Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

it was funny because maher immediately was like are you sure that's the best idea and he's dumb as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Squizzle posted:

i thought the suck zone was allegedly good now

if u can't handle suck zone at its worst

you're probably a well-adjusted individual

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

What would end racism?

more women and poc in management roles at fortune 500 companies

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Nastier Nate posted:

The "copper" plan...
When the "bronze"'plan is just too drat good

it's called that because you'll be stripping the copper from your house to pay the deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

FuriousxGeorge posted:

They still shouldn't lose.

yet they will

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

rudatron posted:

I'm honestly wondering what exactly the reaction is going to be post-dem midterm loss. How is it going to be contextualized?

a smashing victory because they only lost the two dozen targeted districts by a few points instead of the usual 20%+

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lol rachel maddow's show tonight is a clip show of all the trump/russia stuff

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Condiv posted:

how can they broadcast naked propaganda like this?

Jeffrey Mark Goldberg (born September 22, 1965) is an American journalist and the editor-in-chief of The Atlantic. During his nine years at The Atlantic prior to becoming editor, Goldberg became known for his coverage of foreign affairs. He has won many awards and written eleven cover stories for the magazine.

He attended the University of Pennsylvania, where he was editor-in-chief of The Daily Pennsylvanian.[5] While at Penn he worked at the Hillel kitchen serving lunch to students. He left college to move to Israel, where he served in the Israeli Defense Forces as a prison guard during the First Intifada at Ktzi'ot Prison, a prison camp set up to hold arrested Palestinian participants in the uprising. There he met Rafiq Hijazi, a Palestine Liberation Organization leader, college math teacher and devout Muslim from a refugee camp in the Gaza Strip, whom Goldberg describes as "the only Palestinian I could find in Ketziot who understood the moral justification for Zionism".[5]

In 2002, Goldberg's "The Great Terror" published in The New Yorker argued that the threat posed to America by Saddam Hussein was significant, discussing the possible connection between Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda as well as the Iraqi nuclear program, averring that there was "some debate among arms-control experts about exactly when Saddam will have nuclear capabilities. But there is no disagreement that Iraq, if unchecked, will have them soon...There is little doubt what Saddam might do with an atomic bomb or with his stocks of biological and chemical weapons."[45]

In a late 2002 debate in Slate on the question "Should the U.S. invade Iraq, Goldberg argued in favor of an invasion on a moral basis, writing, "So: Saddam Hussein is uniquely evil, the only ruler in power today—and the first one since Hitler—to commit chemical genocide. Is that enough of a reason to remove him from power? I would say yes, if "never again" is in fact actually to mean "never again."[73]

Glenn Greenwald called Goldberg "one of the leading media cheerleaders for the attack on Iraq", claiming Goldberg had "compiled a record of humiliating falsehood-dissemination in the run-up to the war that rivaled Judy Miller's both in terms of recklessness and destructive impact."[74] In 2008, in an article in Slate entitled "How Did I Get Iraq Wrong?", Goldberg explained the reasons behind his initial support of the Iraq War and wrote that he "didn't realize how incompetent the Bush administration could be."[75]

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the only chad i've ever met was a crackhead who used to play in a band with a couple of the dudes from mushroomhead

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

radical meme posted:

Isn't that just Angie's List.

nah angie's list was created to avoid having minorities in your house

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm pretty out of the loop on Hamilton. I know it's about Alexander Hamilton, but what exactly is its cultural cache?

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/800443518284136448

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Probably Magic posted:

It's the shittiest rapping possible, and I don't know how any self-respecting person can claim to have it stuck in their head.

you're talking about a group of people whose appreciation for rap ends at the super bowl shuffle

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

In the comments they accuse BS of reviving the southern strategy

i don't think those people know what that term means

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

(p.s. Jesse woulda won)

the question is moot

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
for you youngins who don't know that reference

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5999188/the_question_is_moot/

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

he did this

on the submarine he participated in a missile launch drill where he simulated ending the world. so cool!!!

looks like every idiot touron on a head boat the coast guard hauls out after they got too daydrunk and took a header into the gulf stream

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

I am sincerely and unironically impressed that this sketch manages to make fun of Jackson for being right without giving the impression that he's actually wrong

it's a sign how far in the toilet that show's gotten that even during what's generally considered their absolute nadir something like that gets on air

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

hot take incoming: basically centrists saying "bernie is a racist" to justify their hating him is different in degree but not in kind from bill maher or other anti-muslim bigots saying the reason they hate muslims is because they think islam is misogynist

Frijolero posted:

hot take: centrists don't actually understand racism/institutional racism and they think having token minorities in positions of power means the system is working

these people are hillary cultists like the hillaryis44 people before them and don't have any deep-seated ideology or political beliefs outside of mi abuela

if the worst for them comes to pass and the party actually drifts leftward, they'll just become reactionary republicans or drop out of politics altogether

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
of all the people to cultivate that level of blind devotion hillary is the most baffling to me

like she wasn't an inspirational figure like obama, nor did she have her husband's innate ability to read a room nor his populist appeal

the clinton patronage system is a real thing, but that was more tied to bill than her. and none of these clods would ever in a million years come within sniffing range of them; they're just regular assholes like the rest of us

and to still desperately cling to her as some sort of grand leader of the anti-trump resistance when she pretty much hosed off immediately after the election back to her club of wealthy donor friends where she's clearly much more in her element. it genuinely beggars belief

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

hillary absolutely became a sympathetic figure in the 90s because she was a nonstop target of a mountain of sexist bullshit from limbaugh and a bunch of the other worst people in the country.

i actually had a positive view of her mostly because of that up until the 2008 primary when she went extremely racist against obama

the funny thing there is her public favorability declined pretty rapidly in the wake of the lewinksy scandal

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

nobody likes a cuck i guess

a lot of people soured on her for not ditching bill for obvious political reasons

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Oh Snapple! posted:

didn't bill's increase lol

only right near the end after the election

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/boyCrzyBrnieGrl/status/882798445723095041

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
also how did you doofs miss the sickest burn against those lameass dccc stickers

https://twitter.com/NRCC/status/882700044251652101

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i would want to fist fight mark penn if not for the fact he is one of the most physically repulsive people on the planet who probably smells like a mix of gas station grease trap and hai karate

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

who are these people

trump 2020 supporters

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Buffalo Wild Wings and Ditech Financial LLC Presents: The Bathroom

Watch this message and solve the captcha to get your toilet paper

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

do Democrats have any race car driver governors?
thought not

https://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/motor/nascar/2003-05-09-governor-crash_x.htm

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

logikv9 posted:

cuomo 2020 was a thing as soon as hillary lost

Homeless Friend posted:

imo ppl would defend her but it'd be way harder. It's easy for an american to justify blowin up libya n poo poo, slavery tho holy lol. It would have owned to see smg77, awinnerisjew, etc defend it.

they would've defended her exactly the way the cultists defended her when it came out; by conflating it with an even worse prison labor program

The Muppets On PCP has issued a correction as of 19:53 on Jul 9, 2017

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

deadgoon posted:

the moderate republicans that hillary was trying to appeal to are the people who responded to trump's victory by asserting that reality has gone off the rails and nothing matters, as if anything outside 1990s neoliberalism forever is a lovecraftian horror their mortal minds can't comprehend

if that describes u then i got some news for u: ur a republican

if you've ever gotten kicked out of a shoney's because you spent a half hour arguing with the waitress about abolishing the alternative minimum tax

...you might be a republican

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
let's have a look at one of the couple dozen house districts dems are targeting next year on the false hope given by the fact clinton outperformed the congressional race in each

quote:

The founder of a new vodka distillery is challenging U.S. Rep. George Holding of Raleigh.

Sam Searcy, a 40-year-old Holly Springs resident and a Democrat, planned to announce his candidacy Monday.

“I feel like our representation in North Carolina’s 2nd District is completely out of touch with what people go through in the district,” said Searcy, who has four young children. “My set of life experiences and business experiences are a better fit. I understand what people go through. I’ve been at the table when you’re trying to figure out how to afford to put your second kid in day care.”

Searcy is hoping to present a contrast with Holding, who comes from a prominent banking family in the Triangle and who the Center for Responsive Politics estimates is worth more than $6 million.

Searcy grew up in Hendersonville in the western part of the state in a working-class family that, at times, struggled to pay their bills, he said. He graduated from Appalachian State – the first in his family to graduate from a four-year college, he said – before earning his law degree at the University of Tulsa in Oklahoma.

Searcy said he decided to run for public office because of accountability and accessibility, complaining that Holding took a trip to Sri Lanka instead of holding a town hall meeting during the lead-up to the House’s vote on the American Health Care Act. Holding traveled to India and Sri Lanka on government business during the recess in late February.

“How much more out of touch can you be?” Searcy said.

okay, not terrible so far. guy from modest background criticizing rich banker for hiding from public isn't the worst angle to take

what else is there to know ab-

quote:

He moved back to the Triangle and worked in clinical research before deciding to open Greybeard Distillery and produce Bedlam Vodka with two other owners. Searcy said the vodka, produced from rice, is available in all North Carolina ABC stores and was shipped to the ESPYs, ESPN’s annual awards show which will air Tuesday. He said the company now has about 10 employees.

“It’s a testament to the business community here in this area, in North Carolina. It’s very vibrant and vigorous. It allows successful businesses to take off. I’ve enjoyed being in the private sector,” Searcy said. “I want to take that private sector experience right into Washington.”

Searcy, who said he has been a Democrat since he has been able to vote, said he changed his registration to unaffiliated to vote for Ohio Gov. John Kasich in the 2016 Republican primary.

oh lord

but wait, they totally buried the lede

quote:

Searcy is not the first Democratic challenger in the district, which covers much of northern, southern and eastern Wake County, western Johnston County and parts of Harnett, Franklin, Nash and Wilson counties.

Wendy Ella May, a transgender woman, announced her candidacy as a Democrat in May. May, a disabled military veteran from Johnston County, calls herself a “New Deal Progressive Democrat” and was a Bernie Sanders delegate at the Democratic National Convention.

congrats to mr vodka on his upcoming 15 point loss

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Scent of Worf posted:

speaking of shilling, wasn't it discovered that the hillary campaign literally had a team of paid shills that would go astroturfing online? :thunk: i seem to remember reading something about that during the craziness of the primaries

romney definitely had them in '12 so it wouldn't be a surprise

e: unless you're referring to correct the record which wasn't really an astroturf group just really dumb

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

so do you

- a hillbot

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

that station should really change their name to action jacksonville news

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

Ossoff losing was funny, not necessarily good or bad.

the best part was the guy in a much tougher district in south carolina who did way better than ossof with zero support

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

the whole thread is infuriating but not surprising

https://twitter.com/elizabethcatte/status/885276178780651520

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
paul begala uses only genuine interocitor parts

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Agnosticnixie posted:

After signing HB2 v2, the dem governor now signs this when it's far from veto proof, effectively giving the finger to the labor effort that got him there in the first place.

it passed with veto proof majorities in both chambers

but yeah he should've vetoed it anyway given the number of other bills he's vetoed so far which got overrode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Agnosticnixie posted:

It did? The impression I got was that it was short of a veto. Or is this about the HB2 unrepeal specifically?

i'm talking about s615 the lovely farm bill

it only got 10 nay votes and 4 abstentions in both house and senate

• Locked thread