Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
:bagl::laffo:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
There needs to be a YABernie or YAProgressive that parody's that twitter.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

paranoid randroid posted:

I just googled that second fellow and you guys are never gonna believe what I learned
Unanimously elected president in the 2014 elections via the vote by blimp system.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Agean90 posted:

why does my computer say it's 2007 again?
Bad CMOS battery. Gotta replace it or it'll keep resetting every time it loses power.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

paranoid randroid posted:

also one weird tip about dietary silver supplements the government doesnt want you to know

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

docbeard posted:

I think things got a little excessive there toward the end but Zodiac Killer never stopped being funny.
I liked that one and the Vince FosterMcMahon filter.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Now how much of that is Russia scarmongering and how much is that Trump doing dumb poo poo?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
IMO the whole Russia hacking(not Russia Trump) thing is like to me as predictable actions and more of a condemnation of our government's competency than it is about a sacred process almost being violated.

The US Government has known for longer than I've been alive that Russia likes to mess with us. Birds sing, the sky is blue, Russia likes to get their fingers in our food.
They used to take precautionary measures, but neoconservatism and neoliberalism basically ignored poo poo as "everything is good" due to how markets were going. It's the corruption that allowed it to stagnate because america is already the best.

I believe in an alternate reality where we kept actually playing the cyber shadowgame that we used to in the past that the Russia thing wouldn't even have gotten so far with fake news and hacking because we'd be one step ahead of them.

But greed is more important apparently. :smith:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

SKULL.GIF posted:

This won't matter, literally no one except Twitter lifers know who Louise Mensch is, much less know why liking Louise Mensch is, uhh, a gray mark against someone

Personally I'm glad that Bryce is actually concerned that the President is a Russian turncoat
Who is Louise Mensch again?

And why would that mean the Yankovich goober candidate is better?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

docbeard posted:

Yeah, if the worst they can dig up on The Living Avatar Of Bruce Springsteen's Music is that he said nice things to a Twitter "celebrity" that We Don't Like, then I'm cool with that.

Though I'm still voting for my cat, whose position on universal health care and universal neck skritches is PURRRRRRRRRRRRR.
PURRRR-secute the rich

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

loquacius posted:

that post of mine may not have been meant entirely seriously

I thought it was funnier if I didn't add a :v: after it but maybe the tone was lost
Another victim of Poe's Law.

I tend to italicise my ridiculous posts depending on what I'm trying to infer.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Vox Nihili posted:

lovely, sourced product with few redeeming qualities sold to rich liberals at an enormous markup using a marketing strategy that's 80% "slick" branding and 20% outright fabrications

yeah, that sounds about right
I wouldn't mind if Hillary embraced micro-distilleries and made it a fad among rich/uppity middle-class folks.

We already got homebrewing for beer as a huge thing that's getting pretty cheap to do, it's the next logical step and she at least enjoys hard liquor

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Vox Nihili posted:

100% chance that it's sourced, 99.99% chance that its either MGP distillate or Canadian

just cheap stuff at a massive markup to trick hipsters into paying for incredibly ironic "authentic" branding
Also how does mixing whiskey make it stronger than the individual parts? It's literally dilution

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Bip Roberts posted:

It's blending like johnny walker vs a single malt. You would do that to balance the flavor profile because single malt ryes are pretty harsh. Also it's a dumb gimmick here.
So it's referred to as a stronger taste if it's more well rounded/smoothly profiled?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Raskolnikov38 posted:

man that fraction sure does show up an awful lot with the clintons
:vince:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
So what they're saying is it's not the Left that should form it's own party, but the Center?

lol

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Hahaha [none of the above options] is loving 16%

At least 16% are out of touch or have vested interests.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
They both stole it from Bernie!

Stealing good ideas!
Absurd!!
Misnomer!!!

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

lol.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
all lowercase and ending in a period.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Hot take: Covfefe is one of the only genuine things about this presidency.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
:lovesmith:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Vox Nihili posted:

look as workplaces go it could be far, far worse
Sounds like someone has the case of the fri-mon-katilsdays. #caseofthekatilsdays #katilsday

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Joementum posted:

I can't wait to learn why I'm racist and hate women because I'm against the Zuckerberg 2020 campaign. Gonna be wild.
My mom plays facebook games and if you hate Zuck you hate my mom!

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

anime was right posted:

i still feel like hes gunning for an independent run, triangulated solely on what independents think on facebook
Sounds like he's gonna win

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I duno why people call it single player as if we come together isn't it multi player?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Al! posted:

guillotine
But what if he's the underpaid servant to clean up the shitdeck?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

again, if people voted on that basis, we'd be living in a very different world

the suggestion isn't that single payer isn't a good idea, it's that it's not the best thing to centerpiece a campaign around, vs. poo poo like "here's how we're gonna put more money in your pocket" - which, for most people, single payer wouldn't, at least not in the short term.
If Single Payer lets me keep my care between jobs and if I'm jobless, and is cheap and affordable with more coverage, then it's a great thing to focus on the benefits on how it can enable worker freedom, reduce debt, increase wealth, and etc. all based on the cascading effects.

Now it'd be naive to think a politician would campaign on it and literally ignore everything else, especially with other good causes to support outside of healthcare.
But for healthcare focus Single Payer is a good standard, unless you have an even better solution that will never -ever- come to pass

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Here's a good labor angle:

With affordable and non-employer locked health care you won't have to get a second job to feed your family and keep them alive, you can use that time to actually be alive with your family, and move to wherever without fear.

Don't got a family? If not then we don't make laws for vatbabies yet as they're not a viable demographic.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

etalian posted:

It's because in other countries the concept of not having government funded healthcare is really alien.
It's like the citizens of the country matter and not the businesses/market

:thunk:

gently caress up if true.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I can actually believe it's suck zone

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

GalacticAcid posted:

Zuck writes like a precocious grade school student.

He is a retard.
Seems like an improvement for president

:downsrim:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

anime was right posted:

it seems like billionaires have two modes of personality transition: they turn into hideous evil greed barons or they turn into benevolent money messiahs and i could genuinely see him becoming the latter. in which case he might actually be a good president.

I wouldn't say messiah as he'd analyze our genome.
But we get free specialized healthcare!

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
To be honest Twitter and Facebook can be easily done via open source self/community hosting solutions using the OStatus protocol but since it costs money to run a popular one Facebook will always be around cus you sell your info to them via registration until people just quit it.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Montasque posted:

He's already doing that thing where you eat horrible food in Iowa.
Buddy if you travel and don't eat horrible local foods what are you traveling for?

Eat on eating on.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

You don't need to go to Iowa to eat garbage.
KFC will make these if you ask.

It's not on the menu, but it's still orderable.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Homeless Friend posted:

H.A. H.A. H.A. H.A.