Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Jesus christ, I've never been so PUMPED for this year! I want to go BIG and grab the Resident Evil 7 deluxe edition but Steam and PayPal's traffic is going bananas and I pray to god the price goes EVEN LOWER!

So I've got RE7 and the DeadRising triple bundle in my cart, does anyone have good recommendations for action, shooter, or story games? I don't want to go overbudget though.

It sucks Friday the 13th and the new Dishonored are at full price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Xaris posted:

?? No it's not. Dishonored 2 is 50% off for $20 buck a roos and a steal

I meant Death of the Outsider, I'm pretty excited for that. That reminds me, I should check if Prey goes lower.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
GODDAMMIT I REALLY WANT Resident Evil 7 right now! But it's still $60 on sale and it's going to kill my wallet for sure. Any chance will this go lower or do I have to wait it out next year?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

mike12345 posted:

All the Pinball FX tables are on sale, some of them at 75% discount. Grabbed Balls of Glory, was looking forward to that one.

Personally, I'd give that a pass, even if each table is less than a buck. If you picked up the Humble Zen Bundles a couple or so years ago, they covered about 75% of all the DLC.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Just checking a couple of things, is Valve no longer doing flash sales or daily deals?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Zore posted:

No, they haven't for years now because of their refund system.

What you see is what you get for the sale.

Awww poo poo, that means RE7 won't go lower. :negative:

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I've heard plenty of good stuff about Planet Coaster and I really want to check it out. It's 33% off but the price still feels just a little costly for me, should I take a chance?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Samuringa posted:

I'd like some opinions on my cart, just in case:

DOOM - Unless there's something abysmal about this that I don't know, there's no way I'll take it out of the list, I've been waiting for it to go on sale for a while

DOOM is totally worth it for the campaign and arcade modes ALONE, you'll have a good time with that. Also DOOM 3 BFG is pretty good if you don't want to waste extra cash on buying all 3 DOOM games separately...unless you're into DosBox.

I'd also recommend Dishonored, the Poker Night games, Shadow Warrior, and Bayonetta.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
You know what's really sad?

Almost all of these games are on huge discounts on Steam...but Overwatch is STILL full price. :(

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Just paid for all of my wonderful expensive games IN BITCOIN! Now I can have fun with Prey, RE7, MGSV, Talos, and Dead Rising without killing my wallet!

Cryptocurrency IS THE FUTURE, all you goons were WRONG! HA HA HA! YOSPOS BITCH!

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

OK, now I need the thread's advice:

Resident Evil VII or PREY?

Things to note:

1) I am a scaredy-cat who had trouble with Amnesia (and still haven't gone back after nope-ing out) so if things are all jump-scares and nervous tension I am right out

2) I am a terrible shot and actually pretty bad at hitting what I'm aiming at, as I grew up a console gamer.

3) Games with respawning enemies can gently caress right off, I'm not playing them. If I clear a room, it needs to stay cleared.

REVII looks like it might be too scary for me, but PREY sounds super-difficult with constantly running out of ammo?

Which of these games are better for a single playthrough? I never, ever, ever play games a second time, but I am all-in for tearing my ticket and taking the ride once-through?

From the gameplay I've seen, RE7 is great for survival stuff, also I think it tries to be more subtle with its jumpscares and creepy atmosphere. Prey looks like a fun action game with crafting and cool abilities, and if you're into sci-fi games you'll totally dig this.

Prey is slightly cheaper too, but take your pick.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Not sure how into Pinball you guys are, but PinballFX's stuff is STEEPLY discounted (even the brand-new stuff, fuckin' Bethesda pack didn't go more than 10% off in Winter, it's 30% off here, and it's the newest one.

The South Park pack is 74¢, and the Butters table is one of my favorites of them all. Alien pinball for $4 is dope too

I guess I might bite the bullet and pick up the rogue one table, not sure about the bethesda pack though.

Paranormal is one of my favourite tables, probably because it's easy to get to the mansion backglass minigame and get a bunch of extra balls and millions of points.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Quick question, is Hollow Knight just a ripoff of Shovel Knight?

Another quick question, is Shovel Knight cheaper and should I pick that up instead?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Friend me on steam and I will send you the South Park table (or a 75¢ table of your choice, but seriously, that butters table is amazing)

If you can get me the Rogue One table, that'd be great.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
By the way, anyone buying games just for trading cards...you people are a joke.

If you're really that desperate to make your summer sale badges, I know I have over 20 cards myself, just go to the marketplace like everyone else and get it over with. The Discovery Queue doesn't even help you anymore because you'll only get 2 cards per day.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Please forgive me lord...but I purchased Mighty No. 9 on sale. I understand that this was a grave mistake.

I swear it was only part of a Deep Silver bundle, there were only two games left and I yearned to complete it. If I really wanted it that bad, I'd just buy a cheap key from G2A.

I do hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive my sins, father. Amen.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Substandard posted:

This implies that you also bought / own Homefront: The Revolution, which to me seems like the more grievous error.

You know that game's a greater sin because you can't even access the main menu. :negative:

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

too much dead rat posted:

I don't think they're terrible but I'd still say skip the season pass. You'll get plenty of playtime with the core game and if you're screaming for more Fallout 4 by the winter sale (unlikely), they'll still be there.

Edit: Forgot about the terrible workshop DLC, which are all bad.

That reminds me, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition is 75% off, just get that one instead.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

PantsBandit posted:

Counter-opinion: Fallout 4 is good and fun as long as you don't have a ton of expectations about the game it's supposed to be and just enjoy it for what it is.

Fair enough, if you get bored and you're handy with the console, you can spawn a ton of weapons, armor, and items and be crazy overpowered.

Also best of all, you can mod the game FOR FRE- oh wait...nevermind.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Okay thread, I got a challenge for ya.

I'm looking for some fun or decent action and platformer games, bundles are allowed, and the total cost should be 8 bucks or less.

Hit me with your best shot!

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Quest For Glory II posted:

If you don't own shovel knight yet, you could try Spectre of Torment standalone at $8. bare in mind that buying the shovel knight treasure trove gets you all of the additional campaigns though

I bought Hollow Knight previously so I thought Shovel Knight might be worth a look too, but the treasure trove price is TOO HIGH, it's a bummer there isn't a standard version anymore.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Justin_Brett posted:

I bought Giga Wrecker since it had fairly positive reviews, and in the first proper dungeon after the tutorials I came to a puzzle where you need to knock down debris to make your way up to a platform with a mandatory terminal. But no matter where I whack it at, or how I approach it, it doesn't come close. If that's what it has at the beginning I don't think I want to bother seeing what's at the end.

WOW that looks fun! And it's from GAME FREAK!? :what:

Okay I know what games to buy, but can't decide which ones to spend right now.

I'm trying to stick to my budget and I have to choose between Giga Wrecker, or Circa Infinity and RIVE. Which one should I go for?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Is Quantum Break actually fun?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Haydee, yay or nay?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

SelenicMartian posted:

What's Disney Infinity like?

Reality Winner posted:

It's Skylanders. I know a 5 year old who loves it but I wouldn't expect it to hold much interest for anyone older than a tween.

If you want to know what it's like without buying and hoarding all those crappy non-amiibo figurines, you can get it for $10, not that you're missing much.

I really want to buy the disney afternoon collection, but even the sale price is asking a bit much. :(

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Okay, I made up my mind and these are definitely the last games I buy this summer sale.

- Giga Wrecker
- Stories: The Path of Destinies
- Distance
- LucasArts Adventure Pack

I really want to add a couple of good shmups to my list, even if they are a bunch of japanese indie ones, anyone know some good ones?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Okay, just added Ikaruga, Crimzon Clover, and Bleed 2 to my cart (didn't even know there was a sequel). Can't wait to play these soon! :D

I've punished my wallet long enough, it can rest easy now...

until NEXT YEAR! :twisted:

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Oh goddammit, FINE! Just ONE MORE game!

Dark Souls 2 or 3?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

The Saddest Rhino posted:

isn't this the game where the protag is a featureless robot with an incredibly fine butt

Yes but I want to know if it's a good game or not.

axeil posted:

Have you already played 1? 3 is sort of a direct sequel to 1 with...very obvious references to stuff that happens in 1 while 2 is more of a spin-off/alternate universe. They're both good though, if you like the series you'll be happy with either I think.

Haven't played 1 yet...or Demon's Souls for that matter. I heard they're supposed to be drat good so I'm just getting into them now.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I just downloaded Prey yesterday and was so geared up to play it...then there was a loving CryEngine error the moment I started playing! :negative:

How the gently caress do I fix this!?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I really want to check out Everspace 'cause it looks cool, but it's only 20% OFF. Is it worth risking it now or should I wait until it goes lower?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I am tempted to buy the Friday The 13th game, although I've never been a fan of those movies (I'm a Nightmare on Elm Street guy) but it looks fun! I'm willing to trade my steam gifts for it but I don't think they'll even cover the full cost for the game :(

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I've tried buying Car parking lot cards but the servers are always goddamn busy! :argh:

Also I have some keys if anyone wants them.

8XKJ8-NTB08-J7FA4

QYYVQ-07MVI-5BRPN

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I'd love to buy NieR: Automata but I don't think 30% is cheap enough, hopefully it'll get slightly lower in the winter sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Mafia 3 is a bad game as this man says. Do not pay money for Mafia 3.

You should only buy Mafia 3 when it's 80% off or higher, you don't deserve to be ripped off at full price.

• Locked thread