Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am excited for the long-awaited arrival of the fairies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knorth posted:

Ooh, I don't tend to watch the previews, are they coming next week?

yeah, and it looks like they're gonna cause quite a stir in the restaurant!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really like the ED to Centaur's Worries. Which is odd because usually I'm not a big Rodgers and Hammerstein fan.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why would he even have natto spaghetti on the menu

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chiaki is the cruelest anime villain of all time

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Action Heroine Cheer Fruits is good.

I assume the ashtray thing was a reference, what director threw an ashtray at actors?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Aside from Jaden Smith that's a hell of a cast

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The nosebleed was enough to convince me the show will be bad. Nosebleeds meaning horniness is not a thing outside Japan, it makes no sense to include it in an American show unless you're just copying stuff from anime without rhyme or reason.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is a real show? This is some kind of joke, right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

chumbler posted:

I forgot what shows there will be besides booze wife.

Second seasons of Blood Blockade Battlefront and Umaru

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

AnoHito posted:

Fall 2017: Fall 2016 Season 2

yeah this one

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Let's see what original anime are coming out this fall

quote:

The story follows the everyday life of Itsuki, a novelist and "modern day Pygmalion" who works day in and day out to create the ultimate younger sister.

huh

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Action Heroine Cheer Fruits was really good this week

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
tfw dancing without your soul weighed down by gravity

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knorth posted:

Yeah that's what I thought. I don't see how it relates to the Mushroom girls thing though, besides the general fantasy aspect I guess

Seven Seas announced three new licenses today. The others were ARIFURETA: FROM COMMONPLACE TO WORLD'S STRONGEST

quote:

When a classroom of students is transported to another world to act as its saviors, Hajime Nagumo finds himself the weakest link. As his friends and classmates are granted strong classes and impressive abilities due to their existing skills, he is given the weak title of Synergist. When a dungeon quest leaves him separated from his group, Hajime must discover his own talents or be left to rot in this world forever.

and DIDN'T I SAY TO MAKE MY ABILITIES AVERAGE IN THE NEXT LIFE?!

quote:

When she turns ten years old, Adele von Ascham is hit with a horrible headache–and memories of her previous life as an eighteen-year-old Japanese girl named Kurihara Misato. That life changed abruptly, however, when Misato died trying to aid a little girl and met god. During that meeting, she made an odd request and asked for average abilities in her next life. But few things–especially wishes–ever go quite as planned.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
How about this, an unremarkable guy wants to live a normal life but then several quirky women show up and turn his life upside down?

But in a magical world

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knorth posted:

I hope it gets another season, I don't know how much source material there is beyond what we've seen though.

There's four light novels, but god knows how many episodes you get out of each novel

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nate RFB posted:

Hinamatsuri is getting an anime adaption in 2018 and that's pretty great.

omg

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Now that's a magical world I wouldn't mind entering

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that delinquent x student council president is the greatest love story ever told.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/907700291566542848

quote:

After the defeat of the demon king, twelve adorable demons were born into the world. God orders Byron, a hero, to raise the little devils into paragons of virtue–for the sake of peace across the land. Now Byron must summon household powers and slay domestic chores in the life-or-death struggle of raising little kids!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seven Seas is the best

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fangz posted:

I haven't heard of any of these, are they good?

Black General is cute and funny, the other one I haven't read but looks cute, and Voynich Hotel is absolutely fantastic.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
nevermind: maybe spoilers

Guy Goodbody fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 13, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/908037971638673408

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's not a lot of Go Nagai stuff licensed, is there? Maybe if this sells well Seven Seas will do more nice hardcover Go Nagai manga.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Postal Parcel posted:

Uhhhhh...........

Look, why won't hollywood adaptations of anime look at the success stories instead of the failures?

Failures: DBZ:Evolution, Avatar, Death Note
Successes: Inception, Edge of Tomorrow

Stop making direct adaptations

Macross -> Robotech -> Robotech live action movie is indirect

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's two days left of Seven Seas announcements. If they got either Yokohama Kaidashi Kikko or Is This a Dumbbell? I'm gonna flip

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Seven Seas license today were Magical Beasts and Where to Find Them but it's a manga and

quote:

Kinji, who lacks any kind of work ethic, is a layabout in his modern life. One day, he finds himself transported to another world–but not in a grand fantasy of a hero welcomed with open arms. He’s immediately shoved into a terrible job! Now enslaved by an evil mining company in a fantasy world, Kinji’s about to really learn the meaning of hard work!

quote:

An elite but socially-stunted gamer finds himself in another world, inhabiting the body of his character Diablo. But despite his powers, his awkwardness keeps getting in the way–so he decides to pretend to be a Demon Lord and soon finds himself with a pair of slaves: a well-endowed elf and a cat girl. Together, they struggle with everything from interpersonal relationships to diabolical beast battles!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They also got the Umaru manga, is that as good as the show?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ta

To

Ba

TaToBa

Ta To Ba

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Summer season isn't over yet, there's still one more episode of Action Heroine Cheer Fruits!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wark Say posted:

poo poo, really? Man, I can't remember. I'm even more pumped now. :dance:

All I remember was being super pumped at the announcement that more Symphogear was being produced. Well, if it was announced alongside Season 4, bets that it's happening in '18 are very likely.

I think seasons 3, 4, and 5 were all announced at the same time

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Small Japanese towns have sponsored anime before, right? Why not Canada?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I had forgotten that saving that community center was the goal of Action Heroine Cheer Fruits. They established that in the first episode but I don't think they ever showed that building again and none of the characters aside from Misaki have any emotional connection to it.

The Civiv Center has been such a minor thing that I'm assuming the show will end with them not saving it. Misaki will be sad, but then all the other Cheer Fruits will point out that they built the civic spirit and pride in Hinano that was the goal all along, even without the civic center.

• Locked thread