Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
Thanks Coq. :allears:

The stamina system is a little bit meh and leads finally to a casual waiting game.
But it is a fun game, I like the art, sound and the action. Let's Goonquest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Attacking enemY pubbies on homeland is great. Even if they flee they lose 1 stamina :bigtran:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Coq au Nandos posted:

That's kind of annoying - rank upgrades are gated behind moving city, but to do that you need to join a guild. It kind of discourages new guild formation?

By moving the City I leave AoG ? That's stupid :(

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Holy poo poo, Catapults are a gamechanger in PVE as well. I did not beat Chromius with 17k overall attack, tried 4 or 5 times and timed out, but with 17k overall and 2 catapults, I beat him and his spawns and had 30 secs left.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Ludo Friend posted:

Please hold my guild spot open for now. Switching guilds to grab my rank rewards then coming back.

Same for me in Art of Goonquest!

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Just a hint: You cannot change the Race after you leave the city and rejoin Goonsquads.
You keep the Lich hero tho. I am building Castle lvl 12 over next night

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Ludo Friend posted:

Trip report
I'm at level 11 castle, and I'm finding I'm running out of resources.

Although I can ruin opponents armies who stray into our territory, I don't make much of a dent on cities. I'm feeling pretty disheartend.

Same here, 28k Army Overall Power and I gank everyone in PVP in our Kingdom, but crashing 50k Def Walls takes like 15 tries Even with 8 carapults lvl2 .
You have to focus on a city with several Players I guess

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
I am torn and will leave AoG for a +40/60 city as I play 3-4 times per day in sessions and will finish my lvl 14 castle in 13 hours. If this games shortcuts the absurd grind and allows easier base attacking and coordinating we might reconsider a Goonrush in the future.
1/3,of our Guild is already inactive 24-48+ hours. The nice interactive combat can't overcompensate the design flaws right now.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Joining a city is Game changing because I can attack cities and steal /pillage resources now. This netted me like 10k gold and science alone today and like 200 Mithril, Crystals and Blloddiamonds

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Not right now, the House is full :(

Add me and Bloodylark.

My last raids were fun and went like this, I found a stockpile:

I usually search for cities with 0-20 troops (without the green + because then they are stacked from Housemates) and 10-50k walls that are hoarding resources and were not raided just before me.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Should I start playing this game, what server and faction thing ?

If you start now on our server, you are about 3 weeks late and cannot catch up unless you spend like 50-100 Dollar/Euro on top of the Patron Bundle. Daily players like me already have lvl 17-19 castles and big armies including lvl 6 silver troops. I joined another house for 40% offline production and have 50 finished science and military projects

I usually raid 2 times per day within the cooldowns and attack opponents castles in waves to pillage the ressosurces.
But this game is a stupid grind and if I did not have a relatively safe condition (the bigger your castle and power gets, the higher is the hurdle to attack you. To attack a lvl 17 dude you already need an army of like 10k power while the battlefield is limited by slots and space) I would have already quit.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
I am City Lord/Governor of Cleopolis now, are any Goons still playing?

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

porktree posted:

Warriors? I am in that. Are you Dark Valen?

I am Mr.PayDay :eng101:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
After the last patch many moved (migrated) to another kingdom. Go darkblue (Skarn) or green (Hyral) guess.
I just switched to Skarn to join house conquer in Unferth

• Locked thread