Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
These past two years have really shown how lovely Obama, Pelosi, and Hillary are. I can't get over how much of a soar loser Hillary is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Full Communism Now.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

https://twitter.com/liberalism_txt/status/875435697376768000

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40357357?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

Is there something to this?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

But he added: "None of these systems were involved in vote tallying."

Mr Liles also said "a small number of networks were exploited - they made it through the door."

Those two statements seem at odds with one another.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Scent of Worf posted:

https://twitter.com/BernieBroKen/status/878040015766339584

everything about liberals is bad, forced and lame. even their loving memes

How is this suppose to be funny?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

If Hillary Clinton was a man do you think she would have gotten that much hate? I bet even the "Left" would hold her up as high as Saint Sanders.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Oh cool! Gene Hackman Fan is here again. I wonder what he post-oh it's Concerned Citizen...

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I always think about this. It's insane how much the establishment Dem types are literally playing into the hands of fascism. We're all hosed if we let them stay.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Is it wrong that I feel that the media and general discourse isn't focusing on Hillary's return to the spotlight meltdown enough? She comes back and refuses to take responsibility for anything while blaming everyone and everything else on her loss. Like what the gently caress that is so pathetic and shows signs of very poor leadership.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

No one cares about hillary anymore because she's running for nothing and in charge of nothing.

Establishment Dem types sure care.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Is it true that a few establishment Dems attempted to reach across the aisle with the GOP, in which that they'd agree to Medicaid cuts, in exchange for sanctions against Russia?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Bernie would definitely run (and win) in 2020 if he was a few years younger.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Will ending racism solve racism?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bernie-and-jane-sanders-under-fbi-investigation-for-bank-fraud-hire-lawyers/

Any substance of this?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Joementum posted:

probably not. it's fight for who gets the blame for the school failing between her and her successor who also happens to be the VT Trump campaign chair.

What's the situation of this exactly?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

What's the situation of this exactly?

I mean I read the article and I'm confused on what happened. They got a loan and somehow manipulated it in being approved in order to expand the size of the college's land? Did I read that right?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

gonna be hard to argue that if the school's financial board approved of it as weaver says

How did Jane Sanders supposedly manipulated it though? I'm just curious.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

that's an accusation

Why was she singled out?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

comedyblissoption posted:

AFAIK so far there has been no evidence presented for these allegations and these allegations are being driven by the chair of the Trump Vermont campaign who personally knows and has a negative relationship with Jane

Any sources on this?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

comedyblissoption posted:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bernie-and-jane-sanders-under-fbi-investigation-for-bank-fraud-hire-lawyers/

also apparently the president of the college was someone else that had a personal relationship with jane sanders and is not this same person. that person was brought up in this thread and may be fueling the investigation.

I see thanks.

It seems that it made a lot of establishment Dem types angry.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Rand alPaul posted:

FDR's tax rate was the best tax rate, quote if you're down.

This is approaching reasonable territory.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I hate the media.

I hate Democrats.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

What are some confirmed scandals Hillary has been in?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Jimmy Dore good.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

in which Randy Bryce punches right against Jacobin, of all

https://twitter.com/ironstache/status/844529570221101056

What do Jacobin writers get paid? Serious question.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

quote:

As publisher and editor, Sunkara draws a small salary for Jacobin-related work, but works another job around 20 hours a week. The magazine’s only full-time staffer is creative director Remeike Forbes. For digital pieces, contributors get 50 dollars; for print pieces, they get $200. The majority of them are graduate students or young professors. Interns at Jacobin get paid 15 dollars an hour, while the people who help with shipping and other “grunt work” get around $16 an hour. Says Sunkara: “There’s not a place on the masthead for that work, and also, that’s the hidden labor, so we try to pay for that first.”

For reference this was the wages 3 years ago.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

A lot of the articles are submitted by freelance writers/academia/labor movement folks who presumably receive a fee. No idea what their core editorial staff makes, probably not much but it's part and parcel w/ being in a cause. You don't make much as a union organizer, either. I doubt they're paying a ton to their EIC or top exec or whoever is in charge FWIW, they aren't exactly loaded.

Should I link the info I posted above to Bryce? I'm curious what his response will be.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Condiv posted:

https://twitter.com/PPact/status/878806170533810176

disgusting. if these assholes are so worried about premiums they wouldn't be supporting keeping them high in california

if they're so concerned about women having good access to healthcare, they'd be clamoring for the singlepayer bill to be given a chance

I was under the impression that California premiums were staying low? Especially compared to the rest of the country.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

President Oprah Winfrey.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

If corporations are people, can we then execute them for their crimes? :thunk:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Resistocrats! I love it!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

ThndrShk2k posted:

Mainely news:

Maine Senate votes for Repeal of Ranked Choice

The repeal bill now goes to the Democratic-controlled House.

Hopefully the house can keep it since people voted for it. Bad dem senate dude saying "It'll confuse voters :saddowns:" for 2 types of voting on the ballot.

---

Also Collins finally said No to the senate health bill.

~Show me what you :orb:

gently caress the Democrats.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Zuck would just make healthcare an app in this country.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

ex post facho posted:

we need a majority!

we need a supermajority!

we need a supermajority with the governorship!

we need a supermajority with the governorship... of progressives!

can u guys still see those goalposts? the dems have carried them so far away I can't even tell if its time for a hail mary or more power o up the gut

"We need a supermajority of progressives...with progressive govenorship!"

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

ThndrShk2k posted:

News on the Ranked Choice vote in Maine

Dem controlled House voted to keep it.
So some more votes later this week.

Good.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Should I feel bad if I strongly dislike Tom Perez?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Zoran posted:

god, the election thread is so good for some morbid humor every once in a while

The best part of these threads is seeing all of the die hard establishment Dem types who have ran off in droves. Got to be tough when supporting a candidate who blew the easiest election of all time and made mindblowingly idiotic campaign decisions.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

anime was right posted:

voter suppression + the "shamed into not admitting i'd vote for trump" factor + we were mostly using national polls and not the really tight areas that could swing the election. if a voter has every intent of voting and the models are right, but they have been removed from the records in some fashion, that counts as a representative vote in a poll that is not actually counter. if republicans successfully hosed over say, a single cities worth of voters in oh say, milwaukee, congrats, trump just won wisconsin despite being behind in entirely accurate polls.

this is why i keep screaming gently caress the presidency, win congress + every statehouse and then work from there. as our cities gets denser and denser, the landowner advantage built into the system continuously favors republicans. its only going to get worse, not better. states control voting laws, not the feds, and yet almost every state is controlled by republicans right now...

Milwaukee had low turnout for blacks in general much due to low enthusiasm. There were a lot of articles specifically about it.
I mean look at this poo poo:

http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/not-everyones-feeling-hillary-clintons-hype

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/us/many-in-milwaukee-neighborhood-didnt-vote-and-dont-regret-it.html

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/11/why-black-voters-in-milwaukee-werent-enthused-by-clinton.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I feel nerdy thinking this, but I'm surprised that I haven't seen a tweet or something from establishment Dem supporters who reference Persona 5. Like saying Trump is Shido and needs a change of heart.

• Locked thread