Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

John Romero posted:

whats the site that tells you if a game been on sale

You might be thinking of https://www.isthereanydeal.com Tracks past/current sales and has a price history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Looking for some Dark Souls type recommendations to add to my backlog. Played through Salt & Sanctuary several times, really enjoyed it as well. Looking for games with a similar feel, especially if you can go back and try a different build or play style after an initial run. Have Lords of the Fallen to play through at some point but from the first hour or two I played it wasn't great.

I've picked up Hollow Knight and am a couple hours in, enjoying it but the combat isn't quite what I like and I'm not seeing much replayability.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

al-azad posted:

It's not on sale but from what I've seen Exanima is exactly that from an isometric perspective. It also hasn't updated in 5 months and I don't expect it'll ever be finished but eh, $15.

Added to wishlist and I'll keep an eye on it, thanks

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Edmond Dantes posted:

I've read a lot of bad stuff about Seraph since the sale started. I had it on my wishlist for some reason and have since axed it.

For all the praise it's getting, Dead Cells is still in Early Access, so you could probably hold on until next sale.

I've seen a lot of conflicting opinions about Salt and Sanctuary and Dust, so maybe wait for someone to chime in on those?

I'll throw in another point of view on dust and salt.

Dust only kept me interested for a couple hours then it was just too easy and lots of platforming. From what I remember controls were good and the game did look nice. Can't see much for replay ability but again I didn't get far enough to really tell.

Salt and Sanctuary is much darker and as people usually mention it's 2D Dark Souls. Combat is varied (depending on weapons/build) but very good IMO however it is not a great looking game. I have ~50 hours into it but I'm a huge Dark Souls fan. Lots of replay ability, tons of hidden stuff and I loved the environment with minimal (only one section really) platforming.

• Locked thread