Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I wonder if Prey is too new or if it'll get a discount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

strategery posted:

Im only spending 30 bucks. Im only spending 30 bucks. Im only spending 30 bucks.

gently caress

You can drop gungeon, imo.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Nevvy Z posted:

To expland on other gungeon talk, Gungeon is a bit more "babbys first bullet hell" than it is "twinstick roguelite". It also has a few really brutal design choices like you can't get an item drop from a room if you take damage in that room, though some those may have been reverted.

Nuclear Throne is still the best game in the twinstick random murder genre.

Gungeon is fun at its core but it has a lot of weird design choices (like the enemies gaining health per floor, etc) that make it boring to play. I've sunk like 13 hours into it at this point and it's only starting to open up and give me good fun weapons/items.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Xander77 posted:

Oh yeah. Same deal, except - any version of Wolfenstein Old Blood / 2. Apparently someone in... steam region censorship management... or whatever, is under the impression that Israel frowns upon killing nazis.

It may have been a government ban, I think, looking over some papers over the concentration camp segment.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Xander77 posted:

As far as I can tell, our government is not particularly aware of the very concept of video games, much less of the need or ability to censor them. Physical copies of Wolfenstein were available in stores, and I assume the same will be true for Wolfenstein 2. It's just...

Someone (and it annoys me that I've asked the question repeatedly, yet no one actually knows who or how or why) - some person or group of persons on steam who decide "yeah, nah", and have no need to explain nor justify their decision, much less provide an avenue for appeal.

I did a vague Google search and I turned up some articles from an Israeli paper bitchi- er, kvetching about it during an interview with a Bethesda rep. If it wasn't the state I'd guess it might be Bethesda? I just have a hard time seeing steam / valve as doing anything at all ever for anything :v: that poo poo sucks though, Wolfenstein was super fun and W-2 should also be pretty good.

• Locked thread