Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It just gave me 13 trading cards for completing my discovery queue for some reason :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Can anyone see what Watch_Doges 2 is going for?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Dirt Rally does only one thing and does it INCREDIBLY well. CARs does lots of things very well but it's a little rough to get into for my tastes. It felt like it's aimed at those who have been doing it for years and doesn't teach newcomers very well.

I'm not into multiplayer but racing against myself and improving over time. I like campaign modes too, Gran Turismo for PS1 was another favourite. It's always better if the game settings adjust upwards as you get better. That's why I have my eye on those games specifically but Project Cars might not be for me. That's why I've already ruled out Assetto Corsa.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

PantsBandit posted:

Can anyone see what Watch_Doges 2 is going for?

50% off - $30

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Xaris posted:

50% off - $30
and it looks like the DLC is all 50% off too

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
So my phone is making GBS threads the bed in regards to the steam app. Can anyone tell me what the sales are if any on the following (USA)?
Clockwork Empires
Environmental Station Alpha
Boundless
Critical Annihilation
Oxygen Not included
Snake Pass
Neir Automata
Genital Jousting
Night in the Woods
Little Nightmares
Gang Beasts
Interstellar Rift
Astroneer
Dungeonmans
Pit People
Shadow Tactics
Flinthook
Quadrilateral Cowboy

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

strategery posted:

So my phone is making GBS threads the bed in regards to the steam app. Can anyone tell me what the sales are if any on the following (USA)?
Clockwork Empires - 50% - $15. it's bad. devs also closed up shop and basically an incomplete game.
Environmental Station Alpha - No sale
Boundless - No sale
Critical Annihilation 40% - $6
Oxygen Not included -20% - $20
Snake Pass - 50% - $10
Neir Automata - 30% - $42
Genital Jousting - 50% - $2.5
Night in the Woods - No sale
Little Nightmares -25% - $15
Gang Beasts - 33% - $13.4
Interstellar Rift
Astroneer - No sale
Dungeonmans - No sale
Pit People - No Sale
Shadow Tactics
Flinthook -20% - $12
Quadrilateral Cowboy
ok getting too lazy to finish, sorry bud

Xaris fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 22, 2017

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
This time of year reminds me of how Amazon Tony whipped the piss out of Gabe one year then disappeared into the ether never to be heard from again.

Also of the time that FTL won out on a flash vote over Kentucky Route Zero because it was a 90% discount even though everyone in the world already owned FTL.

What are some of your favorite Steam Sale memories?

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Xaris posted:

Clockwork Empires - 50% - $15. it's bad. devs also closed up shop and basically an incomplete game.

Jesus. That sucks. I was wondering what happened to Dreadmore on phones. At the very least they should provide workshop support.

strategery fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 22, 2017

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

No Mods No Masters posted:

It just gave me 13 trading cards for completing my discovery queue for some reason :unsmith:

Just happened to me too, everyone should get through their queue before they fix it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That pisses me off about Clockwork Empires, a Lovecraftian town builder hell ya! I think I only paid 20bux for it but still sucks it will never be finished.

Mafia 3 let's me shoot klansmen and other racists, so that's worth 15$ at least to me.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

everybody should get SUPERHOT

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
You can check prices here: https://steamdb.info/sales/

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Completed my Discovery Queue and got 13 cards as well.

Dunno if that's supposed to be normal.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i wanted to get binding of isaac rebirth, it was 60% off before the sale so I figured i'd wait until summer sale and it'd be the same and id grab it with the other couple things i wanted but it's only 50%. lol
kind of a crummy sale for me, i had three things waiting in my cart, Binding of Isaac (50%), Battle Brothers(25%) and 20XX(20%). 20XX is a 3 year old early access game!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Ah, so I'm not a special snowflake. Suspected as much, good to have confirmation.

Had to reload the queue several times due to server and critical errors, maybe that botched it.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Too Shy Guy posted:

Just happened to me too, everyone should get through their queue before they fix it.

drat, I'm trying but goddamned Steam can't switch pages without crapping its pants.

It's mind-boggling how much of a clusterfuck the Steam Store is for the first 2 hours into every sale. Like, I'm not even mad, but I knew this was exactly how it would go down because this is exactly how it goes down every single time. You'd think there would be some sort of contingency in place for the burst in traffic but nope.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 22, 2017

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

drat, I'm trying but goddamned Steam can't switch pages without crapping its pants.

It's mind-boggling how much of a clusterfuck the Steam Store is for the first 2 hours into every sale. Like, I'm not even mad, but I knew this was exactly how it would go down because this is exactly how it goes down every single time.

There isn't enough bandwidth in the universe to cope with all of Earth's nerds bearing down on one service at once.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Awww, no discount for Night in the Woods? :smith:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
:laffo: it's doing that thing where it can't keep track of what's on sale, and now I'm getting a 503 screen for heavy load.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Edmond Dantes posted:

Nah, I thought there might be because the complete soundtracked version is 10% off and figured the base one just didn't update but no, no sale.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Oh hey Transistor is 85% off for $3. Pretty good price. I had a lot of problems and didn't like it nearly as much as Bastion but it's a good price for a pretty good game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Edmond Dantes posted:

I don't think NITW has ever gone below $15 in five months. I'd say it's still very much worth 20bux though.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

It's their prerogative, but I still think there should be a special place in hell for companies that offer 50% discounts on a base game and the base game + DLC, but not the DLC on its own.

I'm looking at you, From Software

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm looking for interesting things to play on my Linux laptop which has an okay processor and terrible graphics card. I've had some fairly mixed results with games on it, usually 2D stuff is fine though some things like Terraria have completely broken down. A few 3D games have worked okay, but something like Crusader Kings 2 ran at .5 fps. Also, gently caress buying something with a discount under 50%; doing that is for suckers.

So, any interesting suggestions?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

exquisite tea posted:

I don't think NITW has ever gone below $15 in five months. I'd say it's still very much worth 20bux though.

Yeah, but I'm probably gonna go for RotTR + Dishonoured 2 as soon as the page lets me, which leaves me with ~15 bucks on my budget. I was kinda counting on it to drop to 12~15 honestly. I'm probably spoiled on sales :v:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Grey Fox posted:

It's their prerogative, but I still think there should be a special place in hell for companies that offer 50% discounts on a base game and the base game + DLC, but not the DLC on its own.

Yeah that's annoying as poo poo, but I feel like I somehow avoided this problem when obtaining the DLC for Dark Souls 3. I had already owned the base game, and ended up getting the DLC Pack (that included both add-ons) for like...50%/$12.50, I think?

Now if they're not discounting the individual DLC, yeah, that's irritating as hell.

EDIT: I managed to get through a discovery queue and ended up receiving 13 stickers/cards like other people have been reporting.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Yeah, no, both the season pass and individual DLCs are not on sale for Dark Souls 3

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I never really use the Steam app for anything other than confirming market transactions, but I'm gonna be traveling without a computer for the duration of the sale. Does the app have any limitations that I should be aware of?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

I'm looking for interesting things to play on my Linux laptop which has an okay processor and terrible graphics card. I've had some fairly mixed results with games on it, usually 2D stuff is fine though some things like Terraria have completely broken down. A few 3D games have worked okay, but something like Crusader Kings 2 ran at .5 fps. Also, gently caress buying something with a discount under 50%; doing that is for suckers.

So, any interesting suggestions?

Stardew Valley is fantastic. FTL if you don't own it. Papers, Please is a good option.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Grey Fox posted:

To be fair, From Software is just the perfect amount of incompetent and out of touch japanese devs that have no idea what they're doing on the PC market to honestly just completely forget they probably even have individual DLC out there and not out of malice.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Stardew Valley is fantastic. FTL if you don't own it. Papers, Please is a good option.
e: nm linux lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Dishonored 2 was the one game I was gunning for so 50% off is A-OK in my book. No doubt I'll waste my hard earned money on other things people are recommending as well....

Gonna grab Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter at $18 to gift my mother because she's a big mystery buff and I loves me mam. Any other mystery games people might recommend? It would have to either be very easy to play or very watchable so I can stream it for her.

Edit: holy smokes a considerable discount on Prey so soon after it came out. Get behind me Satan.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 22, 2017

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Grey Fox posted:

Yeah, no, both the season pass and individual DLCs are not on sale for Dark Souls 3

Oh poo poo, you're right--I got the DS3 Season Pass for $12.50 from the Humble Store when they had their big summer sale recently!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Xaris posted:

To be fair, From Software is just the perfect amount of incompetent and out of touch japanese devs that have no idea what they're doing on the PC market to honestly just completely forget they probably even have individual DLC out there and not out of malice.
Yeah, they're probably expecting a fan patch for Steam to "fix" the oversight

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So when should I expect to be able to access Steam? poo poo is impossible to browse right now.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

s.i.r.e. posted:

So when should I expect to be able to access Steam? poo poo is impossible to browse right now.

I managed to squeak my purchase in by refreshing a lot :v:. Download speeds seem to be fine, at least.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Mine gave me 9 for some reason, at least i will get my badge easy

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

It'll probably be another hour or two, honestly. It seems like I can never really get anything done for the first 2-4 hours of a large sale, which is annoying because, you know, a store you can't actually buy things from seems like a pretty fundamental failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

s.i.r.e. posted:

Web browser is working fine for me and I could checkout right now which is loading and showing fine, but Im just waiting anyways.

With death of dealies and lightning, no real reason to go gung ho and purchase nownownonow unless you're literally planning on installing and playing right this very second. Just wait a few more hours and do some research and sit on it in the mean time to think if its something you really want.

• Locked thread