Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Turd Herder posted:

I'm excited for the sale. Whats the 1 game you all seem to be waiting to buy this sale?
I will totally buy up Dead Rising 2 OTR when it is 85% off this sale for being so old and not discounted 60% like those other sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I was making fun of it being so resistant to a large discount for being so old. I'll get it anyway.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Tuesday already?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think I saw Dead Rising 2 OTR at 75% for $5.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Mandatory Assembly posted:

I had the exact same experience. Try and stop yourself from using the DLC runes, because they trivialize the combat at the start of the game.
I think one of the DLC and only good one was the extra long bullet time with elf shot.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Shadow225 posted:

You may also enjoy Chroma Squad. I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but it looks fresh.
I heard they are getting around to updating the PC version for current owners to match the ports.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

e: ^^^ Yes. MGSV is STILL a great game, even after Konami tried to ruin it.

I have never played that game, but you are literally the first person I've ever seen with something negative to say about that game.
More like Kojima couldn't finish anything in time.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

No, I mean that after launch they patched in a bunch of hosed up and bad poo poo. Like there was a gun to research that took 72 hours. Real-time. In-game. Not one of those "72 hours but even when you're not playing it counts down" things. Literally 72 hours in-game. That wouldn't have even been okay had it been in at launch, but the fact that it came out after I was 90% done with the game and you can't cancel research so I was STUCK with that in a slot is bad. And then the microtransactions and the Clash Of Clans style base stuff that they slowly shifted emphasis onto.

It launched an incomplete piece of poo poo with some of the best core gameplay mechanics of the year. But they made it into a disgusting product that was an insult to Kojima's overambitious work on the thing.

And, all that said, it's STILL a loving phenomenal game.
I put in about 500 hours and did lots of invasions strictly to kill their guys permanently, so I didn't see the issue. God, those fifth plus set of bases taking days for each upgrade sucked. 100% is a bitch no matter what game you play. Kojima did his best to put his name and himself (and in my MB) all over the game as a constant reminder, and still had a Metal Gear that did nothing, lost the other one, and lost out on one or two missions for a third fight with Sally going all out on it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Are people who got all the summer cards before the fix still getting more cards?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Quest For Glory II posted:

Rogue Legacy IS floaty and also a disappointing garbage pile
Not really. Just very grindy and the hit boxes are weird.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Pain of Mind posted:

Left for Dead 2 - cheaper than a drink at a restaurant, does anyone still play it?
Shadow of Mordor - cheap

Any thoughts on the above games?
L4D2 is given away these days and I think everyone moved on since then. Payday 2 is like zombies with guns and RPG elements. Very bloated with DLC.

Get the Shadow of Mordor bundle. The DLC stuff is optional and sometimes cheesy. Prepares you for when Shadow of War bundles with 20 DLC next year.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

i can still taste him posted:

I went to go buy Victor Vran and ended up adding a bunch of cheapies:

Sid Meier's Pirates!
Aquaria
Limbo
Solar 2
Gundemonium Recollection
Overlord II
A Story About My Uncle
Volgarr the Viking
Cook, Serve, Delicious!
They Bleed Pixels
To The Moon
Hotline Miami
Thomas Was Alone
Dishonored
Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015: Do You Still Shower With Your Dad haha what?
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians Collector's Edition
Pixel Galaxy
Deathstate
Color Assembler
Shattered Planet
HuniePop
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition
Victor Vran

Edit: Hrm.... guess I've got some work to do. Damned Path of Exile addiction...
Games owned: 309
Games not played: 270 (87%)
Overlord 2 was denied its DLC, so your castle may look barren without an arena. Not a good sequel in any case.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
YMBAB is unbalanced garbage. Grinding won't help you in that game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
7 Days to Die has been at 60% before, but that two pack is a better deal if you get that.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

PantsBandit posted:

$60 for a year old game. I'm poor and hardly ever pay full price for games.
It does have the old game as well.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Probottt posted:

Are Final Fantasy 5 and 6 worth getting on Steam? I've got a hankering to play 5 and I would love to play 6 but I've also heard that the Steam versions of both are kind of hit-or-miss.
The GBA version of FF6 is the best version.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Blattdorf posted:

These will be random as hell, but they're all horror games of various sorts.

Spooky's House of Jumpscares - there's also a paid HD version that includes the DLC as part of the whole package, so definitely pick that one up
Fixed your link
It is amazing considering there is a free version. Plenty of ways to die and you get rewarded for idling for a long time.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Besides the stuff in Before I Play, are there any other things I might need to know about Dead Rising 2 OTR in the beginning? The DLC is dead.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

BigRed0427 posted:

I would say 6, but you might be better off just finding a ROM for the SNES version somewhere.
Then GBA remake fixes the SNES problems that result in bricking saves and adds in new stuff as well.

There is a new version of FF12 coming out so you might as well wait for that.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The main quest in Oblivion somehow stopped working, so I am mad about the base game. Boring and shallow as hell. Check out the Nehrim mod. It is a good game you can play without the hassle of dozens of mods.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Ulio posted:

GTA5 is probably the best GTA story wise since Vice City. Also the gameplay and world is pretty fun. Its not as serious as GTA4 and has lots of fun/whacky stranger missions/side objectives like the old GTA.

Just the story mode alone will get you immense play time. You can easily go over 100 hours because its so fun to just run around in the world and do stupid poo poo. On top of that there is a alive online community for it on PC and there is lots of mods for it.

I originally played it on 360 when it came out but it runs infinitely better on PC.
Good luck ever getting GTA5 on a real sale. Years old and still selling at full price. The SP is abandoned for the cash cow of MP and its hacker issues.
The Saints Row series is crazy all around and go for cheap. GTA is uptight in comparison and you have an actual gang with you, pouring 40s and smoking blunts like a comical gangster.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Toss out every game you didn't wishlist. These should last you until the next sale.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Blattdorf posted:

I didn't even know that. I thought the Hatred controversy was about the game's subject matter.

Shooting up some ISIS soldiers sounded tempting, so I gave the game a try last winter sale and found it fun if somewhat difficult.

People can make up their own minds on this matter.
Sounds like Xander77 already thought for you. They know better.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

RyokoTK posted:

Definitely Red Faction: Guerrilla, the entire game is based around exploding poo poo and it's great.
Agreed. You also get to act out your inner Communist. The game doesn't hide how in the right you are about your actions.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Alien Rope Burn posted:

It's a dogwhistle game. I can see why one might not notice if one isn't actually watching for the red flags associated with that kind of thing, but the reviews section on IS Defense is different than other review sections for definitive reasons, and those reasons really aren't debatable.

quote:

Actual Critic review - CD-Action
Jul 21, 2016
Score 35
I guess there are some things worse than IS Defense, like Ebola, Donald Trump winning the election or Yoko Ono and Britney Spears performing together. I honestly see no reason to play this game. [07/2016, p.75]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
First time I bought a game and started playing it during the sale. I must be really bored.

• Locked thread