Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

nekopara vol. 3 not on sale wtf gabe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

I haven't really bought anything on steam sales in a couple of years. Are we still supposed to hold out for a 75% discount or is 50% the lowest they will go nowadays?

You are supposed to just wait for it to be in a humble bundle.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

my back pages posted:

Are there any really highly recommended multiplayer (online coop) games on sale? My friend and I are lookin' for a new game. We've played stuff like Stellaris, Terraria, Factorio and Don't Starve Together and all that already and enjoyed them.

Resident evil 5 & 6 are terrific coop games if you are in to laughing your rear end off at ridiculously dumb things. A bit different from those other games though.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Awesome! posted:

every sale i almost buy pillars of eternity and then i dont. maybe this time i will

This and Divinity Original Sin, every drat sale. ~$18 is just too much for me to pull the trigger and always has been.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

That price on mgsv is hilarious, it was $7 on humble a month ago.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I need some help trimming my cart

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Xcom 2 timers are strict enough to demand attention but loose enough to not really be a problem if you address em. There are also tons of ways to either disable or lessen them. You can and should get one of the mods that disables the countdown while you are sneaking around at the start and the aliens don't know you are there, just because of how cool that is as a concept.

Game rocks poo poo and you shouldn't be afraid of it. It doesn't really care if you fail the timers, just things happen that you wish didn't.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

Not to be too pithy but I feel like over half the recommendations coming from people who applied mods isn't really a selling point of x-com 2. I don't really mod games outside of ones that were basically designed for the purpose. If there's a mechanic so bad in the game you have to mod it out I'm prolly not interested.

Thank you for the honest appraisals tho.

Xcom 2 was designed for mods to such an extent that you can open files in a text pad and change whatever clearly labeled value you want.

But I support not buying it too, gently caress T2.

kater fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 24, 2017

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I found nothing relaxing about Rebel Galaxy. It's very combat-y and the story didn't seem any better than all the other space trading/fighting things. Do people call it a 4x? It doesn't seem like it should be called a 4x.

I unno, tearing down games isn't fun.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I think it is.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I booted up Snakebird just to see, my gosh that game is the devil. I think I've completed like one of the multi-snake levels.

Turtlicious posted:

Does anyone know of a Multiplayer version of a game like Subnautica? I really like exploring looking at fish, but I want guns and to chase down reapers in my sub.

Doesn't seem anything like Subnautica at all but I think Depth has underwater multiplayer. The big thing was always omg you can play as a shark. Looks like it's hovering around 2.5 Battleborns in concurrent players, so you should be able to find games.

kater fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jun 27, 2017

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Bad games deserve sales too.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

pretty sure that many add-ons just ruins the company

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Kin posted:

Someone tell me something horribly annoying about Dark Souls 3. I'm on the verge of buying it but have a load of good games in my backlog already.

In the entire game I counted one single exceptional bonfire to bonfire sequence. Most of it is very by the numbers Soulsing in very tepid environments.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Honestly I'd rather indies so the 'I've got insane personal beliefs so I'm never discounting this' than freaking 15% off. I might buy the game in the former but I ain't ever buying the latter.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Everything wrong with Bioshock Infinite can be summarized by the changing of Elizabeth's model to a bug eyed freak so that people would empathize more.

It is just 300% not what was advertised and cares far more about manipulation than anything. Also the combat is goddamn horrible and there are way too many bullet sponges.

And I say this as someone who bought it twice and likes quite a bit of what it goes for. Just so much of the game should have been better.

Also one of the bosses is a loving ghost.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Internet Explorer posted:

Personally, I'd pass. The AI is brain dead to the point where it can't even attempt to take a city if you've built the first level of walls. It's been broken like that since release and apparently still hasn't been fixed. The AI in Civ games has never been great and was made a lot worse with one unit per tile, but somehow they managed to make Civ VI even worse. At this point they seem to be just phoning it in.

loving still? Are you kidding me. It's been almost a year.

But yeah Civ 6 is massively disappointing. Basic changes to stuff make it not even casually fun. Some people swear by mod packs, but eh.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Sale ends when?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Oh my gosh Snake Pass looks so good. Is there something secretly horrible about it or do you get to play a platformer as a big dumb goofy snake?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Offworld Trading Company is an RTS. It is kind of fun, but... it is very an RTS. Like matches last twenty-thirty minutes, it is solely competitive, taking place on a mostly small map. Also its too silly for my taste.

kater fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jul 3, 2017

kater
Nov 16, 2010

All the Hollow Knight hype is pretty legit. I haven't been able to get into any new wave metroidwhatevers but I accidentally played HK for hours. The movement is a tad unusual but works great with the combat.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

ArfJason posted:

I asked this in another thread but more opinions are always nice:
I like metroidvanias and as such id like to buy hollow knight.
But, REmake is also going for 10 bucks and ive wanted to try it since the gc days but i dont have much experience with classic horror games, even if its the cream of the crop.
Which one will be more bang for my ten bucks?

Get REmake iff you have someone that would watch you play it. It is a stupid, frustrating game that is really dumb. But fun to share with others.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I filled my cart up to $150 and then slowly removed everything. My primary thought was 'I still have Assassin's Creed 3 installed'. I'm not sure if that is like, a shame thing, or maybe I want to play it or something? It is hard to buy stuff when you still have Assassin's Creed 3 installed.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I've got a cart to cull.

Please help convince me I don't need none of this poo poo. I need to get it down to at least $60-80 to feel reasonable. My tastes are kind of all over the place if that isn't obvious.

Also I'm very confused by Dying Light. Enhanced Edition The Following includes the following dlc and the base game, and that is the only way to buy the base game? Is that right? It really doesn't help that The Following DLC gets more ad space than the base game on my store front but also says it requires Dying Light The Following Enhanced Edition to run.

Gah everytime I try to remove a few games I end up removing them all. Maybe I should just not buy anything.

kater fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 5, 2017

kater
Nov 16, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

are you going to read it all in the next month or so? If not, wait for the winter sale.

I decided to take this advice to the furthest extent possible and pared my huge list down to just What Remains of Edith Finch and Wolfenstein. Because I want to play both of them immediately, right now. I still want the others, but the feeling is less direct.

Thanks a buncho.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Trip Report: What Remains of Edith Finch is the most innovative shooter I've played in years.

So this game was a delight. I'm not even sure what to type about it because I knew very little about it going in and think that was a benefit. Like I'm even hesitant to call it a fantasy game, just for how good and immediate the moment that switch flip is. The concept itself is kind of shocking once you realize what it is doing. It's alllllmost too much but I think the game mostly earns everything. Maybe an ounce too far once or twice. My only complaint is that it feels a few stories shorter than it should be when it ends.

This is also probably the first walking simulator I can see myself replaying. The game is that consistent and sharp that doing it all again would still feel fresh. It has a chapter select too but that feels like cheating.

Also it's $15 on sale for like 2.5 hours max so... yeah. Do your own maths on that. I'm sure it'll be cheaper and put into a bunch of bundles and whatever, but I'm still glad I played it.

Hmmm, I think I've successfully said almost nothing at all. It is a good game.

Oh I forgot the most important thing, it is fun. Like, actually fun. A walking simulator that aims to be fun. That might be a spoiler. I'll tag it.

kater fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jul 5, 2017

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I got Dark Souls 2 via Humble Bundle. When do I need to cancel that? Does it renew the second you get your games?

It renews the week before games go out. Last Friday of a month. You can probably cancel right now if you've already bought July.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Looks like the discount on Now You See Me 2 is ending alongside the rest of the sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Every time I see doom taking up 90 gig I want to delete it, don't care how good it is supposed to be.

• Locked thread