Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe

atholbrose posted:

Oh, hey, Neo ATLAS is on sale... I'm actually really pleased about that. I've had that on my wishlist for a while.

I'd like to know if it's worth it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

This is a bizarre request, but are there any good "trading" games? What I mean is that I recently reinstalled the old Pirates Of the Caribbean game and have just been running back forth between islands trading goods and making profits. For some stupid reason, this is fun to me.

I've got the X series but I've never been able to get into it because of its slow startups. Freelancer would be cool but it's not on Steam. Anyone tried Windward? It looks like Pirates! but not half as good and unfinished.

Try Spice Road or Port Royale 2 for trading games.

Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe

funakupo posted:

Princess Maker 3 is out, though as usual DL is messed up so give it a couple hours.

Of note it's 20% discounted and also offers further discount for those who own other PM games

http://store.steampowered.com/app/650110/Princess_Maker_3_Fairy_Tales_Come_True/

Holy crap, thanks!

Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe
Would anyone recommend Wuppo for people not that into Metroidvanias?

Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe

Seeric posted:

I had completely forgotten about this game because it's been a while since I last played it and I haven't finished it yet, but I remember liking it a lot. It sort of oozes with a disgusting amount of charm. I think it's worth getting even if you don't like Metroidvanias, though that might depend on just what you don't like about Metroidvanias and to what degree. Even though there's some exploration and backtracking involved, a lot of the progression is based around puzzles and NPC interactions; it feels oddly similar to an adventure game in some ways. There's not much in the way of combat against normal enemies, but there are a lot of boss fights.

Wuppo is honestly just a very strange game and doesn't feel too similar to anything else that I can think of. There's a lot to like even if you're not a fan of Metroidvanias, though if you're really on the fence about it I'd honestly recommend checking out the demo or watching an uncut gameplay video of the first few minutes.

Sold!

• Locked thread