Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bolivar posted:

The "new" Torment is -50%, not sure about buying though...

I've heard so many varied opinions on that but they basically boil down to pretty solid spiritual successor but the game writing made it clear what is the 'correct' path despite being offered choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Awesome! posted:

every sale i almost buy pillars of eternity and then i dont. maybe this time i will

Did you like BG2, NWN2, Kotor 2 and other isometrics? Then yes buy that game 100% and get the expansions too. It takes it time introducing the lore and some of the mechanics are kind of tricky to get at first if you are used to other D&D style systems but once you figure it out you get a pretty great story with some really good combat. One of the most difficult things to get used to is how engagement works but thankfully Eder, the first major NPC you get is the best by far at it. Another is how magical combat is a mix of CC, single target damage, and buffs all taking advantage of one stat or another so you can spec a high str low int wizard and still run the tables once you've mastered the mechanics.

• Locked thread