Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

Ludo Friend posted:

When all the bases in the city hits 0 defence you can then claim the city. I'm finding with a 60k defense rating it's taking me forever to bring it down. I've managed to get 6 rank 2 catapults into my army, and I still only do 2.6k damage. I'm hoping rank 3 or the silver rank 3 start to do significantly more damage!

They don't. I'm in one of the two blue guilds with the larger size cities and its impossible to dislodge anyone. Right now once you claim a city it's yours if you're paying the least bit attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

Pulsarcat posted:

Better for playing? Have it so you don't have to have just one guild per city.
You can have a dominate house that gets a larger production bonus, but can still accept members from other guilds to fill out all the city slots.
This way it's easier to get into a city and you don't have cities completely filled by useless guilds made up of like two active members and thirty people who quit weeks ago.

It feels like this was the plan but then something fell off the wagon. Big cities have 45+ slots but houses can only go up to 40.

Making it easier to siege cities would be great, the borders haven't moved in days.

I Love Topanga posted:

I just hit 9, ran over there to help smash the city and was promptly destroyed by a dude and his gang of giant spiders...

This put about half my army in the hospital and the other half are dead (i think?) Any tips? Should I face these guys without an army? What units should I focus on to make sure I'm even strong enough to attack?

I think were going to need to coordinate something here. Is there a list of cities that we should focus on? Left to right, right to left? I'm having fun dicking around with PVE , but completely lost when it comes to contributing to us capturing a city.

Attacking cities is just grind. 30% of your units die if you attack in enemy territory, but all garrison units you kill stay dead. If you can't ensure the other guy loses harder than you, wait until someone softens the defenses.

batteries! fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 26, 2017

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

Incy posted:

Still going on Sunglade (Yellow, SE of capital), get there if you can.

E - or not, as you can just instantly move in someone from a different house as soon as the city falls, making it impossible to siege. Cool.

Yeah. The pubbie guild I'm in spent hours grinding the walls down for two russians to swoop in at the last second and steal it. You either take empty neutral cities at the start of the server or you're probably staying out.

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

Hughlander posted:

It's annoying how little about stategy exists online.

Should I switch races? When? Why? I got some eleven silver troops. Can I upgrade then? If not should I just disband them for silvers I can make?

Etc...

They're mostly gimmicks and cosmetics. Dwarves might have an edge because of their frontline units. The tech you research is race specific so do it early if you don't want to waste resources.

• Locked thread