Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Dishonored 2 was the one game I was gunning for so 50% off is A-OK in my book. No doubt I'll waste my hard earned money on other things people are recommending as well....

Gonna grab Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter at $18 to gift my mother because she's a big mystery buff and I loves me mam. Any other mystery games people might recommend? It would have to either be very easy to play or very watchable so I can stream it for her.

Edit: holy smokes a considerable discount on Prey so soon after it came out. Get behind me Satan.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Flaggy posted:

Shadows of Mordor for 4 bucks a no brainer?

For four dollars absolutely.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Bremen posted:

How did Total War: Warhammer turn out? It's got a pretty big discount, but I also hear it's getting a sequel already?

It's fun, and from what I hear the sequel will be as much of an expansion building off the first game as a standalone product. Supposedly a post release patch will be linking the campaigns and armies from the first game in some way.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Xaris posted:

It's probably my favorite (non-indie) PC game this year so far. I'm sure it'll see deeper sale in the Winter

(There have been better games out on consoles though)

That's a great point, I really want it but with my backlog it may be prudent to sit on Prey until fall or winter. Hmm.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I Am A Robot posted:

So is the Warhammer DLC only worth getting if you want to play as the new races?

I'm probably going to buy Warhammer for $20 but I don't know what to do about the $45 DLC.

Play some campaigns with the base races and see if you like the game enough to warrant getting the others. Don't forget that Bretonnia is free.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I want some more couch co-op ish games so yes

Crawl is a blast in my opinion.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Avasculous posted:

Very good, best Total War game by far.

Ignore the Steam reviews. CA added a bunch of additional factions (distinct playstyle/units/tech tree) months after release to the campaign map as AIs. The paid DLC unlocks these factions for the human player- in other words, extremely optional.

In the same timeframe, CA also added, for free, a major faction and a bunch of new units for existing factions.

So, naturally, this almost uniquely fair/generous DLC model infuriated a bunch of people into flooding the page with negative reviews over CA nickel-and-diming their customers.

Agreed, buy the game and get orky. It's a ton of fun and very stylish.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

kater posted:

Resident evil 5 & 6 are terrific coop games if you are in to laughing your rear end off at ridiculously dumb things. A bit different from those other games though.

I'm going to second that Resident Evil 6 was one of the most unintentionally hilarious, sincerely entertaining co-op experiences I have ever played. Doing all the stories with my brother was a joy. I'd never play it by myself though.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Prey sounds like a lot of fun, but with my massive backlog I'm going to try and wait until the fall/winter sales to see if I can get a bigger drop. Got a few personal interests (Dishonored 2, Mordheim, Devil's Daughter) and on people's strong recommendations Hyper Light Drifter, Dead Cells, and Hollow Knight.

I'll admit some of the excited anticipation was lost with no more flash sales, but it's nice to know exactly what the prices are going to be and just get with it instead of delaying buying a game I want for several weeks. I'll also gladly trade the flash sales for a no-questions-asked return policy in the event of a lemon.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I've never played Planescape: Torment. Is it worth playing nowadays, or is it too unapproachable at this point?

Get it, the gameplay is rocky but to this day it has some of the best writing in video games. Especially with the recent renaissance of the genre, now's a perfect time to see one of the most influential games in it.

E: also Alien: Isolation is incredible, legitimately scary and tense.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Turd Herder posted:

http://steamcharts.com/search/?q=king+arthurs+gold wow 52 today

Thanks for saving me on this one.

Ok but is isolation scary . It's for my fiance who wants a scary game.

Yes, it's legitimately frightening at times. Perfect in the dark with headphones game. Just don't play on easy.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Yeah, I'm loving baffled by Unity at $20. Did they not recall the blowback on that, or did a bunch of jerks just buy it at full price and convince them they hadn't completely shat the bed on that one?

"Whatever, you're still going to buy it" is sadly a tried and true marketing technique for major entertainment businesses the world over. Just ask Games Workshop.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I'll floor your kill.

Re: walking stories, it's not first person but Kentucky Route Zero might be up your alley.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Fall of Cybetron was a load of fun when I played it. Just be aware that it doesn't have co-op like it's predecessor, but the game itself is much more polished. Great game for just wrecking the poo poo out of robots while zooming around.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Palpek posted:

More people should buy Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments which is the greatest detective game ever made and lets you freely accuse suspects and then choose if you want to go the official route or something more ambiguous. It's an amazing game when it comes to player choice and gathering evidence.

Agreed, I had a lot of fun with it and it actually prompted serious deliberation on some of the cases. I grabbed the sequel, Devil's Daughter, and am hoping it will likewise deliver.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

Greenmangaming sent me an email with a 40% off voucher good for their random game packs. I did the 10 game pack.

I got... MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA for ORIGIN :gonk: I don't even know what to do with that. Someone wanna trade for it? Hit me up, I guess?

I'll give you seven cents and a copy of Bad Rats and you'll thank me for it.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Nier 2 DLC just some throwback costumes and a few sidequests? As someone who 100%d it, it doesn't strike me as worth the price if so.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

kender posted:

I've heard Lisa is kind of dark, which I don't mind, but are we talking "This will leave you feeling super hosed up" vs "That was awful, but I'll make it"?

The core game alternates between absurdist humor and extremely bleak, serious drama/horror dealing with some heavy themes. The DLC expansion is for the most part completely serious. It's a great game though, strongly recommended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

FO4 seems fine so far...

Please don't use my photograph without permission.

• Locked thread