Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Anyone know anything about Nex Machina or Salmon Ninja? The former especially looks cool but I've never heard anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Awesome! posted:

i have nex machina on ps4, what would you like to know about it?

How do the controls feel? It's hard to tell from the video. Did you like the game?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Keep in mind that the meat boy guy's new platformer comes out July 12.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Awesome! posted:

housemarque knows how to make twin stick shooters. it controls well and is fast and fun and looks great. there are a surprising number of secrets and poo poo as you go through each world too.

the only thing ive seen people complain about is the beam you cant dodge through later on. i dont find it that bad though.
Cool, will probably pick this one up! Been itching for a good twin-stick since (old) crimsonland.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

What has changed in darkest dungeon? I played for awhile at launch and it was very atmospheric and cool-seeming, but also extremely shallow. You'd pretty much seen everything by level 2-3 and it was just doing the same things over and over - very much a style over substance game. Has that been addressed at all?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Fallout New Vegas is definitely better than fallout 3. I dunno about far cry 4.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Caved and bought prey. Review so far: it is a system shock game, as promised.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Tulip posted:

Furi DLC is just the soundtrack. You can listen to it for free here. The music does a lot to drive the game, so if you don't like songs like "You're Mine" and "Wisdom of Rage" you'll probably not have a great time.

It's a handful of pretty interesting boss fights with a cool story and music that I loved, so I had a great time with it. The first boss fight is just a tutorial, so it's not much to judge the game on, while the 2nd boss isn't very challenging. The 3rd-9th bosses were super satisfying, some of the most fun fights I've had in gaming.

There actually is proper DLC with some new things in it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

You posted a list of 20 games and I haven't heard of a single one of them so I hope they're fun. (Okay I guess I heard about wuppo like a page ago.)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Probottt posted:

Are Final Fantasy 5 and 6 worth getting on Steam? I've got a hankering to play 5 and I would love to play 6 but I've also heard that the Steam versions of both are kind of hit-or-miss.
Just play the roms, it's legal as long as you delete them within 24 hours.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

You still get to play dark souls after you begrudgingly installing the fan patch.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Ulio posted:

Any real good hard rear end games on the summer sale? I love stuff like Xcom/Dark Souls/Dmc4, also platformers like VVVVVVV, super meat boy or other rogue likes like rogue galaxy/binding of isaac. Whatever the genre or if the game has good hard difficulty. If its its on sale please recommend me.

Meat boy guy is releasing a new platformer in like, 2 weeks.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Oh definitely play furi. It will kick your rear end. Nier Automata is a good game but...the combat is pretty lackluster at least by platinum standards. It's adequate for it's needs but there's not much depth there.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Styx is actually a stealth game with rpg elements. I'm not that far in but I liked what I played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Chobayt posted:

Anyone have anything to say about my picks from the Humble Store sale before I go ahead and pull the trigger?

Monstrum
TIS-100
Space Pirates and Zombies
Hammerwatch
Eldritch
A.I. War Collection
Sproggiwood

$21.98

Any recommendations/words of caution appreciated.

TIS-100 is great but I clicked with the followup, Shenzhen IO a lot more. I mean, they are both puzzle games that involve writing assembly language code so, uhh, only buy them if that appeals to you in some way. I find them awesome.

Sproggiwood is a cute as hell roguelike made by a goon. Their other game is "Caves of Qud" if you want something grittier but they're both quite good.

• Locked thread