Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

Man Musk posted:

Americans do not trust government much and expect politicians to lie; 31% of Trump voters and 36% of Clinton voters think that the American government “probably” or “definitely” knew about 9/11 in advance.

This is a seriously flawed poll. There is a world of difference between the government having some intelligence that suggested an attack might happen and the government colluding to make it happen.

Most polls are worthless. A majority of polls are actively harmful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Is there a blank template yet for making our own verrit facts?

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The mods of Chapo’s reddit page created /r/Verrit:

edit:

Know Such Peace has issued a correction as of 07:41 on Sep 4, 2017

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Hillary has her own form of meme magic. Her supporters are convinced she is a charming candidate with a solid policy agenda, despite all the evidence that contradicts that theory.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
There won’t be a coronation this time around unless several people end up dead before the primary.

Wait a sec...

:thunk:

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I hope Zuckerberg’s campaign crashes harder than Jeb’s. I do wonder if he’ll have cool VR merch.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Zuck will be the best candidate in a while if he runs on UBVR.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
What is the ideal leftist ticket for 2020? Also, are any cool celebrities (excluding Zuck!) considering running?

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I want Tina Fey to run in-character as Palin.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I’d be alright with Khaleesi as long as dragons show up at the convention.

Edit: Kate McKinnon runs as Hillary.

Know Such Peace has issued a correction as of 14:23 on Sep 6, 2017

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

MizPiz posted:

And proceeds to burn everyone and everything there.

Trump has control of thousands of dragons worth of nuclear weapons. Really makes you thunk.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I’m surprised Trump hasn’t had a photo-op of him grinning beside a nuke. Tweet it to N Korea as part of the de-escalation plan.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
It’s weird when poor (mostly white) people brag about qualifying for government assistance but refusing help because they are against handouts.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
*Hillary runs naruto-style into Bernie’s outstretched fist and passes out.*

Sanders Attacks the Leader of the Resistance.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
[quote="“Over Easy”" post="“476123717”"]
Uniting the American people
[/quote]

She’s like that one anime guy whose master plan was to get everyone on earth to hate him and then peace out.

Oh wait, she’s still here.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Hillary fans are like Star Wars fans who enjoy the prequels. The people who are still completely committed can’t be helped, yet there is still a frustrating amount of people who apologize for the directionless messes.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
In Revenge of the Sith, a neoliberal-run democracy voted to have an uncharismatic senator become the unelected ruler of the galaxy.

We narrowly avoided full black-cloak lightning-fingers monster-face Emperor Hillary.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Run Barack Obama again in 2020, but have him wear/grow a mustache as a disguise.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

Interesting video in hindsight. Especially since dude is hardly into politics. It's hilarious once he touches on Hillary.

8:50 is when he turns to Hillary’s mess of a campaign strategy. It’s pretty impressive that he completed the autopsy in May 2016.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Has any crazy person published a Sorkin-esque ‘Hillary Needs to Run Again’ think piece yet? If not, any bets on the first writer and when it will come out?

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Remember the Between Two Ferns episode featuring Hillary? Me neither.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
[quote="“Zas”" post="“476213011”"]
unless the excerpts have been super selective this is gonna be like the biggest dodge of responsibility since like W.’s book. i dunno. i hope the media tears her apart
[/quote]

It’ll be interesting to see how audiences react to her on her mini-talk show tour. If we get some choice clips of booing, there might be some hope for the future of these United States.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Hillary = Android 18

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Y’all missed the emails where the campaign considered reaching out to PoCs with DBZ memes.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

I want so badly for this to be the Late Show appearance next week.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Raising Cane’s is the Iron Man 1 of chicken finger fast food chains.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Popeye’s is the John Wick: Chapter 2 of chicken finger fast food chains.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I may not be Android 18,
but I am managing to self-destruct.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
(((Putin)))

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The key to winning elections is drafting speeches for when you lose. Obama certainly had one prepared for both of his elections, no matter how confident they were in their numbers. Trump certainly had some sort of plan in mind even if it wasn’t a ‘concession speech’.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

MaxxBot posted:

Pod Save America who was literally right about to interview Hillary was still able to have a somewhat critical analysis of her book. FiveThirtyEight podcast on the other hand was basically Peter Daou radio hour. Harry Enten was the only person willing to entertain any criticism of Hillary whatsoever.

I wondered if anyone else heard this episode too. It was a little bizarre. FiveThirtyEight is usually tough on Hillary, but they put on kid gloves for the conversation about “What Happened”. Harry was forced into a ‘bad cop’ role, and he didn’t seem particularly excited to be the only one in the room arguing the negatives of Her campaign.

Their main point was that the media’s current backlash against Hillary is being made for the wrong reasons. It’s potentially an interesting take, but I don’t think they did a good job of fleshing out their argument.

Closing by saying that no better candidates were available was the perfect play towards pissing off Bernie supporters.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

Dunno, it's pretty much inherently correct that there were no candidates better at winning a democratic primary.

That’s what I meant to suggest.

The idea is technically true, but FiveThirtyEight seems a little disingenuous by finishing their argument that way. Bernie supporters argue that systemic issues with the primary system unfairly stacked the deck against his run, which has clear parallels to valid claims of sexism made by Hillary supporters. It’s a little unfair to bring up one side during the conversation and dismiss the other, even though both issues significantly impacted the results.

They did say that they’ll talk more about Bernie next week, so it’s possible that they just ran out of time. Hopefully ‘part 2’ will fix that glaring omission.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The Pod Save America crew’s review of What Happened was as close to a ‘slam’ as anything they’d be willing to release.

They compared the book to someone running over your pet dog. There might be legitimate reasons as to why a driver wouldn’t be able to stop in time, but we’re still in the middle of a grieving process. Any valid reasons for the accident ring pretty loving hollow, and the whole endeavor feels a bit tone-deaf.

It was pretty funny to hear very centrist Establishment-cheerleaders admit that every time Hillary would begin to own up for a mistake, she’d immediately couch it with external factors outside of her control. I can’t wait for someone else to summarize the actual Hillary interview, because there is no way I’m listening to her talk again on my own volition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
DjT beat me to that hot take.

As a bonus for the book tour, Trump gets to play the old hits for a little while.

• Locked thread