Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im not gonna buy any games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i need to get back to that. got sidetracked after one boss. was a really good boss fight too (bird guy)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why did Steam stop doing the daily/flash sales? That made this whole thing more exciting and enticing.
they went away when refunds were introduced

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

veedubfreak posted:

Someone suggested Darkest Dungeon to me a while back. Games looks hella tedious, is this a proper view?

i guess it depends on what you find tedious...

it is a fairly popular game so clearly some people enjoy it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Tenzarin posted:

So daily and flash sales are gone?

yes

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Tenzarin posted:

So everything on sale is already at sale price? Rip.

yes. this is as good as you are going to get

arent you glad the flash sales are gone????

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

nachos posted:

Will I enjoy nex machina if I loved Furi? I don't particularly care about bullethell gameplay but I like to git gud to an excellent soundtrack

...maybe. they are pretty different. have you played resogun?

the soundtrack is good.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

:same:

e:

Tenzarin posted:

I guess there's no reason to check the sale each day now.
my dude, have you seen these sick stickers?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

bethesda is the 2nd newest. rogue one was the latest

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

veedubfreak posted:

Just curious but what was being abused by refunds that made them take it out? I mean I'm perfectly fine with not having to be online at the right moment to get a game for it's lowest price.

i assume they just didnt want to deal with the refund requests that would be generated

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Hopper posted:

Weird there are several games I would have sworn have been cheaper before...

apparently binding of isaac was on sale for cheaper last week

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

no, get both

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

they're loving charging for it? After getting rid of the RMAH where I could fleece rubes with clever arbitrage opportunities? loving hell.

the price is stupid (i dont even really play it anymore but i might have checked out the necro if it was like $5) but the rmah was the worst thing in the world

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you know you can filter out early access titles from your discovery queue along with any tags you dont like.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yes, some people made money on the rmah. that doesnt change the fact that it was terrible for the game

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Hopper posted:

I sort of like roguelikes (Shiren the wanderer on the DS for example) for the occasional play and was thinking of getting Swords of the Stars The Pit. I am confused however, there is a gold edition and a bundle that has the gold edition and more dlc. Which one should I get?

And what other good roguelikes are there? (I prefer good graphics, nothing with Ascii code like minimalist stuff, that's just not appealing to me)

the pit is garbage stay away

check out dungeonmans, tales of maj'eyal (can play for free on their website), sproggiwood, and caves of qud

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Random Stranger posted:

I was just poking around for stuff and may have found a pricing error. The Shadowrun Complete collection is on sale for under $3 (86% off) and includes all of the recent Shadowrun games. The individual games are on sale for significantly more than that (Hong Kong is $7.50 for the version of the game in the bundle plus another $2 for the pdf book that you'll never look at which is also in the bundle). Not a bad deal if you're at all interested in it.

do you already own most of the bundle? i have the original one and dragonfall already and its 6.77 for me

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah thats an option they can set for bundles now but not a requirement so some dont use it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

get hollow knight

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Junior Jr. posted:

That reminds me, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition is 75% off, just get that one instead.

ultimate edition is 50% (10bux) only the base game is 75% so they can trick you into buying the dlc later at 40% lol

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah just dont expect a good game and you will be happy :smugdon:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

both?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i cant imagine king arthurs gold still has much of a playerbase

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Junior Jr. posted:

Is Quantum Break actually fun?

its garbage

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Junior Jr. posted:

Haven't played 1 yet...or Demon's Souls for that matter. I heard they're supposed to be drat good so I'm just getting into them now.
might as well start with 1

if you have the ps3 set up then demons is still very good and playable but you dont need to play it first

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Lady Galaga posted:

Not actually on sale

i assume factorio is also not on sale based on prior history and poe is a f2p game. he got you good

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

every sale i almost buy pillars of eternity and then i dont. maybe this time i will

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dromal phrenia posted:

Also I don't know if anyone plays it anymore but Humble Bundle has Killing Floor for FREE and doesn't require another purchase to get it.

Killing Floor 2 is 50% off, which is identical to Steam's sale so I don't know why they bothered

if they are the same price you should buy the humble one since they donate to charity

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

PantsBandit posted:

Just smdh at people who can't find the joy in drop-kicking a zombie off a building.

i feel like i could find joy in that for roughly 3 hours and then i would be pretty bored

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

too much dead rat posted:

Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist
take that you silly named japanese games

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they are completely loving worthless and useless

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

this is the first summer sale gimmick that i am just going to completely ignore

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

keep nier everything else is whatever

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it depends on what you already own and the bundle pricing but it is definitely possible

the renowned explorers complete bundle is cheaper for me than the one dlc i dont own

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

nope

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what sort of search algorithm is steam using when "binding of is" returns zero results?

i have rebirth and afterbirth and the afterbirth+ bundle is 7.49 for me

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

DaveKap posted:

I'm the last person to ask for recommendations and typically the first to give them... but I've been known to have a blind spot or two so I'm gonna ask this thread and see what ya'll come up with. For science.

I'm looking for a game with a really tight dungeon crawling loop similar to what end-game Diablo 3 is right now, but distilled into its purest form. Essentially, a dungeon crawler that isn't a rogue-like or rogue-lite, which is what most of them seem to be nowadays. I want RNG loot, properly feeling more powerful and turning once-difficult enemies into trash mobs through just a couple levels or loot upgrades. It's very likely that I'm looking for an indie title that flew under the radar, since I typically am the radar. Also, if the game lasted more than a few hours, that'd be nice. Plot not necessary, though some kind of variety to the combat and enemies is a plus. First person, third person, top down, I don't care, it's the loop I'm looking for. Surprise me!
diablo 3 is throwing me off here because i wouldnt really call that dungeon crawling. do you actually want an arpg type thing?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yes the prices stay the same

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

kater posted:

I need some help trimming my cart

sculpting and rendering an axehead demon bust sounds vaguely erotic and like a keeper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Zedd posted:

So last year during the sale I was in the hospital (not a pityparty post).
Are daily deals gone on steam? Cause if so what the hell, that was the fun in the whole sale. :smith:
mods please, the title

• Locked thread