Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Glare Seethe posted:

I'm thinking about this one too but it's worth mentioning BundleStars is selling it with all DLC for $5. Probably worth the extra buck? Dunno.

The DLC is pretty worthless overall. Utterly skippable since none of it integrates into the main campaign, or is just cheat items/skins

Game is good though and the previews for the sequel look amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bremen posted:

How did Total War: Warhammer turn out? It's got a pretty big discount, but I also hear it's getting a sequel already?

Very good. Its split into 3 big games that will get the ability to combine for a mega-campaign so you can play as all the factions.

So TW:W 1 had Empire, Vampires, Dwarves and Orcs as its main factions. They added Bretonnia as FLC and Beastmen/Chaos/Wood Elves/1 more unnanounced race as DLC. It has the old world (Warhammer Euripe basically) as its map.

TW:W 2 has High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and (probably) Skaven as main factions as well as hints at Tomb Kings as the first DLC race. It has Lustria (Warhammer North America) as its map.

Overall its super well done and there's an absurd amount of effort put into it. Pretty expensive overall though. Also note DLC races/units will show up in the campaign even if you don't buy them, you just can't play as them.

Zore fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 22, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

I Am A Robot posted:

So is the Warhammer DLC only worth getting if you want to play as the new races?

I'm probably going to buy Warhammer for $20 but I don't know what to do about the $45 DLC.

Basically.

Only get the Wood Elf/Beastmen/Chaos DLC if you really want to play as that faction. Wood Elves and Beastmen are cool and fun, Chaos was the free pack-in DLC for preorders and is kinda bad and boring in comparison.

The Grim and the Grave/ The King and the Warlord add stuff to the Empire/VC and Dwarves/Orcs respectively. New units, new lords and a 'Regiments of renown' system for unique 1/off units with special bonuses.

Also remember to download all the Free DLC for free Legendary Lords and a few free units (like Shadow and Life Casters for the Empire).

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Xaris posted:

Please do not give money to Gearbox

What is wrong with Gearbox?

I have never bought any of their poo poo or paid any attention to them.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

AceClown posted:

How long do the individual offers last?

I really want Democracy 3 at 75% off but can I gently caress like get any response from the store.

Sale prices don't change for the duration of the sale anymore.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Junior Jr. posted:

I meant Death of the Outsider, I'm pretty excited for that. That reminds me, I should check if Prey goes lower.

... That's 3 months from release still

:psyduck:

Why would they discount a game that doesn't even come out until September??

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

I haven't really bought anything on steam sales in a couple of years. Are we still supposed to hold out for a 75% discount or is 50% the lowest they will go nowadays?

They don't do daily or flash sales any more. What you see is what you get now.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ijyt posted:

This sale is trash and why the gently caress can Valve never get their servers working every year.

Because a massive spike that lasts a few hours twice a year isn't worth buy new servers for?

Like that would be an insane use of resources from any cost/benefit analysis.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Junior Jr. posted:

Just checking a couple of things, is Valve no longer doing flash sales or daily deals?

No, they haven't for years now because of their refund system.

What you see is what you get for the sale.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Reality Winner posted:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/pricing-change-rollback-information-thread-latest-news-here.1031635/

I dont know what any of this means but you might want to hold off on buying any Paradox strategy game this sale.

It only matters for some regions. Basically Russia/Brazil etc got their prices jacked up a few days ago and they're reverting it after public outcry.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

X-COM: Enemy Unknown/Within, X-COM 2, KOTOR 1 and 2. Those are always my big reccomendations.

XCOM 2 even has an expansion coming out in two months which looks rad as hell

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

I will say that I really like the Steam Discovery Queue. I've been wanting to find more and more cool, weirder indy stuff you don't really hear about unless it's something truly special.

Mine is full of garbage that never goes away because 'similar to games you play' apparently means 'HAVE YOU SEEN FALLOUT 3??????' and one billion early access games.

I loving own Fallout 3 even!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Mr E posted:

Are any of the Fallout 4 DLCs worth getting?

Automatron is fun if you like building robot buddies. And Far Harbor actually has a good looking setting and atmosphere.

Nuka World is pretty much garbage. Ditto the workshop DLCs.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

Thinking of getting two games. Anyone who's played either i'd welcome your input.

1. Xcom 2, loved xcom 1 but I've seen a bunch of people say it strayed from the formula in a not so good sort of way
2. The new ultimate ninja storm, anime games are sort of a guilty pleasure of mine and I enjoyed 3 a lot for what it was. I've seen complaints that this one is more focused on pvp than the predecessors while I mostly want a relaxing romp through the story with cool cinematics on special moves.

XCOM 2 is fantastic and a really solid iteration on the first game.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Is Civ VI worth buying or waiting on the inevitable expansions?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

-Blackadder- posted:

Thanks for all the Final Fantasy feedback goons. After reading posts, and watching some videos on youtube, I've decided to go with X/X-2 HD Remaster for now, and pick up the others down the line.

I got another big question I could use some advice on. I played and enjoyed Skyrim but none of the other elder scrolls games so...

Morrowind or Oblivion?

And can you guys talk about the differences between them and if they're still worth playing?

Oblivion is Skyrim except they had one dude designing all the dungeons so they're all even more generic than Skyrim. It also hasn't aged particularly well graphics-wise. I'd go with this if you want more like Skyrim and are willing to take a few steps back in game design.

Morrowind is definitely a hugely different experience from the later two. Its way more fiddly and old-school in its design in both good and bad ways. Things like Fast Travel don't exist so you have to use transportation services or run/fly everywhere. Combat rolls dice behind the scenes based on your stats so 'hitting' someone with a sword or arrow isn't actually guaranteed to hit them. It has an incredibly amount of jank, but if you can get past that its a really weird and fun entry. Definitely a hugely different experience from Skyrim though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Kiranamos posted:

They made gifting basically impossible now, right? The sale ended as I was trying to check out with Gemcraft and King of Dragon Pass :smith:

You can't store gifts any more. You can send them right away though.

• Locked thread