Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Flaggy posted:

Shadows of Mordor for 4 bucks a no brainer?

Yep, but check to see what the GOTY edition is. Should be around 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

PantsBandit posted:

Meant to post this here and accidentally posted it in the general thread. Whoops!

How's Wildlands for coop? Is it entertaining enough to be worth $40 if I'm just looking for something to play while I shoot the poo poo with one or two buds?

It's bland. Nothing like the original Ghost Recons. I would wait further for it to drop to $19-29. If you haven't played Borderlands 2 or the PreSequel that would be way more fun with your buds.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Quest For Glory II posted:

Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed sales make no sense anymore

Unity is $20 the same price as Syndicate. no one even likes Unity and its the previous game what in the heck.

rogue is $10 even though it came out the same time as unity simply because it was made in black flag's engine i guess? but then freedom cry is $7.49 which is a standalone expansion of black flag. freedom cry is like 4-5 hours but it's only 2.50 cheaper than Rogue, a full game

worst thing is, these were the same prices on UPlay's summer sale too

It seems to be like this across the board. It's like someone just entered a bunch of random numbers. Buy the Shadows of Mordor GOTY edition for $3.99. But wait, if you want to upgrade your vanilla copy to the GOTY edition, it's 9.99. Call of Duty Blops 3 is $29.99. All it's DLC is only 20% off at $39.99. Meanwhile, Ghosts, an inferior game and released 4 years ago, is $39.99 for the vanilla copy.

These prices are not making any sense what so ever.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

PantsBandit posted:

My problem with Borderlands is it's so completely mindless and all the difficulty is artificial. There's no strategy other than "charge in and shoot, wait for shields to regen" and zero gameplay variety.

Apparently at the new game + level you have to start using elemental stuff more but even that seems like a lame way to increase difficulty.

Yeah I can agree. It's the same/worse in Ghost Recon though. I really wish we had more games coming out like the original Ghost Recon's or Rainbow Six. The 2-4 player coop where strategy was a must was a lot of fun.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Junior Jr. posted:

GODDAMMIT I REALLY WANT Resident Evil 7 right now! But it's still $60 on sale and it's going to kill my wallet for sure. Any chance will this go lower or do I have to wait it out next year?

If you have the chance to play RE7 in VR, do it. I have never been the same when it comes to horror games now. It was SO intense.

• Locked thread