Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Applied to Goon Squad as sreegs, game is fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I'm not going to pay $99 for a hero anyway but Elena seems a bit poo poo? The cavalry buff is excellent but all her other abilities seem atrocious.

Incidentally are we coordinating against Gonesh (and thus claim it as Goonesh) and how do we do that thing? Do we just attack the random bases in there until they're all on fire or something? I'm so confused by the open world sieges

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Piggy Smalls posted:

In other words the game is poo poo? :(

There are a lot of balance problems but game is still fun and good imo

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Coq au Nandos posted:

You're in.

At some point this weekend I'd like to update the OP to make it a good resource for new players. Any screenshots/strategies/tips you guys can provide would be very welcome.

Easiest tip right now is chests are bad, especially starting out, since you cant upgrade the units (which are the best rewards outside hero bonuses)

Kripp does a pretty good breakdown of all the heroes (other than the free ones) in this video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/150537514?t=3h though it seems like the free ones are absolutely the best ones in the game right now

Avalon is the best starting hero, but Avril is the best target for early skill points in my opinion. Her double cast ultimate combined with high levels in blizzard is ridiculous and just sweeps trash

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Orvin posted:

Where are these hero packages listed? I don't see anything to buy other than the coins, and nothing to spend coins on other than the chests.

They're in the bundles occasionally. Speaking of P2W, I opened a chest with some featherbows in it and they are ridiculously powerful for my level, hopefully I can upgrade them eventually :smith:

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I killed a scrub city in Gonesh last night which brought them down to 22 cities and this morning they are at 25 :smith:

Research costs are killing me at the moment, 30k gold just to unlock the final prerequisite for silver cavalry

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

cliffdiver posted:

Yeah I was thinking about this last night. How the hell are you supposed to take a city from an opposing faction? Like say we all hammer into Gonesh over the next couple days. When we beat people do they get kicked out of the city for good, or a set amount of time? What's to stop them from moving right back in 8 hours later with fresh 50k walls?

The guy I killed 10+ hours ago hasn't returned, so there is that. The Gonesh guild leader has 90k walls though so that won't be fun. I dropped a comment in kingdom chat about focusing Gonesh so maybe some pubs will help out

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

DrManiac posted:

What's the best use of premium currency?

The bundles occasionally roll around where you can pay in premium currency instead of money, so I would say that. I've used some on skill resets as well. The chests are a total ripoff

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

OxMan posted:

I'm confused as to how this extra hero is gotten. Start game, go into dunkwhatever, join athaly, do tutorial, then what?

You'll get a second hero by doing the tutorial, then you get the dwarf guy and Vega by ranking up. You rank up via the pull-in menu on the left of the screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

OxMan posted:

Welp fat fingered the city and now I can't seem to wipe the character...

I don't think you can actually miss your second hero? You have to pick them up to finish the tutorial. If you do need to wipe, as long as you haven't linked the account to google or whatever, you can start a new account on Nox and then link to your google account after that (to play on your phone). Make sure you pick Avalon though since he is the best

• Locked thread