Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Edmond Dantes posted:

Man, I have too much poo poo to buy this time. I'm gonna have to budget and prioritise. :(

It's easier said then done, but if you can group your wanted games into one of the following categories, only buy the ones in the first category this sale, and buy the ones in the second during the winter sale:
1. "I'm definitely going to play this within the next 6 months!!!"
2. "I really want to play this, but not sure that I'll get to it in the next 6 months"

Otherwise you'll get a massive backlog (or make your existing one larger), and most likely run out of time to play them all :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

fuf posted:

what time does it start usually?

The sale starts at 10AM PST (Valve local time), or in about 4.5 hours from now.
The store's functionality usually starts about 1.5 hours after that, as it NEVER can manage the traffic.
The thread will be inundated with pages and pages of posts complaining the store's not up, and also a sprinkling of posts mocking Gaben spending too much $ on knives/hamburgers and not enough on store page servers.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

twistedmentat posted:

Thanks Activision

I am tempted to grab Mafia III, but not like I have time to play it now, and it will probably be on sale even cheaper near the end of the year, which is probably when I'd get to play it. Everything else I'd want to play is either not on sale yet (Total War Warhammer, Xcom 2) or isn't cheap enough for me to buy (Tyranny, Torment)

It will only get cheaper, so hold off for now.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

-Blackadder- posted:

Thanks, this is definitely a good start.

- Hero Siege: Switched to the cheap ($0.83) base game to see if I end up liking it first.
- Street Fighter X Tekken: I think the bad reviews are due to GFWL but there are patches that fix it apparently, and the discount was hard to pass up.
- QUBE Director's Cut: Removed
- Bad Company 2 Complete: Switched to base game. Thanks for catching that Vietnam was only multiplayer, I missed that.
- Medal of Honor: Removed

New subtotal: $171.32

e:

It's really that bad? drat, I wanted a Street Fighter game. Is Street Fighter V still hot garbage also? Ah well, I guess I can save the money for MvC: Infinite.

SFxT: Removed

New subtotal: $155.73

It's easier said then done, but if you can group your wanted games into one of the following categories, only buy the ones in the first category this sale, and buy the ones in the second during the winter sale:
1. "I'm definitely going to play this within the next 6 months!!!"
2. "I really want to play this, but not sure that I'll get to it in the next 6 months"

Otherwise you'll get a massive backlog (or make your existing one larger), and most likely run out of time to play them all :(

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Quest For Glory II posted:

Nova-111, Dragon Fin Soup, Highrise Heroes and One Finger Death Punch in this bundle

https://www.indiegala.com/friday

Yeah, I just came to the thread to see if anyone posted this yet.
Highrise Heroes is a good word-find-based game, and many a goon likes One Finger Deathpunch. I don't know much about Dragon Fin Soup, but it has mixed reviews on Steam.

Edit: on another note, Bundlestars has a deal on Monster Slayers (Complete Ed.) - it's a deck-building game with good reviews. The price (which is lower than Steams price) also includes all the DLC. And you get an additional 5% off with RED5 code.
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/monster-slayers-complete-edition

http://store.steampowered.com/app/496620/Monster_Slayers/

Edit #2 - VVV beaten! VVV

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 30, 2017

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

a helpful bear posted:

Anyone know the consensus on whether the season pass pack is worth it for $12.49? I heard it may be the only way to kill hitler (in this game). I have never played SE games before but like the idea of them. Base SE 3 is $5.99 versus $4.99 for Sniper Elite V2 and $30 for Sniper Elite 4.

E: I guess I could get base game + hitler mission for $5 more but that's $11 anyway.

The additional DLC varies from additional weapons, rifle skins, char models (good for any MP/co-op you want to play), and 3 missions (each one being a separate DLC) with 1 being the kill Hitler one. I enjoyed all 3 missions, but then again I love the game. The additional weapons I never really tried, so I can't comment on those.
I think the Season pass includes everything.
If you're on a budget, maybe the base game + Hitler mission might be a good option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

-Blackadder- posted:

Rampage Knights or Lost Castle?

I remember playing Rampage Knights when it first came out, and in co-op it was horrible. It was balls-hard, and my co-op buddy and I kept dying by falling off the map. It might have been early access back then, and gotten better, but I only remember it being zero fun.

• Locked thread