Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.
People who have played the RE7 dlc, is it worth getting at all? It feels really light but I loved the first half of that game so much I'd be willing to shell out for some spooky atmospheric side stories but I felt the everything after you find the ship was so middling that I'm a little wary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.

Substandard posted:

Also, is there anything of value in the Fallout 4 Season Pass? I hate not getting all of the content, but $15 for the base game vs like $40+ for the bundle with the DLC seems brutal and the reviews are decidedly negative.

I don't think they're terrible but I'd still say skip the season pass. You'll get plenty of playtime with the core game and if you're screaming for more Fallout 4 by the winter sale (unlikely), they'll still be there.

Edit: Forgot about the terrible workshop DLC, which are all bad.

too much dead rat fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jun 23, 2017

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

Junior Jr. posted:

That reminds me, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition is 75% off, just get that one instead.

Anyone who hasn't played Fallout New Vegas and all of its DLC to death and is considering Fallout 4: do not consider Fallout 4.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

Batch #1

Giveaway #1:

The first person to respond to this gets SuperHOT

e: nm I made it a gift link I'll just PM you!!!

I'd love superhot?!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrreese

Edit: Big thanks to QFG 2!

too much dead rat fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 23, 2017

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

Turd Herder posted:

Here is my list of wants. Any suggestions on ones I should pass?

Alien: Isolation

I can not shill harder for Alien: Isolation, easily one of my favorite games in recent memory. The story probably won't blow you out of the water but the cat and mouse stealth gameplay of Alien blew me away (even though it gets trivialized later on by the flamethrower). I haven't played SOMA, so I couldn't speak to a comparison but get Alien.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

Cable posted:

What's the best way to impulse buy and be able to have buyer's remorse?

I've just added about 20 games to my cart, can I buy them and then return any number of them within two weeks if they're not my jam? Does Steam get picky about it?

It's not any number but they're pretty lenient.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

The discussion has moved past it but I wanted to chime in to say Antichamber is a good rear end game. One of the most innovative and perspective bending puzzle games I have ever played. It's only four dolllars!

Also, I asked before and didn't get an answer so I'm trying again: Anyone play the RE7 dlc? Thoughts? I'm ok with it being short and not having much action so long as I can recapture the feeling of the first half of that game.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

I can confirm that Dying Light co-op rules. The invasion stuff ended up being a lot more fun than I expected, as well.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

I'd like to hear some goon impressions on Watch_Dogs 2. Worth it at $30?

Initially there was a lot of positive buzz around it but it seemed to have died off pretty fast.

Depends on how much open world fatigue you experience. The goofy counter culture hacker comedy can be fun and their version of the San Francisco Bay Area feels right. The hacking/sneaking gameplay works better but is still less than stellar and the shooting feels so out of place I question if it should have been put in. I enjoyed it most doing the co-op side missions with my buddy but that stuff doesn't feel very robust. I regretted spending $40 but there's some good stuff that you've played before in other open world games.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

I'm on the fence about getting Prey nice to hear some negatives about it.

Let me pile on then! I found Prey to be a massive disappointment. The first hour or two are top notch and the rest of the game just fails to live up to the promise of the first two hours with initial reveal and creeping around Mimics. The game devolves into a lot of less than engaging sidequests that pad the game out and I found it to be very easy and shallow after you get a few upgrades (playing on the hardest difficulty). The design of the station is probably the best part, it feels lived in and I liked the fact that you could find every crew member's corpse and it sets the stage for some of the best moments where I'd read an email that stuck out and then find the author dead in a corner on the other side of the station. Too bad the actual plot of the game is flat beyond the worldbuilding (cinched by a terrible underwhelming ending). It's not garbage by any means but probably my biggest regret purchase this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

Invader Zym posted:

Any other recommendations for someone who's played and enjoyed all three?

Although it's extremely short, Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist has that same vibe. Even better: it's free!

• Locked thread