Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The fun is either over or doesn't work on mobile. Just finished my queue on my phone and got a single card.

The extra cards were for voting in the Steam Awards thing during the last sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

my back pages posted:

Are there any really highly recommended multiplayer (online coop) games on sale? My friend and I are lookin' for a new game. We've played stuff like Stellaris, Terraria, Factorio and Don't Starve Together and all that already and enjoyed them.

Broforce is $3.74 if you haven't played it. It's not really similar to any of the games you listed, but it's definitely worth the current asking price, even if you can 100% it in 10-11 hours. Hammerwatch is $2. A friend and I played through both of the campaigns and it took about 21 hours. They're both pretty good games with good online co-op. Risk of Rain is $2.49 and has a great soundtrack, but I don't think its coop is quite as good as the previous two games--we had some syncing issues here and there.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

my back pages posted:

Thanks!

We played Broforce and found it was a bit "much." We played Hammerwatch as well and found it neat enough. We've never played Risk of Rain--I'll check it out!

Risk of Rain is definitely harder than both of the other games. Depending on what you found to be a bit much about Broforce, it might be even worse for you, since it gets really hectic in later levels. Are there any coop games you've played recently that you've enjoyed? I'm basically in the same boat as you.

edit: Xaris, I thought the same thing for the first few hours of playing, but after my friend and I got more comfortable with the game, we could occasionally split up and ransack the entirety of each level before having to worry about making it to the exit. A lot of your freedom does depend on item luck, though. I don't think the time limit is that bad, and as someone who also enjoys chilling and just exploring games, I could still enjoy Risk of Rain.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 22, 2017

• Locked thread