Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Antti posted:

I still think it's refunds wot did them in.

You could still do daily sales though even with refunds.

All they would need to do is not discount the game until it's the daily, do the 80% off for 12 hours or whatever and then put it at 50% off the rest of the sale. Problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Man you should've just made the title of this thread Summer Sales 2017: THERE ARE NO DAILY DEALS, BUY BUY BUY

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Does anyone have a list of somewhat short (10 or so hours long) story driven games? Preferably first person?

Just looking for some games that I can finish over a weekend as I'm terrible at resuming games if I've stopped playing for a few days.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

exquisite tea posted:

How story-based are we talking about here? If you want the full-on walking sim experience then Gone Home, Firewatch, and What Remains of Edith Finch can all be completed in a few hours at most and have pretty involving stories.

I really enjoyed firewatch so I'll check out the others, thanks.

I do have consortium but haven't tried it yet so I'll give that a go.

I really enjoyed call of Juarez gunslinger so more like that would be great as well.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Dead cells might be my goty and I'm really excited to see what they add. I'm terrible at it, and have about 15 hours played. Even though I have some bug that makes the game stutter every few seconds that they can't seem to fix I still end up playing a few runs every night.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Is Deadly Premonition still a crashing mess on pc like the reviews make it out to be?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Sacred Cow posted:

I'm on the fence about getting Thumper. Are there any reasons to avoid it? I'm a huge Brian Gibson fan so I'm already used to his style of "rhythm".

It takes a while to get challenging but it's a blast once it does. Also, if you have VR it's suppose to be pretty great on that.

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jun 30, 2017

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

OhFunny posted:

I'd like a game I can turn my mind off and listen to music/Youtube and just grind out levels and/or loot.

I do have a good amount of the good ARPGs already. Diablo 3, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Titans Quest Anniversary, Victor Vran, Borderlands 1 & 2.

These aren't arpg in the least, but my go to youtube/twitch watching games are

Elite: Dangerous

Euro Truck or American Truck Sim

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Mystic Stylez posted:

I know this is highly subjective, but recommend me games with awesome soundtracks. I don't care which genre or category, as long as the game itself is at least decent.

Some random examples: Fallout 1/2, Deus Ex, Hotline Miami 1/2, Brigador, Shatter, Bastion, VVVVVV, STALKER series.

I've never played the game however I've listened to the soundtrack to neotokyo a lot.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Antti posted:

And you can download it for free, or pay if you want to.

It's been almost ten years, I hope Ed Harrison does something, anything else.

Well you are in luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL5zFa7RL4w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Stardew valley is on sale, definitely pick that up if you don't already have it!

• Locked thread