Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Man, I have too much poo poo to buy this time. I'm gonna have to budget and prioritise. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Yeah, problem is I have 60 bucks on my steam account so I'll probably stick to that for budgeting, and the ones I really want to play (which would fit into the 'next 6 months' category) are the expensive ones, so I'm not sure I'll have enough for all. :v:

I'm looking at:
NieR Automata
Dishonoured 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Dark Souls 3 (+DLC)
Little Nightmares
Sexy Brutale
Night in the Woods
Nex Machina
Cryptark
Snake Pass
The Surge

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Hopper posted:

Here's an easy tip for you and anyone else who wants to manage their spending.

Do not buy single player games that have DLC but are not available as complete/goty edition yet.

This is solid advice, especially considering Bethesda policy when it comes to DLC pricing (I finally got Dishonored 1's DLC when it hit a pricing error, since it was always more expensive than the GOTY), but I really wanted to play D2. :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Xaris posted:

To be fair, I don't think Dishonored 2 is getting DLC so there won't be a GOTY.

Go ahead and get it, it's a solid and good game with some insanely detailed and amazing video game levels (the actual plot is so-so to bad but gameplay is top notch and levels are top tier)

They just announced at E3 they are making a Standalone Dishonored game where you go kill the outsider. This may have at one point been DLC planned but now it's it's own thing so enjoy!

Oh, I thought the Daud thing was DLC. That's good news, cheers.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Mafia III is probably the only open world game I've finished just to see where the story went. The music, characters and acting are so loving good; but as Palpek says I was just groaning every time they sent me on another samey sidemission just to progress the main quest.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Awww, no discount for Night in the Woods? :smith:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

exquisite tea posted:

I don't think NITW has ever gone below $15 in five months. I'd say it's still very much worth 20bux though.

Yeah, but I'm probably gonna go for RotTR + Dishonoured 2 as soon as the page lets me, which leaves me with ~15 bucks on my budget. I was kinda counting on it to drop to 12~15 honestly. I'm probably spoiled on sales :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
So here's a doozy for y'all.

Hollow Knight or Hyper Light Drifter?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

AbstractNapper posted:

Soma is sitting on my wishlist for quite a while now. It's cheap enough for me to buy it, and I like its themes (as I understand them anyway) but I absolutely hate the monster mechanic (which looks similar to Amnesia's) -- hide! run! no, don't look at it! It's way too stressful for me.

I got some good news for you then.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=560988617

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Alright, let's fire up Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Well, gently caress me, this game looks pretty and... what do you mean it's not a cutscene and I have control? :staredog:

Man, it's been a while since that happened.

Quick question, how are the difficulty modes?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

The Walrus posted:

I've never played it on hard but it's quite easy on normal.

exquisite tea posted:

How good are you with TR's bow mechanics, and how thoroughly do you want to raid tombs? If you're a decent shot and pretty completionist then I'd say Survivor is actually a well-balanced difficulty that won't get too easy as time goes on. Normal is okay if you're planning on just breezing through the main quest but the skills and ability points you get from doing the side content will quickly make killing bad guys very easy. Would not recommend Extreme Survivor for a first playthrough.

Survivor sounds good in that case. I'm not half bad at shooters and I'll probably be exploring every nook and cranny I come across.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Anti-Hero posted:

Hmm, I'll probably skip it then. I'm about 4 hours in to Bastion and it's really starting to come into its own, but I think a "worse" version of it is not something worth my time.

Transistor is a great game, and plays nothing like Bastion, so thinking about it as a 'worse Bastion' is kinda unfair.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

-Blackadder- posted:

2. Goon opinions on The Talos Principle?

It's one of the best gaming experiences I've had the pleasure of having. Get it.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 30, 2017

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Xaris posted:

Buy both of these 2

I don't care how much dicks you have to suck or possesions to sell, or delaying this rent this month, make it happen!!

This.

Polish posted:

Okay so I'm on board with Dark Souls.. what should I buy?

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 2 Season Pass

That will probably keep me busy enough until winter sale so I can pick up Dark Souls 3. But would that get me everything?

I'd just go with Prepare to Die for now, that should keep you busy for a good long while. If you really need 2, don't get 2+season pass, get Scholar of the First Sin (which is early unlock on the humble bundle for $12, incidentally) which is the 'enhanced/redux' edition with all DLC included and some other changes.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Xaris posted:

its not on sale dude otherwise i would agree. i wouldnt rec it for $20 buckaroos (especially when its been on sale for like $5 almost every time before) when other ones are much cheaper

Welp. I assumed it'd be on sale since why the gently caress wouldn't it, but I guess they just don't like money.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

bigis posted:

Is it worth getting the Gold edition or DLC for the Talos Principle?

Road To Gehenna is really good; I've no idea what Serious DLC or Prototype are but RtG alone puts you over the price for Gold Edition, so you may as well just go for that.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

fyallm posted:

Should I buy dishonored 1 or 2?

Remember to get the GOTY version, the DLC (Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches) are as good, if not better, than the base game, and just as long.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

fyallm posted:

I didn't get that version of Dishonored 1, is it to late?

The only two DLCs you want are The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches, which are 2.99 apiece. If you got the base game for 2.50 you can just buy those two for a grand total of 8.47.

You could refund and nab the Definitive Edition, but that one's 10 bucks and the other DLC included there goes from meh (Dunwall City Trials) to useless (Void Walker Arsenal), so just grab those two I mentioned above.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

-Blackadder- posted:

If you goons can do me a solid take a chainsaw to it, I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on whatever's left.

I've read a lot of bad stuff about Seraph since the sale started. I had it on my wishlist for some reason and have since axed it.

For all the praise it's getting, Dead Cells is still in Early Access, so you could probably hold on until next sale.

I've seen a lot of conflicting opinions about Salt and Sanctuary and Dust, so maybe wait for someone to chime in on those?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Had ~60 bucks leftover from some gift cards I got from work a couple months ago that I had been saving specifically for this, so I ended up getting:

Dishonoured 2 - Finished it. I liked it but the experience was somewhat soured by some really weird lag/control issues, which I'm still not sure if they were caused by the game or my system. We'll see how high chaos run goes I guess.
Rise of the Tomb Raider - This game is fantastic and I'm having a blast; I'm playing on Survivor and every bit of loot counts so I'm taking my sweet time and exploring every nook and cranny.
Final Fantasy 14 Online - Starter Edition - Had to make a bad decision at some point.

Goon bro Ragequit gifted me Hollow Knight and I couldn't revenge gift him anything because Steam hates my region. Sort gifting out, Gaben.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

kater posted:

Every time I see doom taking up 90 gig I want to delete it, don't care how good it is supposed to be.

Hey now, it's only 78.5

It's also super good.

• Locked thread