Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm looking for interesting things to play on my Linux laptop which has an okay processor and terrible graphics card. I've had some fairly mixed results with games on it, usually 2D stuff is fine though some things like Terraria have completely broken down. A few 3D games have worked okay, but something like Crusader Kings 2 ran at .5 fps. Also, gently caress buying something with a discount under 50%; doing that is for suckers.

So, any interesting suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

I haven't really bought anything on steam sales in a couple of years. Are we still supposed to hold out for a 75% discount or is 50% the lowest they will go nowadays?

There are no longer changing discounts from day to day. What you see now is as steep as it will be for the sale.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

mike12345 posted:

All the Pinball FX tables are on sale, some of them at 75% discount. Grabbed Balls of Glory, was looking forward to that one.

That reminded me to check and Pinball Arcade season 4 is 75% off. That one includes Adam's Family, Earthshaker, Safecracker, Phantom of the Opera, Starship Troopers, and a few other ones that don't come to mind immediately. Sadly, the rest of them got the usual stingy discount.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I was just poking around for stuff and may have found a pricing error. The Shadowrun Complete collection is on sale for under $3 (86% off) and includes all of the recent Shadowrun games. The individual games are on sale for significantly more than that (Hong Kong is $7.50 for the version of the game in the bundle plus another $2 for the pdf book that you'll never look at which is also in the bundle). Not a bad deal if you're at all interested in it.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Awesome! posted:

do you already own most of the bundle? i have the original one and dragonfall already and its 6.77 for me

That must be it. I didn't realize they've changed things so they don't charge for the bits you already own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Luggage posted:

Q.U.B.E. looks cool in trailers, but is utterly forgettable and very easy for someone who has played the Portal games. Antichamber is a much better, albeit more expensive, alternative imo.

Antechamber had the same problem as QUBE for me: it's absurdly easy and short. Getting it in the sale is fine, and Antechamber is definitely more clever than QUBE, but it was a big let down for me since it's yet another indie puzzle game with no challenge.

Luggage posted:

Also, I think Thomas Was Alone is a game everyone believing in videogames as a storytelling medium should have played.

Because it demonstrates how annoying that approach is?

• Locked thread