Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

navyjack posted:

Fire all consultants into the sun

Why not just put them in labor camps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Scent of Worf posted:

holy hell this sarah lerner person is loving awful lmao

sounds like she really wants a job at msnbc or something

She harassed Adam from Cum Town because he was friends with Chapo.

:NSFW:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGKLHxhfE6A:NSFW:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

I don't usually listen to Cum Town, do they usually interrupt each other with bread music puns all the time

Its preety much a show where they engage in dick jokes. I would say it can be enjoyed in about ten minute clips. Which is why I just listen to clips on youtube. Mullen's stories of working retail are great.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

This is why Gulags are good.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I just might post this.

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/895003029895827460

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Hey, I was going to post that! Also, this just shows why libs need to bullied.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 03:53 on Aug 10, 2017

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Feldegast42 posted:

That's why we primary the gently caress out of nearly every Democrat in the party so they have nowhere to run

Go full Stalin on the bitches (ok don't shoot them, but definitely kill their political careers if they don't convert)

Why don't we just put them in labor camps?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/lumpylouise/status/895664272314834944

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

zegermans posted:

Linda Hamilton has a twin which made the steel mill T-1000 ending scene a lot easier

also they edited out the T-1000 glitching post-shatter and reform which let John figure out who was fake. Don't know what they changed that other than to make the T-1000 look more invincible.

This is why we need to keep Zergmans around.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

anime was right posted:

Gulag all nazis

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Inescapable Duck posted:

Liberals respect nazis and white supremacists as enemies, that make them look good by comparison. They consider leftists to be legitimately dangerous to their worldview, and also as insane idiots dreaming of impossible things that should never be taken seriously.

So this. Liberals want to be the good guys. Can't well have someone pointing out how they''re world is notmuch better then their supposed enemies. If pushed far enough they would side with the evil they claim to fight.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Man Musk posted:

I'm pretty sure the liberals defeated the fascists in WWII

Well, they helped.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Which episode of the Simpsons is that?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Guess what segregationist thought punishing Nazis was bad?

https://twitter.com/FullFrontalSamB/status/897203801614057474

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

ThndrShk2k posted:

"Punching legit nazis doesn't help
Give me money"

https://twitter.com/inthesedeserts/status/897260572454072321

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Who made this edit?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Jazerus posted:

i like harry potter and all, and those books have probably played an important role in millennials' general distrust in the establishment (because the establishment is p much constantly portrayed as completely ineffective, and is still blustering about ~decorum~ when it's toppled by wizard hitler) but animorphs is a far superior work

it pulls no punches. the good guys never get the help they were promised by the supposedly benevolent aliens, who in fact are shown to indulge in horrific planet-scale biological warfare when they deem that the parasitic villain aliens have won and almost do so to earth. the animorphs rarely even manage to cripple the infiltration of earth, as they are ultimately a single guerilla cell against an entire alien society, and only the arrogant, imperialistic, utterly un-intellectually curious nature of the primary leader of the infiltration allows them to even survive for very long.

Animorphs was the poo poo. I remember from grade 2-5 I consumed those books utterly. But then came the horrible tv series.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Always thought animorphs would make a great cartoon series. In the same realm as Young Justice or The Last Airbender.

On the subject of Harry Potter. So I have only seen the Egyptians, never had time to read the books, but it is ridiculous how that did a better examination of life then HP. Likewise then that anime show about witches on Netflix also I would argue is better. There is an episode where the class joins their schools elf and troll workers in a strike against poor working conditions.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

got any sevens posted:

haha wtf who could care that much about this pointless poo poo?
the military budget is 1000 times bigger than these proposed savings

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/6/20/15834898/panera-voters-georgia-election

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Probably Magic posted:

The rich, they are not like you and me.

Anyway, Rawling has always been warmed-over Roald Dahl, but the politics are pretty clear that magic is education, Slytherin is bad only in that they're Tories, and that Rawling views those without education as lesser than "Muggles" who should not have a seat in public conversations because they gently caress everything up. That drat book series was never going to end with Hogwarts desegregating and letting in Muggles to learn stuff alongside the wizards and poo poo.

That its subject matter is so much better handled by a drat anime should say a ton.

Seriously everyone, go on Netflix and Watch Little Witch Academia.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Liberalism is a brain disease.

Seriously though. These libs make me want a second term for Trump, They are such disgusting creatures.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 02:15 on Aug 22, 2017

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

Basic D&D - Congressional Progressive Caucus
AD&D - Democratic Leadership Council
3rd Edition - Organizing For America
4th Edition - Our Revolution
5th Edition - Center for American Progress

What is 3.5?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

I wonder what would happen if someone sent him a picture of shirtless eleven year old that was flashing. Would he have a memory problem of it not happening?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Main Paineframe posted:

it's already been turned on the left, civil rights groups, and other dissidents

the question is not "will the government get to have this power", it's "will the government be able to use this power, which they already have, on anyone besides the left, civil rights groups, and other dissidents"

"but what if they oppress the left" is a stupid argument because the history of the left is an epic tale of being oppressed by the government while white supremacists were allowed to march freely in the streets

The goal should be, take over the government, and then ensure your people have power so that then the right wingers and their followers can be made to pray to god for Mercy for all their many sins. Because the secular word will not show them that mercy.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted:

hollywood-style magic negros

Both sad and funny, because it is true. Well that and if you're non white and are in the top twenty percent you're a triumph of the human spirit against adversity.

Guess whose going full commie?

https://vid.me/Ef7Ts

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Barry Convex posted:

I can't be bothered to watch this drivel but I'm sure someone will document the atrocities

https://twitter.com/thedailyshow/status/902973802207862784

Joy Ann Reid insinuates poor whites are all irredeemable racists. Trevor proceeds to like a good trained dog go along with what she says.

Edit loving beaten!

I really wish she and the rest of MSNBC would gently caress off.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 03:17 on Aug 31, 2017

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

if a blue wave actually happens (who knows) then she might get swept up in it too yeah

big 'might'

Hey, we don't want to take her in a blue wave. we want to take her down in a deep red wave. :getin:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

now I want to get this book but there's no way I don't set it on fire before finishing it

Film it and post on youtube. The monetize.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

medicare for all is a neoliberal half measure over the real progressive platform of a national health service

Lenin was right to purge leftcoms.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Frijolero posted:

Trolling is a disease, seek help

So is being a left com. Either way, WJ need's a strong healthcare system to get the help he needs.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Go to gulag, leftcom.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Newsweek has really been gunning for Sanders hasn't it?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

What a petulant child. Like why not be happy that so many turned out? LIke is her head so far up her rear end in a top hat for her to be offended by this or some poo poo?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

anime was right posted:

my opinion of hillary clinton has gone something from like "yeah shes pretty good" to "holy poo poo how is she this bad" in the span of like 10 months its absolutely incredible

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Condiv posted:

i can't loving believe this, sanders needs to get his supporters under control!!

Bernie is Ragadast.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Squizzle posted:

ffs enough w the harry potter

:frogout:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

paul krugman retire

nyt hire matt bruenig in his place
Also fire Brooks and replace him with Eliabeth Bruenig.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Frankly, he's right. We should go for guaranteed jobs. Not GMI.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Explain to me how this is wrong. If you're just a consumer, Which you would be if you're in a mass unemployment, gmi situation, you no longer have power over the economy. Even if a job is make work, it will almost assurdily have some part in a economy, and if say enough people got pissed off, and decided to not do their work they could harm the economy. What pwoer do you have if you cannot work, and therefore take part in the economy and are at the mercy of the legislators, especially if you still have people like Zuckerberg and Thiel to worry about?

comedyblissoption posted:

Everyone able-bodied or minded participating in labor but as a result everyone working less hours in the workweek is generally a fairer solution than UBI until we live in a Star Trek universe. Having people laboring and people not laboring will breed resentment between the two.

This I can get behind. Cut the hours you have to work to be considered full time.

Imagine, a four or even three day work week.

Taintrunner posted:

the lowest safety net possible while ensuring there's no cap on wealth,

in other words, maintaining or even growing the massive wealth disparity while the capital holders don't have to feel bad about it

Silicon Valley really is making me start to think that perhaps that society in Dune isn't a bad idea.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 03:37 on Sep 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

I am reminded of an episode of Yes Minister where the minister wants to close a hospital that is literally not in use for it's purpose, healing the sick and he is told no, because it creates jobs.

• Locked thread