Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I wish Valve still made video games.

to be fair they haven't made a good game since 2004 who's to say they'd be able to knock off that layer of rust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

PORTAL WASN'T VALVE IT WAS THE DIGITECH TEAM THAT MADE NARBACULAR DROP SHUT UP

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Reality Winner posted:

um dota 2, hello

I rest my case

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ok steam thread help me pick 3:
-devil may cry 4 special edition - $12.50
-shadow warrior 2 - $24
-furi - $10
-dragon's dogma - $12
-superhot -$15
-enter the gungeon - $7.50
-assassin's creed syndicate - $20
-wolfenstein the old blood - $10

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

This is a bizarre request, but are there any good "trading" games? What I mean is that I recently reinstalled the old Pirates Of the Caribbean game and have just been running back forth between islands trading goods and making profits. For some stupid reason, this is fun to me.

I've got the X series but I've never been able to get into it because of its slow startups. Freelancer would be cool but it's not on Steam. Anyone tried Windward? It looks like Pirates! but not half as good and unfinished.
you might like elite: dangerous, it's about a 75/25 split between the X series and Freelancer. Problem is, once you've done one trading mission you've seen what every single trading mission has to offer. It's also got a bunch of other types of missions! Except, once you've done one of each of them, you've also seen everything they have to offer.

I have no idea if it's on steam sale though so this may be a moot point

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Rirse posted:

Is Andromeda even going to get DLC? It just flat fell off the face of the earth after everyone saw how ugly everyone faces were.

reports were coming out a couple of weeks ago that the branch of bioware responsible for andromeda had been downsized and any future mass effect projects put on hold so aside from token dlcs being put out for the multiplayer it's looking unlikely

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Xaris posted:

I haven't followed anything about ME since 3 and only looked at hilarious ME:A .gifs, but I was pretty much under the impression that Bioware was largely gutted even prior to Andromeda and mostly brought in lot of inexperienced fresh blood to make it. I guess now even the remnants have been laid off?

there were two bioware studios: montreal (I think) that was the main, large studio that's currently working on their next major title Anthem, and edmonton which was a small branch that worked mainly on mass effect 3 multiplayer before they were tasked with making andromeda.

edit: got the locations swapped, edmonton is the main studio, montreal is the backup. normally I lump kotaku in with buzzfeed style journalism but they actually have a decent post mortem article about it http://kotaku.com/the-story-behind-mass-effect-andromedas-troubled-five-1795886428

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 26, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hostess with the Moltres posted:

I don't have a controller to use with PC and when I run overwatch on my laptop (only computer) sometimes I get lag when the ping shoots up. Also Hyper Light Drifter lags a ton for me even though it was working ok before for some reason. Should I buy Nier: Automata?

I wouldn't worry about the performance issues too, too much with nier but the mouse control in it during the 2D twinstick sessions is so hosed up to be a hair's breadth from unplayable and framerate problems would make it worse, so I can't recommend it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

PantsBandit posted:

Are there any games like Muramasa/Odin Sphere on steam?

there's that deviantart-rear end looking dust: an elysian tail game i think

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

never check anything :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't know anything about the ff5 or 6 ports except they are as ugly as sin

• Locked thread