Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
I'm excited for the sale. Whats the 1 game you all seem to be waiting to buy this sale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

This sale I'm looking out for

Hollow Knight
Bomb Squad Academy
Resident Evil 7
Rust
Thimbleweed park

But my wish list has grown to over 70 from browsing and goon recommendations. So well see.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

Here is my list of wants. Any suggestions on ones I should pass?

The Jackbox Party Pack 2 Or The Jackbox party pack 3?

SOMA or Alien: Isolation

Rust Alpha

Overcooked

Bomb Squad Academy

Hollow Knight

My Summer Car

OneShot

Phoning Home

King Arthur's Gold

Gateways

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

Awesome! posted:

i cant imagine king arthurs gold still has much of a playerbase

http://steamcharts.com/search/?q=king+arthurs+gold wow 52 today

Thanks for saving me on this one.

FunkMonkey posted:

Get it, the gameplay is rocky but to this day it has some of the best writing in video games. Especially with the recent renaissance of the genre, now's a perfect time to see one of the most influential games in it.

E: also Alien: Isolation is incredible, legitimately scary and tense.

Ok but is isolation scary . It's for my fiance who wants a scary game.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

Picked up Thimbleweed park and wow that game is hilarious and awesome.

I never knew I liked adventure games.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

If you don't already own Scrap Mechanic then you should.

Its basically a sandbox builder game. It's mainly for vehicles since there is no survival mode (yet). The mod community is decent and you can share builds in the workshop.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

Anyone have a review on Brick Rigs?

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

McCoy Pauley posted:

Having just started Hollow Knight after putting a few hours into Dead Cells, I agree with you that HK feels floaty and less responsive than one might like. The aesthetic and the sound design are great, and I'll stick with it, but in comparison, Dead Cells feels incredibly tight and responsive in the controls -- it just handles exactly like I want a Metroidvania to handle.

I had to return hollow knight. It was a great game but for some reason the dying and losing my in game currency annoys me.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

KO Derf posted:

You know you just leave behind a shadow of yourself where you died. You just run up to it, hit it once, and get all of your currency back.
Ya it still grinds my nerves for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

Dragomorph posted:

Don't usually go to this thread, but I thought I'd just warn anybody off The Quest, which got recommended here, unless they're really the sort of person who can ignore really blatant misogyny. Within an hour of gameplay, I got a subquest to rescue a dude wife who's being held ransom, but said wife apparently prefers it with the bandits. Your only options are to either commit a crime, side with the bandits, get half of the ransom money and bring the wife back, or kill the bandits, then get the wife drunk and drag her back anyway. :gonk: Between that, the fact the game seems to assume in all your dialogue choices you're going to flirt like a guy regardless of what gender you choose, and the fact that half the women you run into at the very beginning are prostitutes, I'd say it's too janky to put up with that sort of stuff.

I didn't want it but now I do.

Thanks

• Locked thread