Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

cpaf posted:

There are a lot of balance problems but game is still fun and good imo

Honestly I enjoy the challenge and anticipation of eventually taking a city. Plus I like watching my numbers go up. I'm a sucker for poo poo like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Same. It's important to note that the game is still in its first week or so of wide release, and the devs seem very responsive.

In the mean time, increase your numbers, steal from and murder pubbies and focus your attention on Goonesh.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Coq au Nandos posted:

Same. It's important to note that the game is still in its first week or so of wide release, and the devs seem very responsive.

In the mean time, increase your numbers, steal from and murder pubbies and focus your attention on Goonesh.

Applied to Goon Squad with the same SA username.

Ace of Space
Apr 29, 2008
Just applied to Art of Goonquest as AceofSpace. There were two spots open but wasn't sure if they were saved seats for people hopping around.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
You're in.

At some point this weekend I'd like to update the OP to make it a good resource for new players. Any screenshots/strategies/tips you guys can provide would be very welcome.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So for heroes do you only get the 2 starts plus whatever is in your renown tree? The dwarf and the healer lady seem terrible.

Also is there a map of where all the bosses are? Those set bonuses seem like they'd help a ton.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Coq au Nandos posted:

You're in.

At some point this weekend I'd like to update the OP to make it a good resource for new players. Any screenshots/strategies/tips you guys can provide would be very welcome.

Easiest tip right now is chests are bad, especially starting out, since you cant upgrade the units (which are the best rewards outside hero bonuses)

Kripp does a pretty good breakdown of all the heroes (other than the free ones) in this video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/150537514?t=3h though it seems like the free ones are absolutely the best ones in the game right now

Avalon is the best starting hero, but Avril is the best target for early skill points in my opinion. Her double cast ultimate combined with high levels in blizzard is ridiculous and just sweeps trash

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Does increasing Avalon's leadership skill boost his unit cap up too? The way it's worded makes it sound like it just increases your bronze cap by x

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

DrManiac posted:

Does increasing Avalon's leadership skill boost his unit cap up too? The way it's worded makes it sound like it just increases your bronze cap by x

Only the first level does that, but it's still a nice skill to get. Bigger army means less downtime.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

DrManiac posted:

So for heroes do you only get the 2 starts plus whatever is in your renown tree? The dwarf and the healer lady seem terrible.

The healer is very meh but I think the dwarf gets good for sieging at level 10, his ability gives 10% damage to siege troops each rank.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I think I may be done with this game for now.

I can't compete with people who are willing to drop $100 for every hero package.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

DontMindMe posted:

I think I may be done with this game for now.

I can't compete with people who are willing to drop $100 for every hero package.

Hey look. A poor.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Where are these hero packages listed? I don't see anything to buy other than the coins, and nothing to spend coins on other than the chests.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Orvin posted:

Where are these hero packages listed? I don't see anything to buy other than the coins, and nothing to spend coins on other than the chests.

Same place as the other time limited packages. Just shows up randomly.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Orvin posted:

They're in the bundles occasionally. Speaking of P2W, I opened a chest with some featherbows in it and they are ridiculously powerful for my level, hopefully I can upgrade them eventually :smith:

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Howlfax in orange territory only has 4 cities guarding it. It's kind of known on the Kingdom right now though and there's a group of purples ganging up on it. What would make us win it instead of them?

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em
applied as Gegil

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

It's not personal, it's strictly business.
Applied to Goonquest as Rysner

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Trip report
I'm at level 11 castle, and I'm finding I'm running out of resources.

Although I can ruin opponents armies who stray into our territory, I don't make much of a dent on cities. I'm feeling pretty disheartend.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Ludo Friend posted:

Trip report

Although I can ruin opponents armies who stray into our territory, I don't make much of a dent on cities. I'm feeling pretty disheartend.

Same here, 28k Army Overall Power and I gank everyone in PVP in our Kingdom, but crashing 50k Def Walls takes like 15 tries Even with 8 carapults lvl2 .
You have to focus on a city with several Players I guess

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Roshambo posted:

I started a new guild on the main server titled "Goon Squad". Anyone who didn't make it into the first guild is free to join.

I searched for it and can't find it. Is this on the same server as the other goon guild? I am still in the tutorial so maybe that's it? Other guilds do show up.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

rio posted:

I searched for it and can't find it. Is this on the same server as the other goon guild? I am still in the tutorial so maybe that's it? Other guilds do show up.

It's case sensitive iirc, so "goon squad" won't find "Goon Squad"

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I just found out how...switched realms and it started me over. I see a spot open in Art of Goonquest so I applied as rio[sa] - I'll grind tonight to not be a scrub since it reset my progress

Edit: also planning on whaling out a bit as I tend to do in these games fwiw

rio fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 24, 2017

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I killed a scrub city in Gonesh last night which brought them down to 22 cities and this morning they are at 25 :smith:

Research costs are killing me at the moment, 30k gold just to unlock the final prerequisite for silver cavalry

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Yeah I was thinking about this last night. How the hell are you supposed to take a city from an opposing faction? Like say we all hammer into Gonesh over the next couple days. When we beat people do they get kicked out of the city for good, or a set amount of time? What's to stop them from moving right back in 8 hours later with fresh 50k walls?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

cliffdiver posted:

Yeah I was thinking about this last night. How the hell are you supposed to take a city from an opposing faction? Like say we all hammer into Gonesh over the next couple days. When we beat people do they get kicked out of the city for good, or a set amount of time? What's to stop them from moving right back in 8 hours later with fresh 50k walls?

The guy I killed 10+ hours ago hasn't returned, so there is that. The Gonesh guild leader has 90k walls though so that won't be fun. I dropped a comment in kingdom chat about focusing Gonesh so maybe some pubs will help out

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

cliffdiver posted:

when the server first opens there are a lot of no mans land cities and it's a lot easier to get one. just gotta be there within the first several hours

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

What's the best use of premium currency?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

DrManiac posted:

What's the best use of premium currency?

The bundles occasionally roll around where you can pay in premium currency instead of money, so I would say that. I've used some on skill resets as well. The chests are a total ripoff

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Ludo Friend posted:

Trip report

It's the same problem we have unlocking the fifth general. You earn resources by attacking cities - but only if your guild has a city.

The combat is so fun and I really hope they fix these other issues.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Yeah I hope they add more non-guild content because you can't really do poo poo without a city. I'm also hitting a resource wall with my normal production rates. I can't imagine how slow the start of this game would have been if I didn't use all those codes in the op.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I'm confused as to how this extra hero is gotten. Start game, go into dunkwhatever, join athaly, do tutorial, then what?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

OxMan posted:

I'm confused as to how this extra hero is gotten. Start game, go into dunkwhatever, join athaly, do tutorial, then what?

You'll get a second hero by doing the tutorial, then you get the dwarf guy and Vega by ranking up. You rank up via the pull-in menu on the left of the screen

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

cpaf posted:

You'll get a second hero by doing the tutorial, then you get the dwarf guy and Vega by ranking up. You rank up via the pull-in menu on the left of the screen

Welp fat fingered the city and now I can't seem to wipe the character...

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

OxMan posted:

Welp fat fingered the city and now I can't seem to wipe the character...

I don't think you can actually miss your second hero? You have to pick them up to finish the tutorial. If you do need to wipe, as long as you haven't linked the account to google or whatever, you can start a new account on Nox and then link to your google account after that (to play on your phone). Make sure you pick Avalon though since he is the best

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Had to restart. Applied to Art of Goonquest as HughlanderSA

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

How much renown do you need to get the stuff for count and marquis? Thinking about dropping from goon squad to get the priest and vireon since he's supposed to be good (and getting to castle level 30 seems like it would take months.)

Also it seems like only a hand full of people per server ever get angels.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Count costs 3000.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

So I've been playing all of yesterday but it seems like I can't be in a cityless goon guild without losing my workshop. How is the city obtaining process being coordinated? I'm currently in a viet guild. IGN: OxmanSA on Dunkirk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
was checking out the newest server yesterday and in the first ~5 hours one player can capture the smaller neutral cities.

best chance for goons getting a city would be to ask one of the higher guilds for their old one when they upgrade. I guess trading cities is a thing

• Locked thread