Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Xaris posted:

Its like Batman: Mad Max. It's actually good but hamstringed by some tedious (optional) open-world stuff that is easy to bore you to death, but just rail through the main story only and go have fun. It also looks gorgeous as gently caress and runs on voodoo magic that makes everything on ultra max silky smooth.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Awesome and kicks tons of rear end, get it.

Got it, thanks for the recommendations lads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Depth is $5 so if you like counterstrike but playing as sharks get it and add me as a friend

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

PrincessPANTS posted:

It's time for me to surface just long enough to go: "Ugh. Add me on steam or twitter. I might buy you something. I might not".
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Natsia/
Twitter: @SnarkIncarnate

BIG EDITS: I can only send to ZAR goons. Regional Price Differences ....
My first instinct is still to go "join the Gift Train!"

Except we don't have one. gently caress you Gaben. What was the point of this lovely gifting change?

In other depressing (yet predictable) news, Trails in the Sky 3 is only down 10%.

Come the gently caress on. Second Chapter PC port flopped hard. Do some discounts, get the word out.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

anilEhilated posted:

The Bright Lord DLC is actually pretty great since it gives you a different character with a different playstyle. It also supplies a proper final boss fight. The other mini-campaign is bland and skippable.

See, whereas I felt the opposite. Bright Lord was lame and samey while the other one has a fun beastmaster focus and builds to a fun final fight.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Xander77 posted:

My first instinct is still to go "join the Gift Train!"

Except we don't have one. gently caress you Gaben. What was the point of this lovely gifting change?

In other depressing (yet predictable) news, Trails in the Sky 3 is only down 10%.

Come the gently caress on. Second Chapter PC port flopped hard. Do some discounts, get the word out.

We have a gift train. It's just more complicated.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824602

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

PantsBandit posted:

Meant to post this here and accidentally posted it in the general thread. Whoops!

How's Wildlands for coop? Is it entertaining enough to be worth $40 if I'm just looking for something to play while I shoot the poo poo with one or two buds?

It's bland. Nothing like the original Ghost Recons. I would wait further for it to drop to $19-29. If you haven't played Borderlands 2 or the PreSequel that would be way more fun with your buds.

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
So is the Warhammer DLC only worth getting if you want to play as the new races?

I'm probably going to buy Warhammer for $20 but I don't know what to do about the $45 DLC.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I Am A Robot posted:

So is the Warhammer DLC only worth getting if you want to play as the new races?

I'm probably going to buy Warhammer for $20 but I don't know what to do about the $45 DLC.

Play some campaigns with the base races and see if you like the game enough to warrant getting the others. Don't forget that Bretonnia is free.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed sales make no sense anymore

Unity is $20 the same price as Syndicate. no one even likes Unity and its the previous game what in the heck.

rogue is $10 even though it came out the same time as unity simply because it was made in black flag's engine i guess? but then freedom cry is $7.49 which is a standalone expansion of black flag. freedom cry is like 4-5 hours but it's only 2.50 cheaper than Rogue, a full game

worst thing is, these were the same prices on UPlay's summer sale too

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 22, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

I Am A Robot posted:

Basically.

Only get the Wood Elf/Beastmen/Chaos DLC if you really want to play as that faction. Wood Elves and Beastmen are cool and fun, Chaos was the free pack-in DLC for preorders and is kinda bad and boring in comparison.

The Grim and the Grave/ The King and the Warlord add stuff to the Empire/VC and Dwarves/Orcs respectively. New units, new lords and a 'Regiments of renown' system for unique 1/off units with special bonuses.

Also remember to download all the Free DLC for free Legendary Lords and a few free units (like Shadow and Life Casters for the Empire).

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Utnayan posted:

It's bland. Nothing like the original Ghost Recons. I would wait further for it to drop to $19-29. If you haven't played Borderlands 2 or the PreSequel that would be way more fun with your buds.

My problem with Borderlands is it's so completely mindless and all the difficulty is artificial. There's no strategy other than "charge in and shoot, wait for shields to regen" and zero gameplay variety.

Apparently at the new game + level you have to start using elemental stuff more but even that seems like a lame way to increase difficulty.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Xander77 posted:

Didn't it sell fairly well over time as more people beat FC?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Please do not give money to Gearbox

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Xaris posted:

Please do not give money to Gearbox

What is wrong with Gearbox?

I have never bought any of their poo poo or paid any attention to them.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Would anyone be interested in a write up about some solid Local Multiplayer games? I'm selfish in that I only want to write it if it will be read and help people

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Gonna ask here as well:
Does anyone have any experience with P.A.M.E.L.A. or The Surge?

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
It's bound to come up eventually so if anyone cares at all about gifting, go to:

https://www.steamprices.com/us/search/?preset=fairpriced

And use it together with the Regions tab to price check games across gifter/giftee countries. On paper you should be able to gift anything with a price difference of less than 10% (so everything that shows up as fair priced.)

Guys at the gift train might want to do that.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed sales make no sense anymore

Unity is $20 the same price as Syndicate. no one even likes Unity and its the previous game what in the heck.

rogue is $10 even though it came out the same time as unity simply because it was made in black flag's engine i guess? but then freedom cry is $7.49 which is a standalone expansion of black flag. freedom cry is like 4-5 hours but it's only 2.50 cheaper than Rogue, a full game

worst thing is, these were the same prices on UPlay's summer sale too

It seems to be like this across the board. It's like someone just entered a bunch of random numbers. Buy the Shadows of Mordor GOTY edition for $3.99. But wait, if you want to upgrade your vanilla copy to the GOTY edition, it's 9.99. Call of Duty Blops 3 is $29.99. All it's DLC is only 20% off at $39.99. Meanwhile, Ghosts, an inferior game and released 4 years ago, is $39.99 for the vanilla copy.

These prices are not making any sense what so ever.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Nuramor posted:

Gonna ask here as well:
Does anyone have any experience with P.A.M.E.L.A. or The Surge?
I'm curious about PAMELA as well, but The Surge was one of those games that sounds cool on paper, has a few interesting early moments, but gets kind of bland quickly.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shadow225 posted:

Would anyone be interested in a write up about some solid Local Multiplayer games? I'm selfish in that I only want to write it if it will be read and help people

I want some more couch co-op ish games so yes

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My couch multi game write-up:

Buy Duck Game

Play Duck Game

Quack

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

PantsBandit posted:

My couch co-op game write-up:

Buy Duck Game

Play Duck Game

Quack

Listen to this space duck. He can teach you things like quacking in a higher pitch

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I want some more couch co-op ish games so yes

Crawl is a blast in my opinion.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Jesus christ, I've never been so PUMPED for this year! I want to go BIG and grab the Resident Evil 7 deluxe edition but Steam and PayPal's traffic is going bananas and I pray to god the price goes EVEN LOWER!

So I've got RE7 and the DeadRising triple bundle in my cart, does anyone have good recommendations for action, shooter, or story games? I don't want to go overbudget though.

It sucks Friday the 13th and the new Dishonored are at full price.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

PantsBandit posted:

My problem with Borderlands is it's so completely mindless and all the difficulty is artificial. There's no strategy other than "charge in and shoot, wait for shields to regen" and zero gameplay variety.

Apparently at the new game + level you have to start using elemental stuff more but even that seems like a lame way to increase difficulty.

Yeah I can agree. It's the same/worse in Ghost Recon though. I really wish we had more games coming out like the original Ghost Recon's or Rainbow Six. The 2-4 player coop where strategy was a must was a lot of fun.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Junior Jr. posted:

Jesus christ, I've never been so PUMPED for this year! I want to go BIG and grab the Resident Evil 7 deluxe edition but Steam and PayPal's traffic is going bananas and I pray to god the price goes EVEN LOWER!

So I've got RE7 and the DeadRising triple bundle in my cart, does anyone have good recommendations for action, shooter, or story games? I don't want to go overbudget though.

It sucks Friday the 13th and the new Dishonored are at full price.
?? No it's not. Dishonored 2 is 50% off for $20 buck a roos and a steal

Also uh, new Hitman, Prey, Metro 2033/Last Light, Stalker, Doom 4, Wolfenstein The New Order, Resident Evil 4, Call of Juarez Gunslinger + Far Cry Blood Dragon, etc etc?

Also prices won't go any lower than they are now.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 22, 2017

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
How long do the individual offers last?

I really want Democracy 3 at 75% off but can I gently caress like get any response from the store.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

AceClown posted:

How long do the individual offers last?

I really want Democracy 3 at 75% off but can I gently caress like get any response from the store.

Sale prices don't change for the duration of the sale anymore.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Grey Fox posted:

I'm curious about PAMELA as well

It looks neat but I've heard nothing about it. Anyone try it?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Xaris posted:

?? No it's not. Dishonored 2 is 50% off for $20 buck a roos and a steal

I meant Death of the Outsider, I'm pretty excited for that. That reminds me, I should check if Prey goes lower.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Junior Jr. posted:

I meant Death of the Outsider, I'm pretty excited for that. That reminds me, I should check if Prey goes lower.

... That's 3 months from release still

:psyduck:

Why would they discount a game that doesn't even come out until September??

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
#Refined my list. I want to spend $30 max with no more than $15 per game.

Sublevel Zero ------------ 7.50
Enter the Gungeon --------- 7.50
Salt and Sanctuary -------- 11.00
Hyperlight Drifter -------- 10.00
Dead Cells ---------------- 14.50 (not really that on sale though)
Snake Pass ---------------- 10.00
Song of the Deep ----------- 3.75
Hollow Knight --------------10.00

Seems like the consensus is Hollow Knight (which had a demo in a humble monthly but once i realized I got a demo for the monthly, i ignored it.) and Hyperlight Drifter. The 3rd game is up in the air. To me, it seems like an even split between Salt and Sanctuary and Gungeon. Might just bite the bullet and get dead cells for 5 more than i plnaned.

Also Lode Runner Legacy has an official Steam Page! Yay! Summer release :D

strategery fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jun 22, 2017

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

Bremen posted:

How did Total War: Warhammer turn out? It's got a pretty big discount, but I also hear it's getting a sequel already?

Very good, best Total War game by far.

Ignore the Steam reviews. CA added a bunch of additional factions (distinct playstyle/units/tech tree) months after release to the campaign map as AIs. The paid DLC unlocks these factions for the human player- in other words, extremely optional.

In the same timeframe, CA also added, for free, a major faction and a bunch of new units for existing factions.

So, naturally, this almost uniquely fair/generous DLC model infuriated a bunch of people into flooding the page with negative reviews over CA nickel-and-diming their customers.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Avasculous posted:

Very good, best Total War game by far.

Ignore the Steam reviews. CA added a bunch of additional factions (distinct playstyle/units/tech tree) months after release to the campaign map as AIs. The paid DLC unlocks these factions for the human player- in other words, extremely optional.

In the same timeframe, CA also added, for free, a major faction and a bunch of new units for existing factions.

So, naturally, this almost uniquely fair/generous DLC model infuriated a bunch of people into flooding the page with negative reviews over CA nickel-and-diming their customers.

Agreed, buy the game and get orky. It's a ton of fun and very stylish.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The Steam store is dying under the load of sweet sweet capitalism.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

strategery posted:

Sublevel Zero ------------ 7.50
Enter the Gungeon --------- 7.50
Salt and Sanctuary -------- 11.00
Hyperlight Drifter -------- 10.00
Dead Cells ---------------- 14.50 (not really that on sale though)
Snake Pass ---------------- 10.00
Song of the Deep ----------- 3.75
Hollow Knight --------------10.00

Seems like the consensus is Hollow Knight (which had a demo in a humble monthly but once i realized I got a demo for the monthly, i ignored it.) and Hyperlight Drifter. The 3rd game is up in the air. To me, it seems like an even split between Salt and Sanctuary and Gungeon.

Hyperlight Drifter, plus either Hollow Knight/Dead Cells. I feel like getting both of those latter games would be too much roguevania poo poo to handle (same might go for Salt and Sanctuary).

If you want to go even cheaper there's a small indie game called Monolith that came out, it's good and is 8 bux, it's basically Binding of Isaac but with pixel spaceship poo poo.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

strategery posted:

Seems like the consensus is Hollow Knight (which had a demo in a humble monthly but once i realized I got a demo for the monthly, i ignored it.) and Hyperlight Drifter. The 3rd game is up in the air. To me, it seems like an even split between Salt and Sanctuary and Gungeon.
Yes Hollow Knight + Hyperlight is must buy.

Personally, I did not like Gungeon very much but it's a very dividing game, some people love it to death, some people really don't like it. You will hear both opinions very loudly so ymmv and I think you just need to decide for yourself one way or another. I think it makes way too many unforgiving sloggy mistakes (awful starting gun that it encourages you to use as long as possible due to low ammo drops and needing to conserve ammo; replaying the first level with that piece of poo poo starting gun is largely unfun as gently caress; enemies tend to just get more bullet-spongy; and often your runs is determined if you get a good weapon early or not which is all RNG).

I had a lot of fun with it once I loaded up CheatEngine and boosted drop rates considerably and few other tweaks though so there is definitely a very good game there. IDK if things have been patched to be better or not so this was awhile ago. So uhh, just be prepared to load up CE incase you don't like it and doesn't click with you, because you can actually have fun with it if you do, but if it clicks with you then no need and great!

But I just bought Salt and Sanc so I can't comment if that's a better game or not.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 22, 2017

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Gonna buy Total War: Warhammer as I have 107 hours on a friend's copy, Prey and the three Stalker games.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Salt and Sanctuary is a very good Dark Souls ripoff. That's not a negative in this case but it describes the game 200%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Reality Winner posted:

The Steam store is dying under the load of sweet sweet capitalism.

How does this still happen every single time

• Locked thread