Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

Xaris posted:

Dishonored 2 50% off - $20

:eyepop:

thats the good poo poo

now to wait till steam actually lets me buy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

Heffer posted:

Any opinions on MORDHEIM: CITY OF THE DAMNED? I love XCOM and am moderately friendly with the Warhammer universe. Reviews are high-mixed.

That game is RNG turned up to 11 but you love XCOM so that wouldnt be a problem for you I guess. Its an ok game for 10 bux

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
FO4 is poo poo which is mitigated through mods. MEA is just plain ol poo poo

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

Char posted:

Ok, I need some goon opinions here.
I've bought pretty much everything I wanted - well, almost. I revised my cart more than once.
There's room for a final 20-25€ game.
There's three competing games left. Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny and Divinity: Original Sin.
Which one did you prefer and why?

in my opinion:

Pillars: Characters are well written but voice acting isnt very good overall, story/writing is bleh, lots of exposition that didnt engage me at all, combat starts good but becomes bland because there is a poo poo ton of combat in that loving game
Tyranny: The main NPCs are really well written and voice acted. The characters in your party are the blandest crap. Story/writing is pretty good, lots of choices and multiple playthroughs are needed to see them all. Combat is better than pillars but theres a lot of it and becomes a chore rather quickly
Divinity: Characters arent really interesting, story/writing is maximum tongue in cheek, combat is the best one of the three, its turn based with lots of different synergies between the classes and the fights are spaced out in a better way and are more rewarding than in the other games.

I had the most fun with Divinity

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

Rookersh posted:

I like Dead State! I made two posts about it in the Steam thread, but figured I should bring them up here now that I know this is here.

I liked Dead State as well, but sadly only got to see a glimpse of the depth of its systems because the insufferably long waiting times in battles with lots of enemies made me quit :(

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

Nettle Soup posted:

The translators for this are/were goons, haven't seen them about in a while though. It's good game as long as you don't look at the mechanics too deeply.

The translation for that game is really good. Those goons did a great job

I recommend recettear as well, even for people who have a low anime tolerance (like me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

Mystic Stylez posted:

I know this is highly subjective, but recommend me games with awesome soundtracks. I don't care which genre or category, as long as the game itself is at least decent.

Some random examples: Fallout 1/2, Deus Ex, Hotline Miami 1/2, Brigador, Shatter, Bastion, VVVVVV, STALKER series.

Endless legend
Endless space 2
Starcrawlers
Stardew valley
Final fantasy X

• Locked thread