Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Hopper posted:

The Following replaces parcour with buggies you need to maintain as was said earlier. The area is far too large and you end up driving from a to b losing each other and getting bored.
Also enjoy a ton of invisible wall rocks/haystacks in the middle of the road or whatever, bad map design with impassible mountains or annoying water, and the few parkour stuff they added is more or less walled off. They had to boost zombies because of cars and it's super annoying when they cross over into on-the-foot segments. Liked Dying Light quite a bit in co-op but we didn't even finish The Following. Maybe the stuff they're adding will make it palatable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Awesome! posted:

rocket league
Not from 2011. I actually have two newer computers it runs incredibly poorly on that can play games like Dishonored or Dark Souls well. Part of the reason is that they actually upgraded some of their materials/textures to the new Unreal Engine version I believe awhile ago (and is why the potato guides don't work nearly as well anymore).

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Sproggiwood is great but it's good to know that it is more on the puzzle side of Roguelikes. So if you don't want that, well, buy it anyway and then get Caves of Qud, too. Or if you want a sprawling adventure one get Dungeonmans or try out TOME for free.

TIS-100 was one of my favorite games last year (and favorite puzzle game in a year where I played Mole Mania) and I'm still kicking myself I got to a certain point near the end and ended it after getting stuck for a few days. Now I've been wanting to go back but just can't find the time! I think the usual retail price is too high (not in the quality way, in the horrible cheap goon way) and I got it as a gift from that one bundle, but it hasn't been bundled since and this is actually one of the deeper sales for it. I'm not anything close to a programmer but I did appreciate some of the logic classes and first year programming classes I took. Besides reading the manual you might want to spoil some of the earlier puzzles and see if it's for you.

Agree on passing Hammerwatch, I played it in co-op and it just felt like a bad fan Gauntlet game. I was up to try their Serious Sam one just because but apparently despite showing couch co-op they hadn't added it yet on release.

• Locked thread