Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Sukking in a new succ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
heres the dude running against Randy "Ironstache" Bryce

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

he looks like a nerd

hes a former intel analyst!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
"He just recently moved to Wisconsin." lmfao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
dude will get $5m from the dnc EASY

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
I'm just a regular ex-intel agent who worked as an, uh, landlord.... before becoming an intelligence operative. Just like you folks. I also blog on huffpo. I'm from Ohio, which is basically the same as Wisconsin. Thank u 4 ur vote

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Dairy Days posted:

HES NOT EVEN FROM HERE?

he says hes from ohio, but according to his blogging he lived in florida as of 10/12/2016

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-yankovich/my-experience-taking-my-d_b_12462036.html

My Experience Taking My Daughter To A Hillary Event

By David Yankovich

There are momentous days that are forever remembered by all Americans. These days go into the history books as moments that changed an entire generation and the course of history. June 6th 1944, December 7th 1941, July 4th 1776, September 11th 2001.

October 24th 1996 is not a day historically that most people remember. Nor should it be, it was just another day towards the end of a presidential campaign year; the setting of which was a half-dead rubber city in Ohio.

In my own life, however, this is perhaps one of the most important moments that I have ever lived. You see, this is the day that at ten years old I met First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton in Akron and began my lifelong love of politics and history.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

shes 100% safe thru 2018

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

has anyone asked Ro Khanna about Pelosi yet?

Ro "The Enigma" Khanna

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

KomradeX posted:

The democrats path to success is BUILD MORE BUNKERS

said in the "build more pylons" voice lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

there's tons of reasons to swap out Pelosi that you can make an argument for but fuckin GA-6 is the most candy-rear end one of them all

eh, toss it on the heap

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

we had a chance for a new start with a suck zone free of snotty grousing and you schlemiels threw it all away. tch, typical brenard brothers

i tried my best to lead us toward unity by presenting a candidate that everyone can hate, together...

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Fair warning: I just gave $10 to Randy Bryce, so he'll probably come out against abortion or something soon.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

Anyone got any good articles with ossoffacalypse takes

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/where-can-democrats-win-georgia-6-ossoff-handel/

Democrats have gone 0-for-4 in these races. From an emotional standpoint, the outcomes have been disheartening for Democrats. From an analytical standpoint, however, they’ve ranged between “not bad” and “pretty great” for Democrats as compared with their results from the 2012, 2014 and 2016 elections — consistent with the sorts of results Democrats would expect if they were on track to compete for the House next year.

Good. News. For. Dem. Coin.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

538 posted:

The 2018 midterms will be strange in that a “pretty good” year for Democrats might yield a gain of only 15 seats for the party, whereas a “very good” year — if the political climate is just a few points more Democratic-leaning — could produce a 50-seat swing instead. Because they run the government, Republicans and Trump will have more influence on the macro-level political environment. But Democrats will have at least as much say on the district-level environment based on where they recruit strong candidates instead of giving Republican incumbents a free pass.

"Pretty good year" confirmed.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Venuz Patrol posted:

it's not controversial to say an election in which every seat is up for grabs might be more competitive than the elections in blood red districts that trump handpicked conservatives from

the average house race in 2016/2017/2018 is in a light red district, not a true swing district. if every dem ossoffs they wont come close to taking the house

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

the average house race in 2016/2017/2018 is in a light red district, not a true swing district. if every dem ossoffs they wont come close to taking the house

lets not even consider the fact that we're calling a district that trump won by 1.5 points "blood red" lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

there's a an actual danger in that trump could no poo poo beg for a russia-style regressive tax and all of the inbreds will enact it

We already have capped payroll taxes, friendo.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

that corporate tax isn't like 70% of the share is disgusting

Ummm actually our corporate tax rate is EXTREMELY HIGH *every corporation making more than $10m magicks literally 95% of their income tax bill into a mysterious void via the accounting & lobbying industries* HOW can anyone afford to do business here... *owners are taxed at extremely preferencial capital gains rate* income taxes are CRUSHING innovation! *Trump fires 40% of the IRS*

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Al! posted:

that ad is so ridic i keep looking at it thinking it had to be put out by the opposition

https://davidyankovich.com/

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Zo posted:

why were all the g06 threads closed anyway,? i wonder if they would've been closed if ossoff won lol

theres still one open

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

the joke being that you constantly claim to be a leftist yet post nothing but reasons why left ideas won't work therefore nothing should be done because we're all going to die

the fishmech technique

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Scent of Worf posted:

libs are extremely mad on the internet about @IronStache

oh a rich middle aged white guy is trying to preemptively silence a populist candidate and his supporters, color me shocked

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/877700288609693697

:thunk:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Aurubin posted:

I desperately wanted to reply to this. I saved myself from touching the poop.

I reply to everything, twitter is already trash and the opportunity to anonymously yell at semi-famous idiots is cathartic.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

gotta go to gibbis for actual political discussion these days

strange times

:thunk:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

don't you think at me

we get some actual republicans in there and we actually have to talk to them

how many republicans do you talk to

grandma doesn't count

boy

see now this is why people dont go to gbs

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

Her plan for America was pretty much "write more apps"

Her plan for the rust belt was retraining 50 y/o ex-mill workers to write said apps, lmao.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

oh this gets funnier

he supported bernie in the primaries

https://twitter.com/DavidYankovich/status/805924924120584192

I'm honestly not sure I even believe him. He constantly talks about how much he idolizes Hillary. Hillary is supposedly his hero and reason for entering politics. He wouldn't just make all that up, would he???

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

his expertise in intelligence must have been scrubbing all existing online proof of who he is.

Hey Willa. According to this article he penned (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-yankovich/my-experience-taking-my-d_b_12462036.html), Yankovich lived an hour from Fort Pierce, Florida as of September 30, 2016. I suspect he lived in the Palm Beach/Boynton Beach area.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
If anyone knows how to find an archive or plain text of this page i would be very thankful

https://www.upwork.com/mobile/amp/freelancers/~013e54672618ab68e6

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

Hahah holy poo poo wasn't he in the navy for like a week before getting booted for having a dumb rear end foot

That's the entirety of his career as a spook?

It's hard to say, he's scrubbed things pretty well. That one year (or less) is all you can find evidence of at this point.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

It's hard to say, he's scrubbed things pretty well. That one year (or less) is all you can find evidence of at this point.

it is extremely ballsy to call yourself an "intelligence analyist" after a net experience of less than one year of "training" in the military

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nanomashoes posted:

https://twitter.com/cuckertarlson/status/877883503739895808
This party has no room for pointless purity testing. These neoliberals need to shut up and vote for the berniebros.

They must be destroyed, TBH.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

nah he belongs here

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Let the democrats die and something better be reborn from the ashes

no lets take all their poo poo instead

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Condiv posted:

my uncle turned himself kinda blue with colloidal silver. he wanted to look young forever and heard it was great for that. he still looks p young these days (though he's more grey than blue now after so many years). i just dunno why a guy that looks like he could be santa would want to turn into papa smurf? as blue as he is, he's obviously still using, and he's got no youth to protect :confused:

The snake oil types push it as a cure-all for a variety of ailments, he probably just doesn't want to die ad has been convinced it will keep him alive.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
STACHE *clank (the sound of steel being struck)*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

ok I like David Yankovich now

:yikes:

• Locked thread