Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/873997106972958720

In the age known then as "The End of History", the land was ruled by a King and Queen.
The Queen was incredibly ambitious, and looked forward to the day she would rule alone.
"I will craft the most perfect plot, and my ascendancy will be an inevitability.
"And though my foes will see it coming, they will be powerless to stop it."

When the King passed, the Queen moved her court to a great island citadel.
There she marshaled her forces, though she ignored the troubles of her kingdom.
When all was ready, her great and splendid host marched from her stronghold,
Only to be wiped out in a cornfield by a half-drow Warlord.

The Warlord desired unity, and made the Queen his advisor.
Biting her tongue, the Queen convinced the Warlord that she should be restored to the throne.
In time, her forces were restored, with the singular goal of achieving this one goal.
It was this dedication that allowed her army to barely bring the quarrelsome people to heel.

"At last!" she exclaimed, breaking a pane of glass to commemorate her final triumph to come.
"It is my turn to rule, and all signs point to ultimate victory.
"The people will love and cherish my reign of reason and enlightenment."
Those were her last words as she was decapitated by a red hat.

lovely, sourced product with few redeeming qualities sold to rich liberals at an enormous markup using a marketing strategy that's 80% "slick" branding and 20% outright fabrications

yeah, that sounds about right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

Except that rye was probably just rebottled and labeled like almost all "craft" whiskeys.

100% chance that it's sourced, 99.99% chance that its either MGP distillate or Canadian

just cheap stuff at a massive markup to trick hipsters into paying for incredibly ironic "authentic" branding

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Condiv posted:

hey whoa, a passing 3/5. this rye is clearly more competent than hillary

"Aged at least one year. $70/750ml."

one-year-old rye of undisclosed origin for $70, yeah thats even worse than i thought

quote:

Also how does mixing whiskey make it stronger than the individual parts? It's literally dilution

in this case it's just a gimmick to plaster over the fact that it's a sourced product. however, the art of making good whiskey relies heavily on blending, whether it's all from the same distillery or from several. every barrel is unique and knowing which ones will work well together, hide each other's weaknesses and bring out particular characteristics, etc. is very important. there are some legitimate producers that actually bring a lot to the table just by sourcing and blending really good stuff. Compass Box is probably the best example--that's scotch, tho

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

wait that wasnt the tweet i wanted to post

gently caress

here u go

https://twitter.com/ScottPresler/status/878237321501458432

can i still reject all those celebs even if i dont reject violence?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Covfefe was extremely funny until the first thing anyone said about it.

it was extremely funny that day/night/following morning and extremely old after that

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Zas posted:

apparently covfefe is a big meme at my friends workplace and i feel really bad for him

look as workplaces go it could be far, far worse

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
BRYCE

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Montasque posted:

How the gently caress can people think Single Payer is racist or sexist? WHAT THE gently caress?

twitter liberals are extremely stupid but most people dont actually believe this poo poo

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

got any sevens posted:

hillary not being in favor of free movemet of workers? :thunk:

if they wanted rights they should have been ~entrepreneurs~

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
for my fellow californians~

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

two losers

btw are we still wanting to drive out Pelosi because that's a great idea and we'll totally get a more left leaning minority leader?

Zergman is approaching 50% dehumanization. It's taking some time, but he'll get there. I believe in him...

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

H.A. Goodman does not deserve prison, though he could certainly benefit from therapy at this point

also who the hell are most of these people, minor twitter personalities??

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Aurubin posted:

Is there a contingent of Twitter Dems that just search for any mention of Bernie Sanders so they can trot out how much they hate him because he's got a lake house bought by Russian bank fraud money for costing Clinton the election? Invariably the first response to any news story or pundit is someone making GBS threads on him.

Yeah there actually is, and they're largely crazier than what's posted here would suggest.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

GodFish posted:

chuck good????

Chuck has been in the Matt Y school of redemption since Nov 9 along with about 40% of the other former??? Bad Dems.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

in which Randy Bryce punches right against Jacobin, of all

https://twitter.com/ironstache/status/844529570221101056

That's probably the one criticism least likely to alienate the Jacobin crowd.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
BRYCE

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

What do Jacobin writers get paid? Serious question.

A lot of the articles are submitted by freelance writers/academia/labor movement folks who presumably receive a fee. No idea what their core editorial staff makes, probably not much but it's part and parcel w/ being in a cause. You don't make much as a union organizer, either. I doubt they're paying a ton to their EIC or top exec or whoever is in charge FWIW, they aren't exactly loaded.

E: post above confirms

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

Should I link the info I posted above to Bryce? I'm curious what his response will be.

I doubt he would respond at this point as he won't want to alienate people, but IMO it's worth sharing.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Agean90 posted:

he owns too hard what's going to come out against him?

$10m in DNC bux for the Smooth Boy from Ohio (Florida).

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
i want to make an ironstache thread but it's probably a bit too early for that yet

he'll have to linger here in the suck zone until the time comes

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

i want to make an ironstache thread but it's probably a bit too early for that yet

he'll have to linger here in the suck zone until the time comes

he will receive that "vox actually cares about this" kiss of death in due time

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao his go to booze is some ultra-premium vodka that's $40 a bottle

trendy dipshit brand thats entirely indistinguishable from a $20 handle lmao

wait til the boys in the home bar & drinking thread hear about this

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

who are we talking about here

the ciroc guy with the anti-bernie tweets

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

the ciroc guy with the anti-bernie tweets

to be fair, further review indicates that Ciroc costs $24 at my local store, so it's not actually that bad

still, relatively pricey french vodka is a pretty funny choice when youre trying to look like the down to earth person

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

are you sure that's not the 375ml bottle/bevmo

750 ml @ total wine

TW owns, tbf

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

WOW I can't believe Clinton is actually a monster.

Next thing you'll tell me El Trumpo is POTUS.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

but will consolidating our data centers solve racism?

it will, friend. it will.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Iron Twinkie posted:

Something something, I don't advocate for political violence blah blah blah whatever. That said , the best thing this silky soft, baby poo poo of a man could do for humanity is feed himself feet first into a wood chipper. This weak, oily moron owns more of the entire Earth than three quarters of a billion people. What in the god drat gently caress.

he went to stanford and stumbled into some social media bullshit at the right time & place as it was already unfolding and he got infinite money for basically nothing, lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

I'm a stachebro

I feel like his glory is wasted on a district that would think allowing Paul Ryan to exist is a good idea

yeah its a pretty wealthy district, which is unfortunate. you dont get to choose which district you live in, tho *carpetbaggers burst through the door like kramer*

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

imagine being such a depraved person that you somehow manage to join a cult of antipersonality

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

the media has scrambled everyone's brains with their awful coverage of this and every other SCOTUS decision, lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

LinYutang posted:

hillary lost to a dumb gorilla rapist so what does that make her

i have no doubt shes very smart in the traditional sense, as was obama

she has no social/emotional intelligence tho

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Hillary Clinton: What Democrats won in America

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Oh dear

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

“I have no idea about Tim Canova, I honestly don’t,” Sanders said when asked if he plans to support Canova’s second bid against Wasserman Schultz. “I know nothing about Tim Canova.”

Good, Tim Canova loving sucks.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
america: we all abuse drugs and also demand constant drug testing

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Muppets On PCP posted:

:laffo: at the wildly different response on the last question

100% FYGM

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

incredibly, libertarians are still somehow stupider than the trumpos

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

i don't remember the part of the platform that said "every single person who runs as a democrat will agree to everything listed here"

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

armed, drunken, and effective

and hell, 2 outta 3 ain't bad either

• Locked thread