Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm posting itt to say that i, as the chair of a local party will continue to poo poo on national leadership in its current incarnation (and the state leaderships who support them) until they either unfuck themselves or gently caress off, with the latter being the far more preferable option to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's what's pissing me off more than anything -- more emphasis was placed on converting moderate Republicans who still don't exist instead of convincing the majority of voters who don't swear fealty to either party that they can make the difference. It's why the only clear and constant parts of Ossoff's message could best be described as a cargo cult of Republican talking points ("controlling spending," "no tax raises on the rich," "no to single payer").

with as much money as dem leadership pumped into the race (fourteen times more than the previous three [well, one] races combined] you'd think that a non-existent message was what they wanted to go with

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Serf posted:

if u click ur heels and pray really hard republicans will vote dem

see, this is when I'd use clap emojis to tell them to go after independents since that's the only thing bad dems respond to

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ldrinkh20/status/877550262386401280

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

got any sevens posted:

i bet you love this movie. i do :) https://youtu.be/gOaCD_JNgkA

I'm the gradually drooping cigar as Pappy O'Daniel's mouth opens wider and wider

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wj: "status quo isn't working, but damned if I know what's gonn--OOH WHAT'S THIS??."

https://twitter.com/nandorvila/status/877578016821362688

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

hmm no this looks like status quo chasing Trump voters actually (also it would be evil)

the joke being that you constantly claim to be a leftist yet post nothing but reasons why left ideas won't work therefore nothing should be done because we're all going to die

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I don't post that they won't work, just how likely they are to actually come to pass.

you also thought Trump was going to lose, so you've really been batting a thousand this whole time, actually

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean, it's really funny how bad dems (of which I'm including you, wj) keep saying "it'll never happen, it'll never happen" despite the fact that journalists everywhere are having to write "the Trump adminstration" in their articles kinda proves that the bad dem line of logic is a con game that brow beats anyone accusing it of being a scam

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but god forbid anyone's six-figgie income might be damaged by single payer

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ThndrShk2k posted:

To be honest most of us thought Hillary was gonna win because that's the way hopeless inevitability seemed to be heading.
Then the deep secret in the back of our minds took light en mass and history threw us a hilarious curve-ball.

seriously, was there anyone here who was actually alarmed by Trump winning the nomination? because hillary was a conventional candidate going against a wholly unconventional candidate.

I mean, I ask this because once primaries ended I hosed off from the forums for a while because lol if i, an insufferable goon, am gonna listen to other insufferable goons be insufferable about someone who turned out to literally own house slaves.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logikv9 posted:

gene hackman fan was good but became a little bit more insane post-avatar change imo

gently caress off, really? because i was never really good to begin with. the avatar change just gave me a posting gimmick to rail against bad dems itt.

speaking of which...

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm concerned citizen and i post a lot of dumb opinions because all i know how to do is tell bad dems exactly what they want to hear and kissing their asses somehow makes me an expert in politics

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for those wondering (all none of you) my personal insanity arises from not just serving as the chair of a local democratic party in a solidly red county that has atrophied for more than a decade, but also having to find a second job because lol if anyone important thinks teacher's aides should get paid a living wage in a rural county.

and somehow in all of that, i have to canvas for a local candidate for the state house because the incumbent is a carpet-bagging piece of poo poo who lives two counties over and preaches fiscal conservatism up until he proposes and pushes hard for stupid loving laws about how the bible should be the state book or how the state government should pay people to stare at other people's crotches to make sure they're using the right bathrooms.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 04:24 on Jun 22, 2017

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but i'm sure democratic leadership was totally in the right in abandoning this area because of racsexists and not because the clintons wanted to pump the party for every last dollar.

kinda like how there's all this handwringing about gerrymandering making it impossible for a democrat with no message and hard-republican stances to win, and i'm over here saying "gerrymandering wasn't always a problem for you, motherfuckers."

defenstrate old neolibs is what i'm calling for, i guess.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

for those wondering (all none of you) my personal insanity arises from not just serving as the chair of a local democratic party in a solidly red county that has atrophied for more than a decade, but also having to find a second job because lol if anyone important thinks teacher's aides should get paid a living wage in a rural county.

and somehow in all of that, i have to canvas for a local candidate for the state house because the incumbent is a carpet-bagging piece of poo poo lives two counties over and preaches fiscal conservatism up until he proposes and pushes hard for stupid loving laws about how the bible should be the state book or how the state government should pay people to stare at other people's crotches to make sure they're using the right bathrooms.

to use a pop culture analogy so that the bad dems itt can understand where the gently caress i'm coming from: imagine some third-rate also ran who only learned about wizardy from youtube tutorials originally recorded in a foriegn language, overworked and underpaid and completely insane, is the only one trying to keep cthulu sealed up in his tomb because harold porter, richard wisely and harmony grenidier hosed off back to hedgeward's to lick deloris babbage's boots because her election to head principal of hedgeward was an inevitiability so imagine when an utter fuckup like phillip petticoat managed to slime his way in because babbage couldn't be hosed to let students in the hobblepop house know what she was gonna do for them.

in other words, y'all hosed up and here i am.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 04:24 on Jun 22, 2017

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ThndrShk2k posted:

Ah, the famous 8th book.

oh, please don't get the impression that i'm a fan. i've written the absolute boy a letter begging him to make sure blairites get the bullet, too, when he decides to start the revolution.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logikv9 posted:

posting should be judged from a non political view which is why I'm finding the gimmick tiresome

non political view... in a political shitposting forum...?

:thunk:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyway, as a way to rebalance the humors of this thread after that diarrhetic posting storm of mine, have some brock berrigan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX_kyxBKb5g

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vox Nihili posted:

I reply to everything, twitter is already trash and the opportunity to anonymously yell at semi-famous idiots is cathartic.

s'truth. twitter is really only worthwhile for jokes and breaking news.

but not jokes like the dnc.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but one more thing: if you consider yourself a democrat and you are not angry about the present state of things with this party, you either don't understand the problem or you have a vested interest in continuing the problem.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiler Kiwi posted:

its like coming across a music festival in the desert, run by the people who Like Everything But Country And Rap

so you have been to burning man?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/bad_bad_bernie/status/728689929878786048

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/877604197956562945

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

He's just worried his maids might unionize if progressives get their way.

the screws made me spend six in the hole for the last joke i made about his maids, so i wasn't about to make that journey again.

i mean, it coulda been worse -- they coulda made me work in the arkansas governor's mansion.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/conradhackett/status/876587336162836480

eat the rich with beans and cornbread, imo

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this yacknovic fellah... i don't like him.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wasn't about to proclaim that the absolute boy finally grabbed his dinner egg and subsequently firing the first shot of the workers' revolution, but i was quite pleased to see corbyn and labour both perform better than the odds that everyone gave him.

that's the thing about setting expectations artificially low -- you'll either get them right or be quite pleasantly surprised.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paranoid randroid posted:

well then lets all kill ourselves i guess

joke's on you, i'm already dead!

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

if it were up to me to pick a soundtrack for the democrats, it'd be pretty much anything by passenger of poo poo. just the harsh screaming of obscenities into a microphone to distorted chiptune samples for all eternity.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UHD posted:

hoyer is an idiot fucker

ftfy

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this party is full of gobshites who couldn't piss their way out of a damp paper bag if you spotted them all the lemonade as they could drink

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe one day i can post this track in good conscience because goddamn, we do not deserve a track this nice anytime soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ4-vj4zBcw&hd=1

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/sarahljaffe/status/877972708826505216

primary every last one of these motherfuckers

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

is that statement based on literally anything at all, because from her timeline it looks like shes just angry about the Hoyer comment

when, for chrissakes, has democratic leadership ever failed to disappoint in the previous ten years?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
certain dems itt make me understand the "gently caress libs" vote tbh

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

well not giving yourself a rage stroke over twitter speculation is prolly a good one

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i'm posting itt to say that i, as the chair of a local party will continue to poo poo on national leadership in its current incarnation (and the state leaderships who support them) until they either unfuck themselves or gently caress off, with the latter being the far more preferable option to me.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
seriously, for the complete lack of any sort of discernible message, democrats are loving up royally at it.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

The natural result is 💯% vote for GOP in 2018

if we keep doing what neolibs insist will win elections, sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/facepaulmrevere/status/878013992790142977

https://twitter.com/girlziplocked/status/878003731660451840

• Locked thread