning of the second season, but that doesn't make it bad or a mess. I don't even think Code Geass has "defenders" I think it has fans

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh yeah, Star Trek sucked

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
bonus demi-chan is good

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hadn't thought of it before, but I guess Maidragon is a reverse-Isekai

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
She sleeps with a big stuffed carrot. Because she's a horse

sold.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Davincie posted:

anime is dying!! help! help1!!

It's easy to help in this case, just don't pay for Amazon's anime service. If you want to watch it, torrent it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Holy poo poo, why in the world is Chio-chan of all things so well-produced

Not that I'm complaining since it's hilarious, but of all the series to have this level of care poured into it??

it deserves it

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fangz posted:

Oh yeah?

Yeah, it is a lot easier to make a good 2 minute trailer when the show is already complete than to make a 30 second teaser early in production. That's not really demonstrated by the trailer you posted, which was bad, but it's still true

Endorph posted:

F is a solid, sturdy letter. Many good words begin with it, such as Fruit, gently caress, Fan, Filling, and Fire. In anime terms, it has given us Fullmetal Alchemist, the fire emblem anime, Free!, Full Metal Panic, Fruits Basket, and of course, the Fate series. Based on this pedigree, I am giving FLCL 2 a solid 8.17/10

I can't really argue with that

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Big O and FLCL both had satisfactory endings. Adult Swim should've made Candidate for Goddess Season 2

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/disneyfireball/status/881848236402659328

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Aho Girl is bad

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wark Say posted:

Man, really? I was hoping to get my "Shorter Episode Length" anime fix with it and Tsurezure Children.

The main guys is just really unnecessarily cruel to the girl, and the girl's isn't destructive enough to warrant it, or funny or creative enough to carry the show.

Maybe it's like Maidragon or Umaru where the first episode is kinda weak but once the characters are all introduced and can bounce off each other it gets good, but I don't think I'm gonna find out

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ahogirl is an examination of the failings of Mainstreaming

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

oh poo poo, this is the same thing as that video where the grey haired girl got her hat stolen, right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Everything Burrito posted:

I think Aoyama-kun could be really fun if it's more of a sports show and less of a gimmick show and just uses the character quirks for quick jokes and not the entire substance of the show which it kinda looks like it's doing but hard to say after just 1 ep.

Yeah.

But the only thing I really care about is if that girl gets to support Aoyama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I no longer care about Aoyama, Dive is much better. Also it's very gay. Like, not in the way that all sports anime are a little gay because they're about sweaty muscular men having passionate relationship with each other, the main character of Dive is genuinely gay.

• Locked thread