Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

DLC Inc posted:

hoping for Dead Cells/Vanquish sales but not sure how likely that will be. Wish Fire Pro launched in this timeframe but oh well, 10 dollah Bayo let's do this

WinGameStore is currently selling Dead Cells for 29% (redeem on Steam) off so I'm hopefully for a Steam 33% off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Is Dungeon Souls any good?" Or is the tag line just bunch of mish-mash comparing itself to actual good games?

Butter Hole posted:

I like exploration focused games and the environment does seem pretty cool. I didn't want a straight up shooter, I just didn't expect that to actively detract from the gameplay. Maybe once I unlock some more powers I'll get into it more.

Prey gets a ton better once you unlock powers and find the various weapons. Make sure to explore! You can get a lot of stuff early by looking around.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Dial A For Awesome posted:

OK goons, am eyeing up the following games and would welcome any advice/views on the following:

Mad Max: This is pretty cheap and looks like another open world option.

With Mad Max how burned out are you on Batman style combat? And how much did you love the Fury Road movie?

Cause I absolute loved Mad Max. The story, the location, the graphics, and the car driving are all great. If you can hold off on absolutely OCDing over doing every side mission there is a small grind: some mission parts are locked behind threat level that needs to be lowered by taking out camps/towers/convoys but towers/convoys are absolute blast to take out. The camp combat is serviceable but nothing special. The story is pure Road Warrior-isk especially towards the end and works as a prequel to Fury Road. And for a place that is mostly desert there are a ton of different locals/unique camps scattered all over the map that really feel like people trying to make it in a wasteland (just only do camps that have a historical relic in them). Driving feels really good and in short order you get a harpoon, a rocket launcher (the Thunderpoon), and a shotgun to take out other vehicles along with ramming in a completely customized car.

So yeah for $5 go for it and play until you get bored or end up doing all the convoys.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
How is Redout if I'm looking for something to hit that F-Zero GX niche?

• Locked thread