Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Is Dishonored 2 good now? I can't remember if it was that or Deus Ex 2 that ran like absolute garbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Shadows of Mordor for 4 bucks a no brainer?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It had performance problems when it released on PC in November but all those issues have been fixed since then.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

Is Dishonored 2 good now? I can't remember if it was that or Deus Ex 2 that ran like absolute garbo

Dishonored 2 isn't well optimized but it's a really good game

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Flaggy posted:

For four dollars absolutely.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Flaggy posted:

No brainer especially if you like stuff like the Batman Arkham series, the most recent Mad Max game, etc.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The fun is either over or doesn't work on mobile. Just finished my queue on my phone and got a single card.

SnarkIncarnate
Sep 13, 2013

OMG. I'm like, literally... dead.

It's time for me to surface just long enough to go: "Ugh. Add me on steam or twitter. I might buy you something. I might not".
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Natsia/
Twitter: @SnarkIncarnate

BIG EDITS: I can only send to ZAR goons. Regional Price Differences ....

SnarkIncarnate fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 22, 2017

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The fun is either over or doesn't work on mobile. Just finished my queue on my phone and got a single card.

The extra cards were for voting in the Steam Awards thing during the last sale.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Kind of a long list, but say I want to spend $30 max with no more than $15 per game.
#Refined list

Sublevel Zero ------------ 7.50
Enter the Gungeon --------- 7.50
Salt and Sanctuary -------- 11.00
Hyperlight Drifter -------- 10.00
Dead Cells ---------------- 14.50 (not really that on sale though)
Snake Pass ---------------- 10.00
Song of the Deep ----------- 3.75
Hollow Knight --------------10.00

strategery fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 22, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Dungeon Warfare is 75% for $2.50! It's the (2nd or 3rd) best TD on steam and amazing. http://store.steampowered.com/app/355980/Dungeon_Warfare/

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Gamerofthegame posted:

FWIW I have a GTX 1080, i5-6600k @ 4.4 ghz, and the game was installed on a Samsung 850 M.2 SSD. At 2560 x 1440 with AA disabled, Vsync forced to adaptive via Nvidia control panel, and most other settings at "very high", I was getting really inconsistent FPS in many of the levels. The most recent patch (I believe released at the beginning of June) was supposed to continue addressing performance issues, but I haven't had an opportunity to confirm or deny that.

Just know that while the performance has been significantly improved since the game was originally released, it didn't run particularly well last time I checked, and a lot of users were experiencing similar issues as mine.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

strategery posted:

Kind of a long list, but say I want to spend $30 max with no more than $15 per game.

Hyperlight Drifter - 10.00
Dead Cells - 14.50 (not really that on sale though)
Hollow Knight - 10.00
Go with those three. Ok ok, Dead Cells can wait because it's still technically EA but it is an amazing game. Pick another one of your choosing. Salt and Sanctuary is supposedly pretty solid. Im going to be picking that up myself

Honestly a lot of games on your list seem pretty mediocre to "maybe fun but flawed". Those two in particular are outstandingly good. Idk if I were you I'd trim down your wishlist there because you probably really won't even like or play a lot of them and many are 70% or less rating on steam (which isn't a particularly great metric but still a decent metric).

Xaris fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 22, 2017

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Flaggy posted:

I'm thinking about this one too but it's worth mentioning BundleStars is selling it with all DLC for $5. Probably worth the extra buck? Dunno.

edit: Looks like it might all be just pointless fluff actually.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Glare Seethe posted:

I'm thinking about this one too but it's worth mentioning BundleStars is selling it with all DLC for $5. Probably worth the extra buck? Dunno.

Steam version is GOTY for $4 so includes all the dlc.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Xaris posted:

Web browser is working fine for me and I could checkout right now which is loading and showing fine, but Im just waiting anyways.

I'm having no luck through Steam, the phone app or the web browser.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Glare Seethe posted:

The DLC is pretty worthless overall. Utterly skippable since none of it integrates into the main campaign, or is just cheat items/skins

Game is good though and the previews for the sequel look amazing.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

havenwaters posted:

Steam version is GOTY for $4 so includes all the dlc.

Zore posted:

The DLC is pretty worthless overall. Utterly skippable since none of it integrates into the main campaign, or is just cheat items/skins

Good to know, thanks!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Bloodplay it again posted:

The extra cards were for voting in the Steam Awards thing during the last sale.

I did that... :smith:

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
How did Total War: Warhammer turn out? It's got a pretty big discount, but I also hear it's getting a sequel already?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

strategery posted:

Sublevel Zero - 7.50
The Forest - 10.04
Enter the Gungeon - 7.50
Dungeon Souls - 6.50
Condemned - 4.50
Hero Defense - 4.50
Elite Dangerous - 15.00
Salt and Sanctuary - 11.00
Hyperlight Drifter - 10.00
Critical Annihilation - 6.00
Dead Cells - 14.50 (not really that on sale though)
Snake Pass - 10.00
Song of the Deep - 3.75
Genital Jousting - 2.50
Last Leviathan - 8.50
Little Nightmares - 15.00
From the Depths - 6.00
Reassembly - 7.50
Project Snowblind - 1.20
N++ - 7.50
Hollow Knight - 10.00

Hollow Knight and Hyperlight should be locks. My favorite of what's left is Gungeon, or Condemned if you feel more like murdering hobos than dying to grim reapers made of AK47s.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Shadows of Mordor is fun as hell buy it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I got the GOTY edition for SoM but I've never touched the two mini campaigns that come bundled with it. The rest are just some skins and overpowered runes for your weapon.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

I got the GOTY edition for SoM but I've never touched the two mini campaigns that come bundled with it. The rest are just some skins and overpowered runes for your weapon.

I had the exact same experience. Try and stop yourself from using the DLC runes, because they trivialize the combat at the start of the game.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

The Bright Lord DLC is actually pretty great since it gives you a different character with a different playstyle. It also supplies a proper final boss fight. The other mini-campaign is bland and skippable.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Damnit I'm trying to set a limit of 50bux for the sale but I see things like Prey for sale.

Is it worth 40bux for that game? I know it's super new too.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Bremen posted:

How did Total War: Warhammer turn out? It's got a pretty big discount, but I also hear it's getting a sequel already?

It's fun, and from what I hear the sequel will be as much of an expansion building off the first game as a standalone product. Supposedly a post release patch will be linking the campaigns and armies from the first game in some way.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Bremen posted:

It's good, but think of the sequels as stand alone expansions.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

nekopara vol. 3 not on sale wtf gabe

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bremen posted:

Very good. Its split into 3 big games that will get the ability to combine for a mega-campaign so you can play as all the factions.

So TW:W 1 had Empire, Vampires, Dwarves and Orcs as its main factions. They added Bretonnia as FLC and Beastmen/Chaos/Wood Elves/1 more unnanounced race as DLC. It has the old world (Warhammer Euripe basically) as its map.

TW:W 2 has High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and (probably) Skaven as main factions as well as hints at Tomb Kings as the first DLC race. It has Lustria (Warhammer North America) as its map.

Overall its super well done and there's an absurd amount of effort put into it. Pretty expensive overall though. Also note DLC races/units will show up in the campaign even if you don't buy them, you just can't play as them.

Zore fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 22, 2017

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Warhammer is worth the price I think. The factions are so unique, both in combat and the overworld, that you can really get a lot of mileage out of replaying it. At this point I've done campaigns as Orcs, Vampires, and humans and they all were a lot of fun. Even the individual sub-factions within a race are quite unique.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
What's Mad Max like? It's €5 on bundlestars

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

TopHatGenius posted:

Damnit I'm trying to set a limit of 50bux for the sale but I see things like Prey for sale.

It's probably my favorite (non-indie) PC game this year so far. I'm sure it'll see deeper sale in the Winter

(There have been better games out on consoles though)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TopHatGenius posted:

I'd wait, the game's too focused on combat and the combat is absolutely terrible which is a shame because everything else is great. I bought it for $60 and still haven't finished it because I grew incredibly bored due to the bad enemy design and gunplay. I don't think I'll ever pick it back up.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Mandatory Assembly posted:

I had the exact same experience. Try and stop yourself from using the DLC runes, because they trivialize the combat at the start of the game.
I think one of the DLC and only good one was the extra long bullet time with elf shot.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

tag youre fat posted:

Its like Batman: Mad Max. It's actually good but hamstringed by some tedious (optional) open-world stuff that is easy to bore you to death, but just rail through the main story only and go have fun. It also looks gorgeous as gently caress and runs on voodoo magic that makes everything on ultra max silky smooth.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Flaggy posted:

Yep, but check to see what the GOTY edition is. Should be around 9.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Meant to post this here and accidentally posted it in the general thread. Whoops!

How's Wildlands for coop? Is it entertaining enough to be worth $40 if I'm just looking for something to play while I shoot the poo poo with one or two buds?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Xaris posted:

It's probably my favorite (non-indie) PC game this year so far. I'm sure it'll see deeper sale in the Winter

(There have been better games out on consoles though)

That's a great point, I really want it but with my backlog it may be prudent to sit on Prey until fall or winter. Hmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

tag youre fat posted:

Awesome and kicks tons of rear end, get it.

• Locked thread