Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Prices aren't updating yet so that's probably why you aren't seeing it. I checked Tabletop Simulator and it was on sale on its game page, but not showing up on main page.

Also nothing on my wishlist is showing as on sale yet. I'd say just give it time to update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
This time of year reminds me of how Amazon Tony whipped the piss out of Gabe one year then disappeared into the ether never to be heard from again.

Also of the time that FTL won out on a flash vote over Kentucky Route Zero because it was a 90% discount even though everyone in the world already owned FTL.

What are some of your favorite Steam Sale memories?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
They are tablet ports, not the SNES versions that people love. Meaning they have new sprites and such. Look them up on youtube and see if the graphic style puts you off before you buy in.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

kater posted:

Oh my gosh Snake Pass looks so good. Is there something secretly horrible about it or do you get to play a platformer as a big dumb goofy snake?

Looks pretty fun and cute, but remember....

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I really wish I could go forward in time to see how some of these Early Access survival, sandbox games turn out in the end. 7 Days to Die especially. I can't find anything else in that vein of game that is even close to being where 7D2D is right now.

Also, gently caress Black Desert Online. It's listed in like every category I browse and doesn't even fit there.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
RAGE is right next to Civ:Beyond Earth for me in greatest regrets of paying full price for. It had a terrible launch and feels lifeless and boring. Get this instead....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233270/Far_Cry_3__Blood_Dragon/

Or better yet, get the Blood Dragon/Gunslinger bundle. Both great shootmans.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

I have 350 games on my wishlist, ~$50 in the wallet and don't feel like buying anything. Got four games on the sale but refunded two. Are video games dead to me?

I'm in a similar situation. Bought more games for others than I did myself. I picked up StarCrawlers and Satellite Reign because they were priced for what I'd pay for them. All the gush about Hollow Knight and other goon favorites did little to sway me this year.

I wish there was a button to clear wishlists in one go. Most of the stuff I put on mine was just to watch early access stuff to see if it actually became anything. It's in bad need of cleaning.

I do miss seeing bundles and such on the front page and saying "Somebody is going to have a lot of fun with that bundle because that's a good deal for good games." Now it's just window shopping through mostly turds.

So don't feel too bad. You probably just have everything you want or have been the vet of so many sales that you have all the good deals already. I think the real winners this sale were anyone interested in DIshonored 2, Hyper Light Drifter, Hollow Knight and Dead Cells. Sale prices seemed to put them right at the sweet spot that most people would impulse buy and bite down on. Next year will probably be deeper discounts on stuff like Prey and Nier.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
System Shock 1, even the enhanced edition is very very clumsy today. I mean you would be out a buck fifty if you don't like it but just know the remake is due out in 2018. For it's time, this game blew peoples minds and is where a ton of features we enjoy today came from.

Quake won't have the awesome CD soundtrack if you can live with that. If you're playing oldschool Quake, you might as well go all in and do the bundle.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/434/

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
StarCrawlers was the big surprise for me. Very good purchase. If dungeon crawlers are your jam, this is a solid buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Post Sale Talk:

ARK is $59.99 regular price now. When the hell did that happen and more importantly how in the poo poo can they justify a price hike like that. I remember buying it when new for 20.

Givin fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 7, 2017

• Locked thread