Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/CathyMyersWI/status/877996969549070336

A third challenger has entered the Ironstache / Yankovich bloodbath primary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

that he's doing a stolen valor seems like it'd be a plus with the twitter dirtbag left crowd tho

GalacticAcid posted:

from davidyankovich.com

hahahahah this is so lovely but shouts to him for stealing valor

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
We have to make a direct appeal to the moderate Ba'athists

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
how's the "pizza" in Moscow I wonder

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

The Muppets On PCP posted:

lol that might have actually saved iraq and prevented isis

https://twitter.com/HenryKrinkIe/status/690004678462066688

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

docbeard posted:

My cat is either shouting at me because he thinks it's time to be fed or he's announcing his candidacy for the race.

What is his stance on single payer healthcare? What are his thoughts with respect to the legality of abortion?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Jeet has a post up defending Pelosi. It's pretty good.

I wouldn't mind seeing somebody younger and more media friendly take her spot but she's about the best we're gonna get policy-wise at this stage. Worth keeping in mind that the coup will come from blue dogs.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Shear Modulus posted:

nobody actually likes gabbard and she just hired a good astroturfing firm right

She has some apologists on these forums

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ThndrShk2k posted:

It'll take a moment for me to get the smug right.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I love that we're one retard chair force pilot loving up in Syria away from going to war with Russia and ppl still think trump is taking orders from Putin or whatever

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Bernie Bro Ken would be an actual funny character in the right hands

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Google "obama pitchforks"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

States that expanded Medicaid saw increased political population among the poor while states that did not expand Medicaid saw lessened participation.

Also, the retarded Democrats hosed themselves by not complying with the terms of the National Voter Registration Act:

Joe Oneck posted:

The Obama administration is committed to the expansion of voting rights and opposes state efforts to make voting more difficult. But, at the same time, the administration is implementing its signature domestic achievement – the Affordable Care Act (ACA) – in ways that ignore the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) and actually curtail voter registration. With the next ACA enrollment period just days away, the administration should immediately review its position.

The NVRA, also known as the “motor voter law”, was enacted by Congress in 1993. It requires state agencies that provide public assistance to assist their patrons to register to vote. Under the Act, state agencies must not only provide voter registration forms to their patrons, they must also assist those patrons fill out the forms and transmit completed forms to the appropriate state election officials.

The Obama administration didn't include voter registration services in the ACA federal exchanges even though it acknowledges that state-operated exchanges must comply with the NVRA. This, of course, is inconsistent with the administration’s argument to the Supreme Court in King v. Burwell that the federal exchanges stand in the shoes of the state exchanges, an argument the Court essentially accepted.
Furthermore, it ignores the fact that millions of Americans use the federal exchanges to apply for Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Programs (CHIP), which are state programs. Indeed, the ACA requires all exchanges, including the federal exchanges, to provide a “single streamlined” application that includes enrollment in both Medicaid and CHIP.

Over the past two years, some 18 million Americans have applied for health insurance through the federal exchanges. Consistent with the NVRA, they should have received an opportunity to register to vote and assistance in filling out voter registration forms similar to the assistance that exchange employees and contractors provide in filling out ACA health forms. Instead, they have received no such assistance and nothing more than one easily overlooked line in the healthcare.gov application that mentions voter registration and a link to a hard to understand 25-page voter registration form. An important opportunity to register new voters has been lost.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Venom Snake posted:

:unsmith:

I think ultimately that reforming the dems into a right and proper leftist party is absolutely feasible if only because when even people who swore off the party before like the Chapo boys now want to get involved in it's reconstruction.

Reconstruction has historically not been good for the Democrats.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Uncle Wemus posted:

Plz re-link

What the gently caress

The Blathering Superego at the End of History -- Emmett Rensin at the Los Angeles Review of Books (underappreciated pub imo)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Raskolnikov38 posted:

uh reconstruction went great for them, in less than a decade after losing the loving civil war they had practically re-enslaved hundreds of thousands of black people and regained total control of the south

anyhow the democrats are a dead party and everyone should join the DSA

No, that was after Reconstruction my friend.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i'm all the people replying "the intercept?? really? was your account hacked? not clicking that"

https://twitter.com/Hillarycrat/status/878268812264521729

I'm @Hillarycrat

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Deep down, Mitt Romney is the professional Democrat's favorite politician.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I would like the Russia investigation to end.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Al! posted:

john analzone

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Joementum posted:

something about the relative fleet-footedness of certain groups?

lmao

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

ironstache status update: still not a milkshake duck

https://twitter.com/joeprince___/status/877802253683392512

https://twitter.com/IronStache/status/329077384538116096

Tough-talking but woke

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

docbeard posted:

Zodiac Killer never stopped being funny.

i guess that's true that it never stopped being funny

but only because it was never funny to begin with

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
louise mensch is a warmongering grotesque who should be put down

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Baloogan posted:

I will never drink that cuck nectar

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I don't understand what any of this means or why anyone would or should care.

approval of louise mensch generally indicates a credulous embrace of every retarded Trump-Putin conspiracy

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Raskolnikov38 posted:

man that fraction sure does show up an awful lot with the clintons

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
has anyone scrolled through IronStache's favs on Twitter

curious if he has horny ones

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I've been reading through IRONSTACHE's feed and have decided to forgive him for the thirst-replies to Louise Mensch

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

same

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Great news for the Tulsi fans

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/878379380757729280

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Zuck writes like a precocious grade school student.

He is a retard.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
who is the king of the suck zone

to whom do we bring offerings of severed lanyards

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
death to kerensky

down with :abuela:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
National Pubic Radio

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I know obama said something recently about how single payer would destroy a lot of jobs in the insurance industry. This was before the Jacobin essay on the topic.

Does anyone remember this and can they link me to that interview

Thank's

I call on the collective memory of the suck zone

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Barack Obama: Compassionate Conservative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

He killed monarchists

The October Revolution overthrew a weak liberal government under the Constitutional Democrats and some Mensheviks. The Cadets were basically proto-Bad Dems.

• Locked thread